All foreign missionaries coming home?

mikbone

13 minutes ago, mrmarket said:

So Sinema isn’t such a terrible person even if she is an open bisexual exmormon I guess

Imagine that.  Sinema had better problem-solving skills than the Eagle Scout Romney.

as for voting for Romney???? I didn’t vote for him why did you fling that comment at me?

YOU - Utah majority.  Not YOU, mrmarket.  Sorry if it wasn't obvious.

In defense of Romney though, what was he supposed to do? You know if he tried to help or influence the church at all he would be accused of politicking for Mormons or interfering with the churches operations. I’m most sure either case would have happened.

Really?  A Senator doesn't think he should help his constituents on a foreign diplomatic endeavor to the Philippine government because... it would help his Church and the optics would be bad?  What use is he then???  Well, beside optics... That's about the only thing he cares about, I find.  I don't even know why you're trying to defend the indefensible.

Edited by anatess2

14 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

Imagine that.  Sinema had better problem-solving skills than the Eagle Scout Romney.

YOU - Utah majority.  Not YOU, mrmarket.  Sorry if it wasn't obvious.

Really?  A Senator doesn't think he should help his constituents on a foreign diplomatic endeavor to the Philippine government because... it would help his Church and the optics would be bad?  What use is he then???  Well, beside optics... That's about the only thing he cares about, I find.  I don't even know why you're trying to defend the indefensible.

I don’t live in Utah have no idea where u got that.

again, what exactly was mittens going to do? Tell the church how to pull this off? I think not. 

1 minute ago, mrmarket said:

I don’t live in Utah have no idea where u got that.

Why do you think I think you live in Utah or that it matters?  Know your pronouns.

1 minute ago, mrmarket said:

again, what exactly was mittens going to do? Tell the church how to pull this off? I think not. 

OMGoodness.  Do what Sinema did after realizing we needed help.  Issue a foreign diplomatic communication to the Philippine Government to seek travel ban exemption on behalf of American citizens in their State.  THAT'S WHAT CONGRESSIONAL REPRESENTATIVES DO!  ARIZONA DID IT FOR UTAH.  UTAH - whose citizens vastly outnumbered any other State's missionaries, and whose airport received all missionaries including those from other States - should have been the one to spearhead the diplomatic outreach.

16 minutes ago, mrmarket said:

He should have done... exactly what Sinema did.  The optics look great for her.  For the Church she help bring our Son's and Daughter's home.  For everyone else.. she helped bring stranded Americans home.. The only people that plays poorly to are people who are anti American

43 minutes ago, estradling75 said:

He should have done... exactly what Sinema did.  The optics look great for her.  For the Church she help bring our Son's and Daughter's home.  For everyone else.. she helped bring stranded Americans home.. The only people that plays poorly to are people who are anti American

I thought the church had this all under control. Had no idea they needed a senator to get it done. From now on perhaps they should consult with the govt first before doing things of any scale.

19 minutes ago, mrmarket said:

I thought the church had this all under control. Had no idea they needed a senator to get it done. From now on perhaps they should consult with the govt first before doing things of any scale.

You know nothing Jon Snow.  Sigh.

15 hours ago, anatess2 said:

I very rarely say this about anyone.  But I have said it today and I have not regretted it yet.  I hate Mitt Romney.  He did not even do ANYTHING to help us.

Krysten Sinema - who I believed was a poor choice against McSally - was the Senator that helped us.  Imagine that.  An Arizona Senator, uninvolved in the process was the one that lifted her finger to help us.  Mitt Romney who is the Senator of UTAH - the State where the planes from the Philippines are headed - did NOTHING.  And then he dared criticize missionary parents after all the things they've been through.  If you vote that dimwit into office again, I will take it personally (ok, ok, like that makes a difference, but still...)

I don't hate Romney at all, but I think we may be in agreeance on him in other areas.  I don't like how he acts in politics.  I don't think he's trustworthy.  I think he is a LOT like Clinton in some ways, even more when you compare that she moved to gain a Senate Seat....and so did he.

Hopefully we can all pray for better days to be coming.  I think there is still a LOT of work to be done and there are at least several nations where I think the field is still white and ready to be harvested.

Spoke to a real good friend today. He was on a cruise ship over in Europe that wasn't allowed into any ports. Romney was able to convince the French to allow it into port. He worked out a flight to bring back as many Americans as possible. My friend was one of them.

I know at least one person who is extremely grateful for Romney's efforts right now.