General Conference music by TCATS

HiJolly

General Conference music  April 2020 

Well my friends, for a long time I have been sharing what I know about the Tabernacle Choir at Temple Square (TCATS) music for General Conference. This April things are different.  

First, TCATS will be performing both sessions of Saturday and both sessions of Sunday conference. We haven't done that in a good long time. Although I believe there is a good chance that this music may come pre-recorded, and not live. 

Second, when the list of music for Conference was published, for the first time the list was accompanied with a request that we keep the list confidential, and not share it. 

And when I saw a particular song listed for the Sunday AM conference session, well. I guess that's why. But I don't really know. I'm not sure, but I don't think we have sung that song in GC since 1893. hmmmm... 

I debated for a week or so whether I could in good conscience share only the rest hymns, and honestly I don't see how that could possibly be a problem, but I have decided not to share anything. Sorry! 

Carry on, and try not to miss Sunday morning conference. 

BTW, the next 3 weeks of 'Music and the Spoken Word' will be pre-recorded. 

3 hours ago, HiJolly said:

General Conference music  April 2020 

Well my friends, for a long time I have been sharing what I know about the Tabernacle Choir at Temple Square (TCATS) music for General Conference. This April things are different.  

First, TCATS will be performing both sessions of Saturday and both sessions of Sunday conference. We haven't done that in a good long time. Although I believe there is a good chance that this music may come pre-recorded, and not live. 

Second, when the list of music for Conference was published, for the first time the list was accompanied with a request that we keep the list confidential, and not share it. 

And when I saw a particular song listed for the Sunday AM conference session, well. I guess that's why. But I don't really know. I'm not sure, but I don't think we have sung that song in GC since 1893. hmmmm... 

I debated for a week or so whether I could in good conscience share only the rest hymns, and honestly I don't see how that could possibly be a problem, but I have decided not to share anything. Sorry! 

Carry on, and try not to miss Sunday morning conference. 

BTW, the next 3 weeks of 'Music and the Spoken Word' will be pre-recorded. 

Wasn’t the Hosanna Anthem sung when the conference center was dedicated in 2000-2001?