The whole world has gone crazy

Guest Scott

Some politicians in the Philippines have gone crazy causing hundreds of our missionaries stranded amid the edict for all foreigners to exit the country.  It's idiotic.  Government:  All foreigners must exit the country.  Also Government:  You can't travel domestically to get to an international airport. 

Sigh.

The craziest thing to me is the current status of the work of salvation:

1. Redeeming the dead - The vicarious work of ordinances has completely stopped. Family history is all that can be done. This work is severely diminished. 

2. Perfecting the Saints - Meeting together often has almost completely stopped throughout the whole world. This work is severely diminished. 

3. Proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ - Missionaries being sent home, limited to their apartments, and not gaining access to the homes to teach others. This work is severely diminished. 

Now, as I know the Lord is over all and has a perfect understanding of everything, it is exciting to me to see how He intends to do His own work! 

One thing is for sure... I believe this general conference might have the closest attention paid to it of any previous general conference! The excitement of the saints to hear from the Lord’s prophet is palpable!