Is Trump a good guy? Are the Democrats helping the country?

Traveler

I am not sure how to title this thread but something odd, surprising and perhaps even good may have come out the strangeness of everything going on with the pandemic.    First off I am very skeptical when events appear to be a coincidence.    In sports when a receiver is wide open and catches a pass for a touch down – the announcers will often say there was a breakdown (coincidence) in the defense.  The reality is that the so-called breakdown of the defense was really a carefully plotted and executed plan by the opposing offense.

Last week I read that Russia and Saudi Arabia lowered the price of crude oil in a trade war.  I am not sure this was actually a trade war but a deliberate plan to lower the price of crude to around 31 USD per barrel.  Many wonder why would Russia be involved in this move because they rely on the sale of crude in their economy.  Time for research.

First off Russia and Saudi Araba have a very different economic structure that what we are used to here in the USA.  Instead of a corporate structure with shareholders these countries are run by oligarchs (a few individuals that do not answer to anyone but themselves). 

The production costs for crude in Saudi Araba is about 20 USD per barrel.   The cost in Russia is between 30 and 35 USD.  In short, 31 UDS per barrel of crude is the minimum that Russia could go without impacting the oligarchs in their economy.

Why is this important?  Because the USA has recently become energy independent and the reason the USA is independent is because of fracking.  There is a reason that Saudi Araba and Russia want to stop fracking and they are in luck – fracking shell oil ends up costing 40 USD per barrel of crude.  But there is more.  Fracking is a new industry that is heavily leveraged.  This mean that if crude is selling at 31 USD per barrel it will not take long before fracking companies are bankrupt and out of business.

The democrats seem to be helping Russia force the USA back into energy independence.  In my research I have become an expert on the “environmental” arguments for fracking.  If anyone wants to debate that issue – I am more than ready.

But back to the subject – in the middle of this coronavirus Russia and Saudi Araba are scheming to end our energy independence.  However, the Trump administration wants to help subsidize fracking.  I got started researching all this when I saw what looked like a coincidence.   I thought that the Democrats would come out in full force with the Trump is about helping the rich corporations and businesses and forgetting about the common and poor people.  But just last week the House passed the stimulus bill and; Surprise, Surprise – US oil drilling companies are part of the stimulus.  How could this have happened – Is Trump as worthy as @anatess2  has argued with me?  Are the Democrats really going to swallow giving stimulus money to the very rich?  We will see how this all rings out as the political battle lines are drawn as the election gets closer.  Does anyone want the bet a scoop of ice cream that sometime between now and the election that the Democrats accuse Trump of favoring the rich and say that they were held hostage by the virus?

The Traveler

I think one would need to see how the Virus pans out first.  If half a million or more US citizens die because of the inadequacy or the choices the Trump Administration made (and I expect Trump to accept responsibility for it about as much as he accepted responsibility for the lack of test kits...which is to say...none [and he tries to blame everyone but himself and his administration, though the blame rightly belongs squarely on him in my opinion] because that's just the type of individual he is) then...no...I don't think he's all that good of a guy.

Instead, I think it would turn this year of his presidency into a tragedy which he is completely responsible for.

4 hours ago, JohnsonJones said:

I think one would need to see how the Virus pans out first.  If half a million or more US citizens die because of the inadequacy or the choices the Trump Administration made (and I expect Trump to accept responsibility for it about as much as he accepted responsibility for the lack of test kits...which is to say...none [and he tries to blame everyone but himself and his administration, though the blame rightly belongs squarely on him in my opinion] because that's just the type of individual he is) then...no...I don't think he's all that good of a guy.

Instead, I think it would turn this year of his presidency into a tragedy which he is completely responsible for.

Spoken like a true Globalist Big Government warrior.  Please clap.

5 hours ago, JohnsonJones said:

Before this thread gets hijacked - the question is not so much about the virus - there are other threads that cover that topic.  What I wanted readers to focus on is the drop in crude oil prices and international efforts to take advantage of a global economic slowdown, because of the virus, to shutdown and end USA energy independence.  Right now with the stimulus package (yet to pass the Senate and be signed by the President) our energy sector will be preserved.  What happens to this bill and in the debates specific to the energy stimulus (aside all the political rhetoric) - I am suggesting this is a clear issue to watch to determine who (running for president and federal offices - House and Senate) can be trusted to oversee our economy - or who is really being influenced by foreign collusion. 

The Traveler