Sign in to follow this  
Carborendum

Three Official Proclamations

Thus far, there have been three officially declared proclamations (not to be confused with "Declarations").

• The Living Christ
  • The Family
  • The Restoration (The Church)

I don't know if there will be more or not.  But there is a very interesting pattern about these three.  God, Family, Church. They are not just proclamations. The Apostles of God are bearing testimony to the world.

In addition to those, they have had three others (at least from the Church's website), or as President Nelson stated, before the one this past Conference, there have been 5 others.

5 previous proclamations in Church History

The previous five proclamations are:

• Proclamation of the First Presidency to the Saints Scattered Abroad, issued on January 15, 1841, in Nauvoo, Illinois—Signed by Joseph Smith, Sidney Rigdon and Hyrum Smith, the proclamation details the progress of the Church despite hardships and persecutions.

• Proclamation of the Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, issued on April 6, 1845, in New York City, New York, and on October 22, 1845, in Liverpool, England—Issued by the Twelve since the martyrdom dissolved the First Presidency, the proclamation was printed and distributed on both sides of the Atlantic Ocean. It proclaimed that God had spoken from the heavens and restored the gospel of Jesus Christ to the earth and included a voice of warning as well as an invitation.

• Proclamation of the First Presidency and the Twelve Apostles, issued on October 21, 1865, in Salt Lake City—This proclamation was sent to Church members to correct certain theories about the nature of God and established the order that new doctrine is to be announced only by the First Presidency.

In some ways it still matches up with what you have said about them bearing testimony.

7 hours ago, Carborendum said:

Thus far, there have been three officially declared proclamations (not to be confused with "Declarations").

• The Living Christ
  • The Family

I don't know if there will be more or not.  But there is a very interesting pattern about these three.  God, Family, Church. They are not just proclamations. The Apostles of God are bearing testimony to the world.

It is my personal opinion that proclamations (especially the most recent) are more of a warning of things that will shortly come to pass.

The Traveler

16 hours ago, Traveler said:

It is my personal opinion that proclamations (especially the most recent) are more of a warning of things that will shortly come to pass.

The Traveler

I am somewhat of this position, myself. 

• First Vision: 1820
  • Established Church: 1830
  • Joseph's Death: 1844
  • OD1: 1890
  • D&C 138: 1918 
  • OD2: 1978
  • Family Proclamation: 1995
  • The Living Christ: 2000
  • The Restoration Proclamation: 2020

If we have another proclamation in 5 years, we'll know there's something going on.

Edited by Carborendum

1 hour ago, Carborendum said:

If we have another proclamation in 5 years, we'll know there's something going on.

You do not have to wait even 5 years - rest assured that something is definitely going on!!!!   😯

The Traveler

It's all coming together.

Our family discussed how the Conference seemed to focus on the Priesthood and Receiving personal revelation from the Holy Ghost.  That set upon the background of the restoration seemed to parallel the Three Proclamations.

God, Family, Church

We have priesthood restored to provide the ordinances of blessing and confirmation (Gift of the Holy Ghost).  We have priesthood restored to provide for the welding link obtained in the temples of the Lord.

On 4/8/2020 at 6:47 AM, Carborendum said:

• The Living Christ
  • The Family

I can see one more given, which has technically already been proclaimed by a First Presidency of the Church, and that is the "Origin of Man" -- our creation in the image of God.

On 4/8/2020 at 8:47 AM, Carborendum said:

• The Living Christ
  • The Family

To clarify, technically The Living Christ is not a Proclamation. At least not one of the five earlier Proclamations to which President Nelson had referred.  @JohnsonJones shared a link that gives the listing of the official proclamations. If you want to be able to read them all, this link can link you to copies of the documents.

https://www.ldsliving.com/What-Are-the-6-Proclamations-that-Have-Been-Issued-in-Church-History/s/92664