2020 Worldwide Fast to fight Covid-19

So tonight, my dear brothers and sisters, in the spirit of the sons of Mosiah, who gave themselves to much fasting and prayer, and as part of our April 2020 general conference, I am calling for another worldwide fast. For all whose health may permit, let us fast, pray, and unite our faith once again. Let us prayerfully plead for relief from this global pandemic.

I invite all, including those not of our faith, to fast and pray on Good Friday, April 10, that the present pandemic may be controlled, caregivers protected, the economy strengthened, and life normalized.

How do we fast? Two meals or a period of 24 hours is customary. But you decide what would constitute a sacrifice for you, as you remember the supreme sacrifice the Savior made for you. Let us unite in pleading for healing throughout the world.

-President Russell M. Nelson, Opening the Heavens for Help, April 2020 General Conference.

What are you all planning to sacrifice other than food and water?

I am still deciding.

30 minutes ago, Emmanuel Goldstein said:

What are you all planning to sacrifice other than food and water?

I am still deciding.

Sometimes it is hard to determine the difference between what is being sacrificed and what is being lost.  I have made a personal commitment that regardless of what transpires - I will meet each day with gladness and maintain and attitude of joy and thanksgiving for all continued blessings.

The Traveler

1 minute ago, Traveler said:

Sometimes it is hard to determine the difference between what is being sacrificed and what is being lost.  I have made a personal commitment that regardless of what transpires - I will meet each day with gladness and maintain and attitude of joy and thanksgiving for all continued blessings.

The Traveler

That is good. Staying positive in the face of adversity is very difficult. 

Guest MormonGator
9 minutes ago, Emmanuel Goldstein said:

I think you may have misunderstood what he meant by sacrifice. lol

Oh. You meant the other kind of sacrifice. 

@NeuroTypical, I guess we're all set.. No need to come over tonight. 

Guest MormonGator
1 minute ago, pam said:

Nope. Snooze you lose.  Just more for Gator and I.  

Uh, we need someone to cook for us. @mirkwood, we just saved your life. Do you mind? If you say no the human sacrifice is back on. 

1 minute ago, MormonGator said:

Uh, we need someone to cook for us. @mirkwood, we just saved your life. Do you mind? If you say no the human sacrifice is back on. 

This was a human sacrifice?  Then heck no to the bbq.  I've suddenly become vegan.  

2 hours ago, Xavier said:

Is this Lent you're referring to in addition to fasting?

I am referring to the quote from President Nelson: "How do we fast? Two meals or a period of 24 hours is customary. But you decide what would constitute a sacrifice for you, as you remember the supreme sacrifice the Savior made for you. Let us unite in pleading for healing throughout the world."

20 minutes ago, Emmanuel Goldstein said:

I am referring to the quote from President Nelson: "How do we fast? Two meals or a period of 24 hours is customary. But you decide what would constitute a sacrifice for you, as you remember the supreme sacrifice the Savior made for you. Let us unite in pleading for healing throughout the world."

After he said that, I remember writing in my notes "what will I sacrifice in the next few days?"  

Right now, I haven't come up with anything other than food and drink.  For personal reasons, I'm fasting today instead of tomorrow.  It's really hard for me at work because I usually go through 3-4 liters of water at my desk.  Maybe that's my sacrifice, fasting in a different environment that's more difficult.

2 hours ago, dprh said:

After he said that, I remember writing in my notes "what will I sacrifice in the next few days?"  

Right now, I haven't come up with anything other than food and drink.  For personal reasons, I'm fasting today instead of tomorrow.  It's really hard for me at work because I usually go through 3-4 liters of water at my desk.  Maybe that's my sacrifice, fasting in a different environment that's more difficult.

One of my most spiritual fasts happened on my mission when we played basketball with some youth on Sat evening after my fast had started. I about died of thirst but it seemed to make a noticable difference in my fast.