Plein Air

Your post reminded me of a quote from then Elder Russell M Nelson:

"In God’s eternal plan, salvation is an individual matter; exaltation is a family matter."

As much as we need the Church to administer the ordinances of exaltation the actual process of becoming exalted takes place largely in the home and during the time spent with family. It would be a real shame and missed opportunity for any member to view this time as simply one to be endured until we can get back to church.

On 3/22/2020 at 8:33 AM, Plein Air said:

As we partook of the Sacrament today as a family the thought entered my mind that this day will likely mark the largest number of Sacrament administrations performed on this earth in a single day since Adam and Eve were placed here.  I also thought back to a time years ago when a large group of friends and family was given permission to bless and partake of the Sacrament together, outdoors in a remote location, many miles from any type of civilization.  I feel those events will stand out forever as two of the most memorable Sundays in my life.  I am now motivated to work harder to make every participation in the Sacrament as special and as memorable as those two. 

If we took the 16+ million members of the church and had only 1 in 6 participating in a separate Sacrament event, there would be over 2.7 million Sacrament administrations completed by the time the sun sets on the last Sunday in the world this week. 

Though I find your post interesting, it is my understanding that Jesus introduced the administering of the sacrament at Passover with his Apostles.  I would be interested in any references to the sacrament as an ordinance outside of Passover - especially for ordinances between Adam and Moses (prior to Passover).

The reason I bring this up is to make sure and insure that we understand the purpose and meaning of the Sacrament and prophetically what we remember and look forward to.

The Traveler

• 2 weeks later...

Its tomorrow already here in Australia and because we normally don't have sacrament on a General Conference Sunday I'm thinking of not having it today. I note that at the moment my son is not out administering the sacrament to those without the Priesthood in their homes this week the way he has been in the last 2 or 3 weeks, but then it's only 8:40 am, so maybe its still too early for that.