Vort

CNN's overt patronization is unbelievable.

Recommended Posts

Quote

Last week, a 99-year-old New Jersey man who went to an engagement party was arrested in New Jersey for defying the state's ban on gatherings.

1st off, congratulations (pre-)boomer.

Look, are we under martial law or not? If we are then proclaiming looters will be shot is not sensationalist enough to warrant a headline. If we're not then this is ridiculous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't find the article hateful.  We see many people of all ages that are probably not social distancing or staying at home, but they chose to focus on Seniors.  Not all Seniors are like that, just not like all College Age kids are like those who went to Florida for Spring Break, and not all people are like the ones that went to Mardi Gras in New Orleans.

I know that most that I know that are my age are taking this very seriously.  I haven't seen many of them for weeks.  We call each other and wish each other to stay healthy and stay at home except for going out about once a week for groceries. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, JohnsonJones said:

I didn't find the article hateful.  We see many people of all ages that are probably not social distancing or staying at home, but they chose to focus on Seniors.  Not all Seniors are like that, just not like all College Age kids are like those who went to Florida for Spring Break, and not all people are like the ones that went to Mardi Gras in New Orleans.

I know that most that I know that are my age are taking this very seriously.  I haven't seen many of them for weeks.  We call each other and wish each other to stay healthy and stay at home except for going out about once a week for groceries. 

Wow!  What a shock!  No no... not that JJ loves CNN, we all know that.  But he was able to express that love in an inch of space on my monitor! 

Just pulling your leg, JJ. :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, JohnsonJones said:

I didn't find the article hateful.

Nor did I. Rather, I found CNN eminently hateable, as illustrated by their unyielding condescension toward what they consider a superfluous population.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Vort said:

Nor did I. Rather, I found CNN eminently hateable, as illustrated by their unyielding condescension toward what they consider a superfluous population.

Just their superfluous population?  Au contraire....

Feb 7 on CNN Health:  The US coronavirus travel ban could backfire. Here's how

Oh, what 24 days can do...  CNN restricting employee travel amid coronavirus outbreak

Edited by anatess2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CNN is bad, but ABC Nightline's Byron Pitts has got to take the award for sucking the most atrociously. This was directed to VP Pence and is from faithwire (4/3): 

“I ask this not in a political way,” Pitts said, framing his question. “But for you, sir, like so many of us in our nation, you are a person of deep faith; no one doubts that. When you talk to God in your moments alone, do you feel yourself worrying at all that people you represent and care deeply about have died and will die who did not need to because of steps that the federal government did not take soon enough?”

[Of course, Pitts claims to be a fellow Christian believer...]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Vort said:

Nor did I. Rather, I found CNN eminently hateable, as illustrated by their unyielding condescension toward what they consider a superfluous population.

In my opinion the stage is set for Latter day Saints to put together a new network that will dwarf CNN.

Here is some motivation for you:

 

 

Quote

 

07-07-17

Satan's Frequency

The Spirit of God says, "Why are you tuned into the enemy's frequency? Why aren't you tuned into mine? Why do you listen to the doom and gloom? Do you not realize that they are tuned into the enemy's airwaves? I said go through out all the earth and preach my gospel, the good news! Then why is there so much doom and gloom? Why are you siding and agreeing with the enemies plans? Repent! You give more airtime to the enemies plans than mine, thus empowering his plans. Did I not say that life and death are in the power of the tongue? Then speak life! Why are my leaders searing the consciousness of my people with doom and gloom teaching? You who preach doom and gloom are robbing my people of hope and the will to fight. You are no longer saving lives but taking them. How you might ask? Your doom and gloom messages have robbed them of hope to the point of suicide! You prophets and pastors of doom and gloom now have blood on your hands! You are prophesying your own doom! Repent!"

The Spirit of God says, "The news media, the news media, you have become a stench unto my nostrils, there is no spirit of truth in you. I the Lord God will clean out the news media and bring back truth. The sign will be given when news outlets will go down, bankrupt, and I the Lord God will rebuild them using my righteous people to restore them. I am calling on my Army, those who are chosen to be journalists, investors, to get ready to take your place as I tear down and rebuild my news media."

The Spirit of God says, "Where are my billionaires and millionaires? Why are you not buying out these news outlets and taking control? That money I gave you was for my kingdom, to advance my kingdom in all areas of influence. Now is the time to move into my news media! I will now take back what belongs to me using my Army and the finances I have given them. Rise up my Army and take back my news media so the spirit of truth will begin to flow. This is a fight the enemy does not want to see, he has held this stronghold for too long and his time is up. Take this fight to the enemy and my Army will be victorious and my media will be brought back to me."

 

(Mark Taylor, sordrescue  .com)

A great first interview for an aspiring LDS News anchor would be with Mrs. Marilyn Braxton about how she prayed to get the results that she did.  (Her husband came back after flatlining for nearly two hours).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, prisonchaplain said:

CNN is bad, but ABC Nightline's Byron Pitts has got to take the award for sucking the most atrociously. This was directed to VP Pence and is from faithwire (4/3): 

“I ask this not in a political way,” Pitts said, framing his question. “But for you, sir, like so many of us in our nation, you are a person of deep faith; no one doubts that. When you talk to God in your moments alone, do you feel yourself worrying at all that people you represent and care deeply about have died and will die who did not need to because of steps that the federal government did not take soon enough?”

[Of course, Pitts claims to be a fellow Christian believer...]

It is like no holds are barred and all possible methods are justified when it comes to attacking the political right!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now