April 2020 General Conference rumor

HiJolly

This post may or may not have something related to my previously posted comment earlier today. 

The SLC Church leadership are spoiled. Until just recently, if they wanted to go to the temple, it was just a phone call, electric cart ride and 10 minutes away. Now, they've got to run up to Bountiful or down to Jordan River (or maybe Draper) and it takes literally hours to do, beginning to end. 

So I think in General Conference, on Sunday AM, they will dedicate a portion of the Conference Center as a temple. Probably the 'little theatre'. 

You're welcome.    🙂

25 minutes ago, HiJolly said:

This post may or may not have something related to my previously posted comment earlier today. 

The SLC Church leadership are spoiled. Until just recently, if they wanted to go to the temple, it was just a phone call, electric cart ride and 10 minutes away. Now, they've got to run up to Bountiful or down to Jordan River (or maybe Draper) and it takes literally hours to do, beginning to end. 

So I think in General Conference, on Sunday AM, they will dedicate a portion of the Conference Center as a temple. Probably the 'little theatre'. 

You're welcome.    🙂

If you’re singing the Hosanna Anthem (as I thought you were hinting in the other thread) . . .

I think I might still take that bet.  Not all the GAs live in Salt Lake (Oaks and Uchtdorf live across the street from each other in Bountiful).  Even if the Q15 were just dedicating a site for their Thursday prayer meetings, one would think the Church Administration Building (where their offices already are, and which is beautifully decorated) would more than suffice.

My money is that if you’re singing the Hosanna Anthem, it’s either a) as a generic celebration of the Restoration; or b) because the conference will have been joined by a Very Special Guest.

Sadly, if it’s b), I’ll probably be feeling a little too crispy to celebrate my clairvoyance. ;)