Can a Christian who takes the idea of reincarnation seriously...

DennisTate

On 1/24/2021 at 3:00 AM, e v e said:

the awakening is not a christian concept. 

I think that there is a Christian version of it that will fit perfectly with Joel.  

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/scriptures/ot/joel/2?lang=eng

28  And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will apour out my bspirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall cprophesy, your dold men shall edream dreams, your young men shall see fvisions:

29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.

30 And I will shew awonders in the bheavens and in the earth, blood, and cfire, and pillars of smoke.

31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into ablood, before the great and the terrible bday of the Lord come.

32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall acall on the name of bthe Lord shall be cdelivered: for in dmount eZion and in fJerusalem shall be gdeliverance, as the Lord hath said, and in the hremnant whom the Lord shall icall.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/1/2021 at 6:38 PM, DennisTate said:

I think that there is a Christian version of it that will fit perfectly with Joel.  

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/scriptures/ot/joel/2?lang=eng

28  And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will apour out my bspirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall cprophesy, your dold men shall edream dreams, your young men shall see fvisions:

29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.

30 And I will shew awonders in the bheavens and in the earth, blood, and cfire, and pillars of smoke.

31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into ablood, before the great and the terrible bday of the Lord come.

32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall acall on the name of bthe Lord shall be cdelivered: for in dmount eZion and in fJerusalem shall be gdeliverance, as the Lord hath said, and in the hremnant whom the Lord shall icall.

reincarnation is a satanic concept having to do with what they did to torture eden after she fell.

I won't go into it here.

On 4/12/2020 at 12:50 PM, DennisTate said:

... become a Latter day Saint?

I've been studying near death experience accounts since 1990 and I admit it.... .I may have gotten off into some possible heresies?

For the life of me I cannot rule out the Dr. Ian Stevenson research and I've ran into some statements in the Christian Bible that have me asking what I think may be some valid questions related to this topic?

I believe we can be and that many are; led astray by near death experiences - and that it is possible for evil dark forces to counterfeit any good.  In other words that there is opposition or an opposite to the light and glory of G-d.  The problem I personally have with reincarnation is that it counterfeits the notion that it is through the Atonement of Christ, which is the plan of G-d, that we are saved.  I personally believe that G-d's plan is that we experience a fall (death, which is the fruit of evil) and a resurrection (eternal life, which is the fruit of good).  But that reincarnation is a doctrine of distraction that tempts us to follow a counterfeit path away for a resurrection of eternal everlasting life - which is the singular purpose of the soul.

The Traveler

22 hours ago, Traveler said:

I believe we can be and that many are; led astray by near death experiences - and that it is possible for evil dark forces to counterfeit any good.  In other words that there is opposition or an opposite to the light and glory of G-d.  The problem I personally have with reincarnation is that it counterfeits the notion that it is through the Atonement of Christ, which is the plan of G-d, that we are saved.  I personally believe that G-d's plan is that we experience a fall (death, which is the fruit of evil) and a resurrection (eternal life, which is the fruit of good).  But that reincarnation is a doctrine of distraction that tempts us to follow a counterfeit path away for a resurrection of eternal everlasting life - which is the singular purpose of the soul.

The Traveler

Thank you for replying....  but it seems to me that both John the Baptist as well as Elijah could be met in the afterlife and.....

both of them would credit Messiah Yeshua - Jesus as having paid the price for their salvation.

Little Colton Burpo claims to have met John the Baptist during his brush with death at three years and ten months of age.....

what he reported to his dad, Pastor Todd Burpo when he was four, five, six, seven and eight years of age seems to fit too well with

scriptures that a child could not possibly know about for his message to be pure coincidence or mere imagination.

In my opinion John chapter sixteen verse twenty five is being significantly fulfilled through near death experience accounts IF THEY CONTAIN A TRUE AND VALID

LIFE REVIEW WITH JESUS / YESHUA!

These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father.
Edited by DennisTate
Spelling

8 hours ago, DennisTate said:

Thank you for replying....  but it seems to me that both John the Baptist as well as Elijah could be met in the afterlife and.....

both of them would credit Messiah Yeshua - Jesus as having paid the price for their salvation.

Little Colton Burpo claims to have met John the Baptist during his brush with death at three years and ten months of age.....

what he reported to his dad, Pastor Todd Burpo when he was four, five, six, seven and eight years of age seems to fit too well with

scriptures that a child could not possibly know about for his message to be pure coincidence or mere imagination.

In my opinion John chapter sixteen verse twenty five is being significantly fulfilled through near death experience accounts IF THEY CONTAIN A TRUE AND VALID

LIFE REVIEW WITH JESUS / YESHUA!

These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father.

