LAWYER HELP REQUESTED

Vort

3 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

@Vort, you are developing an anti-authority streak. Has @Midwest LDS been giving you my Libertarian books? 

(No, seriously. @Midwest LDS, what did you do with them?) 

Oh you know smiling and nodding while reading the economic parts, burning the parts that say it's wrong to conquer and pillage weak countries

Guest MormonGator
Just now, Vort said:

I'm actually all for legitimate authority exercised appropriately. And I give Church leaders extra leeway on the "exercised appropriately" part. But not elected leaders. Never.

So, you did steal my Dead Kennedy albums too, huh? Jerk. 

Guest MormonGator
Just now, Midwest LDS said:

Oh you know smiling and nodding while reading the economic parts, burning the parts that say it's wrong to conquer and pillage weak countries

I thought our conversations on Facebook would have quelled your warmongering ways. 

"Fool! You have learned nothing!."-Said in my greatest Dr. Doom voice. 

Guest Scott
3 minutes ago, Vort said:

And I give Church leaders extra leeway on the "exercised appropriately" part. But not elected leaders. Never.

Technically they are both.   Several of those who came up with and are saying that they are enforcing the band are local Church leaders, but also elected officials.   Most of the elected officials in rural Utah are members of the Church and most of them have local Church leadership positions.   

8 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

I thought our conversations on Facebook would have quelled your warmongering ways. 

"Fool! You have learned nothing!."-Said in my greatest Dr. Doom voice. 

Quelled? Nay now I have an even stronger desire to march the US army into the UN, shouting at the top of my lungs "I say you are no more Parliam...I mean an assembly" and boot them out of New York. Except I can't leave my house this week due to quarantine. Oh well I can make drinking cups of the skulls of my enemies next week.

Edited by Midwest LDS

Guest MormonGator
4 minutes ago, Midwest LDS said:

Quelled? Nay now I have an even stronger desire to march the US army into the UN, shouting at the top of my lungs "I say you are no more Parliam...I mean an assembly" and boot them out of New York. Except I can't leave my house this week due to quarantine. Oh well I can make drinking skulls of my enemies next week.

It is high time for me to put an end to your sitting in this place,

which you have dishonored by your contempt of all virtue, and defiled by your practice of every vice.

Ye are a factious crew, and enemies to all good government.

Ye are a pack of mercenary wretches, and would like Esau sell your country for a mess of pottage, and like Judas betray your God for a few pieces of money.

Is there a single virtue now remaining amongst you? Is there one vice you do not possess?

Ye have no more religion than my horse. Gold is your God. Which of you have not bartered your conscience for bribes? Is there a man amongst you that has the least care for the good of the Commonwealth?

Ye sordid prostitutes have you not defiled this sacred place, and turned the Lord's temple into a den of thieves, by your immoral principles and wicked practices?

Ye are grown intolerably odious to the whole nation. You were deputed here by the people to get grievances redressed, are yourselves become the greatest grievance.

Your country therefore calls upon me to cleanse this Augean stable, by putting a final period to your iniquitous proceedings in this House; and which by God's help, and the strength he has given me, I am now come to do.

I command ye therefore, upon the peril of your lives, to depart immediately out of this place.

Go, get you out! Make haste! Ye venal slaves be gone! So! Take away that shining bauble there, and lock up the doors.

In the name of God, go!

18 minutes ago, Scott said:

Technically they are both.   Several of those who came up with and are saying that they are enforcing the band are local Church leaders, but also elected officials.   Most of the elected officials in rural Utah are members of the Church and most of them have local Church leadership positions.   

They are not my ecclesiastical leaders. The mere fact that they might be LDS bishops somewhere or other means nothing as far as their political duties go.

Guest Scott
50 minutes ago, Vort said:

They are not my ecclesiastical leaders. The mere fact that they might be LDS bishops somewhere or other means nothing as far as their political duties go.

I am not defending them, just pointing that out.  In fact I think poorly of most political leaders in rural Utah.

Edited by Scott

14 hours ago, MormonGator said:

So they don't want you to be in groups over 10-yet they are going to arrest you and throw you in jail. 

Thanks government. 

I want to give this both a laugh and a cry reaction......

At my work, as of today we are going to 'skeleton crews' at the office and taking turns working from home.  To limit our exposure to others.  Our controller brought all 9 of us in the department into her office to tell us of the plan........She failed to see the irony.

Guest Scott
On 3/12/2020 at 3:26 PM, Vort said:

Jay Insleee, the scumbag leftist governor of the State of Dementia Washington, has ordered all public and private schools closed in three counties.

What authority does a governor have to order the closing of private schools?

This seems very mild compared to what is happening now.  It's hard to believe that this was only posted six days ago.

On 3/13/2020 at 8:26 AM, Vort said:

Jay Insleee, the scumbag leftist governor of the State of Dementia Washington, has ordered all public and private schools closed in three counties.

What authority does a governor have to order the closing of private schools?

We sort of had the opposite situation here yesterday. Media reports are hinting at a vigorous discussion yesterday between the federal Minister of Education and the senior Archbishop in Australia's largest state. The Archbishop wants to close the Catholic schools and the Minister wants them to stay open. The Minister's position prevailed, but only because he made frequent references to the very large amount of government funding paid to Catholic schools. Apparently discussions between the Prime Minister and the President of the Association of Independent Schools on the same issue was more cordial. 

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Scott

The only states left without Stay at Home Orders:

47826-F28-901-D-40-D6-96-BC-DB19-BE41779-F.jpg

A lot of the counties in those states do have stay out home orders though.  In Utah, for example, 10 out of 29 counties have stay at home orders.

6 hours ago, Scott said:

The only states left without Stay at Home Orders:

47826-F28-901-D-40-D6-96-BC-DB19-BE41779-F.jpg

A lot of the counties in those states do have stay out home orders though.  In Utah, for example, 10 out of 29 counties have stay at home orders.

South Carolina is no longer on that list:

https://www.scnow.com/messenger/news/sc-governor-issues-stay-at-home-order-with-exceptions/article_f3045a91-eebf-5044-bbc2-b34d2b8ab4f7.amp.html