I wanted to make one reference to counterfeiting.  I did some consulting work for the Federal Reserve Bank and specifically asked about dealing with counterfeit money.  This is one reference of how to avoid being deceived by counterfeits.  What I was told was not to adhere to any specific requirement to discern the genuine from the counterfeit.   Why?  Because those bent on creating counterfeits can easily meet any expected specific requirement.  An example of this kind of thinking was the counterfeits of historical documents by Mark Hoffmann. 

One of the main problems I personally have with near-death-experiences is that they cannot be independently verified.  I say this even though I myself have had a near-death-experience.  It is scripture that G-d will establish his truths in the mouths of two or more witnesses.  But a near-death-experience by its very nature can only be given by the mouth of that one individual that experienced the event.  This is not to say that all n-d-e are all false.  Only that no n-d-e can stand of itself and therefore is not a means to discern, clarify or define any truth but rather a means to validate an already known and existing truth.

The Traveler

• 1 month later...
On 2/24/2021 at 7:15 PM, Traveler said:

I wanted to make one reference to counterfeiting.  I did some consulting work for the Federal Reserve Bank and specifically asked about dealing with counterfeit money.  This is one reference of how to avoid being deceived by counterfeits.  What I was told was not to adhere to any specific requirement to discern the genuine from the counterfeit.   Why?  Because those bent on creating counterfeits can easily meet any expected specific requirement.  An example of this kind of thinking was the counterfeits of historical documents by Mark Hoffmann. 

One of the main problems I personally have with near-death-experiences is that they cannot be independently verified.  I say this even though I myself have had a near-death-experience.  It is scripture that G-d will establish his truths in the mouths of two or more witnesses.  But a near-death-experience by its very nature can only be given by the mouth of that one individual that experienced the event.  This is not to say that all n-d-e are all false.  Only that no n-d-e can stand of itself and therefore is not a means to discern, clarify or define any truth but rather a means to validate an already known and existing truth.

The Traveler

Well said!!!

I could well be wrong but many of the NDE accounts that I have read impress me as being a significant part of the fulfillment of this promise in our time period.  

“These things I have spoken to you in [fn]figurative language; an hour is coming when I will no longer speak to you in [fn]figurative language, but will tell you plainly of the Father. (John 16:25)

On 2/23/2021 at 12:24 PM, Traveler said:

The Traveler

I have to admit that several NDE accounts.......

although impressive on so many levels... .did really leave me scratching my head over some of the aspects of their NDE testimony????????  I eventually came to the conclusion that one very important part of any NDE testimony would be a Life Review.... that was rather obviously with Jesus...... that produced fruits worthy of repentance???????

Here is an example of an NDE that especially impressed me......

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, e v e said:

life review implies life here is what God planned. Any being conducting life review on a deceased is of the satanic realm. 

God doesn’t do life review. 

Thank you for this interesting comment.....

I am wondering what you mean by this?

What about the Life Review of near death experiencer Howard Storm?  Do you think that it was probably done by Messiah Yeshua - Jesus or by Satan?

https://near-death.com/howard-storm-nde/

2. A Rescue from Hell by Jesus Christ

Now I didn’t know if I was even in the world. But I did know that I was here. I was real, all my senses worked too painfully well. I didn’t know how I had arrived here. There was no direction to follow even if I had been physically able to move. The agony that I had suffered during the day was nothing compared to what I was feeling now. I knew then that this was the absolute end of my existence, and it was more horrible than anything I could possibly have imagined.

Then a most unusual thing happened. I heard very clearly, once again in my own voice, something that I had learned in nursery Sunday School. It was the little song, “Jesus loves me, yes I know …” and it kept repeating. I don’t know why, but all of a sudden I wanted to believe that. Not having anything left, I wanted to cling to that thought. And I, inside, screamed, “Jesus, please save me.” That thought was screamed with every ounce of strength and feeling left in me. When I did that, I saw, off in the darkness somewhere, the tiniest little star. Not knowing what it was, I presumed it must be a comet or a meteor, because it was moving rapidly. Then I realized it was coming toward me. It was getting very bright, rapidly. When the light came near, its radiance spilled over me, and I just rose up – not with my effort – I just lifted up. Then I saw – and I saw this very plainly – I saw all my wounds, all my tears, all my brokenness, melt away. And I became whole in this radiance. What I did was to cry uncontrollably. I was crying, not out of sadness, but because I was feeling things that I had never felt before in my life. Another thing happened. Suddenly I knew a whole bunch of things. I knew things … I knew that this light, this radiance, knew me. I don’t know how to explain to you that I knew it knew me, I just did. As a matter of fact, I understood that it knew me better than my mother or father did. The luminous entity that embraced me knew me intimately and began to communicate a tremendous sense of knowledge. I knew that he knew everything about me and I was being unconditionally loved and accepted.

The light conveyed to me that it loved me in a way that I can’t begin to express. It loved me in a way that I had never known that love could possibly be. He was a concentrated field of energy, radiant in splendor indescribable, except to say goodness and love. This was more loving than one can imagine. I knew that this radiant being was powerful. It was making me feel so good all over. I could feel its light on me – like very gentle hands around me. And I could feel it holding me. But it was loving me with overwhelming power. After what I had been through, to be completely known, accepted, and intensely loved by this Being of Light surpassed anything I had known or could have imagined. I began to cry and the tears kept coming and coming. And we, I and this light, went up and out of there.

We started going faster and faster, out of the darkness. Embraced by the light, feeling wonderful and crying, I saw off in the distance something that looked like the picture of a galaxy, except that it was larger and there were more stars than I had seen on Earth. There was a great center of brilliance. In the center there was an enormously bright concentration. Outside the center countless millions of spheres of light were flying about entering and leaving what was a great being-ness at the center. It was off in the distance. Then I … I didn’t say it, I thought it. I said, “Put me back.”

What I meant by telling the light to put me back, was to put me back into the pit. I was so ashamed of who I was, and what I had been all of my life, that all I wanted to do was hide in the darkness. I didn’t want to go toward the light anymore – I did; yet I didn’t. How many times in my life had I denied and scoffed at the reality before me, and how many thousands of times had I used it as a curse. What incredible intellectual arrogance to use the name as an insult. I was afraid to go closer. I was also aware that the incredible intensity of the emanations might disintegrate what I still experienced as my intact physical body. The being who was supporting me, my friend, was aware of my fear and reluctance and shame. For the first time he spoke to my mind in a male voice and told me that if I was uncomfortable we didn’t have to go closer. So we stopped where we were, still countless miles away from the Great being. For the first time, my friend, and I will refer to him in that context hereafter, said to me, “You belong here.”

(Note: Howard believes his friend was Jesus.)

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/18/2021 at 3:26 PM, DennisTate said:

Thank you for this interesting comment.....

I am wondering what you mean by this?

What about the Life Review of near death experiencer Howard Storm?  Do you think that it was probably done by Messiah Yeshua - Jesus or by Satan?

https://near-death.com/howard-storm-nde/

the light is described as an IT. 

no signature…

Edited by e v e

On 5/8/2021 at 2:14 AM, e v e said:

the light is described as an IT. 

no signature…

You could well be correct.......

this is a rather important question that may not be the easiest question that somebody can answer even if they did have a near death experience.  

3 minutes ago, DennisTate said:

You could well be correct.......

this is a rather important question that may not be the easiest question that somebody can answer even if they did have a near death experience.  

when i see something signatureless to me that is a clue. 

i believe dreams can be living dreams from Him… but they are not be jumbled or vague . 

17 minutes ago, e v e said:

when i see something signatureless to me that is a clue. 

i believe dreams can be living dreams from Him… but they are not be jumbled or vague . 

Good point......

but near death experiencers who report meeting directly with Messiah Yeshua - Jesus definitely and clearly explain that He appeared as a man who lived two millennia ago as a Jewish Rabbi who was murdered and then resurrected three days later.  

Near death experiencer Dr. Kevin Zadai reports that Jesus told him that the three days in the heart of the earth were worse than the scourging and the crucifixion and that Jesus got deeply emotional as He explained this to him. 

Edited by DennisTate
spelling

On 5/9/2021 at 11:46 AM, DennisTate said:

Good point......

but near death experiencers who report meeting directly with Messiah Yeshua - Jesus definitely and clearly explain that He appeared as a man who lived two millennia ago as a Jewish Rabbi who was murdered and then resurrected three days later.  

Near death experiencer Dr. Kevin Zadai reports that Jesus told him that the three days in the heart of the earth were worse than the scourging and the crucifixion and that Jesus got deeply emotional as He explained this to him. 

the heart of the earth is destroyed eden in the other world, not this earth, 

Edited by e v e

On 5/12/2021 at 3:39 AM, e v e said:

the heart of the earth is destroyed eden in the other world, not this earth, 

Yes.... the heart of this earth at this time is a truly terrible place but......

The Book of Enoch predicts a time when metaphorical rain... will be poured out

on all the earth....... and even into hell.  

I am of the belief that the long, long term plans of Messiah Yeshua - Jesus even for the extremely lost are very good.....

but none of us should wait until later on to repent and accept the sacrifice of Messiah Yeshua - Jesus / Messiah the

Passover Lamb on our behalf.......

.... because I could not laugh at what Mr. Bill Weise reports about even twenty three minutes in hell is

beyond scary!