How is everybody doing?

Traveler

I work in an essential Industry so no change in work routine or income. 

Biggest change by far is SF Bay Area traffic. My commute of 15 miles is now around 15 minutes whereas it used to be almost an hour. 

For me all else is normal. Except my favorite restaurants are closed except for takeout, which is not my favorite thing to do. 

I refuse to wear a mask or not travel to my country home. SIP is ridiculous IMHO. BtW, I’m a 72 year old diabetic. No fear. 

My wife has sewn some really nice little masks for us all.  This morning I got to wear it as I went out shopping to get supplies.  It appears that there was toilet paper again on the shelves in a pretty good number, but she sent me to get Kleenex this time (she has allergies and has gone through our box...I thought it was the grandkids until she told me).  We were limited to one box though so hopefully it lasts her.

I also got treats for family home evening.  We had treats last night but their parents (one of which is our kid) said that we shouldn't give the grandkids the popsicles my wife had gotten.  They were sugar free and had aspartame which my son and his spouse felt was bad for the kids, even in little doses.  So I got sugary popsicles and am making no bake cookies today after this. 

Got milk as well.  Luckily our area has lots of dairies so there was a ton of milk in the store.  I hear some places are having difficulties getting milk.  Our area seems to be canned beans and such that don't get through as much (at least right now). 

We have 5 jugs of milk in the fridge right now which should (I hope) last us until Friday.  Grandkids drink a LOT of milk.  I like the mornings.  Before the grandkids got here it was always quiet, but now, after they wake up the house is very noisy.  I go to bed before they go to sleep.  I've been sleeping in a little, but I still seem to get up before them.  It's the only quiet time of the day.  I have no idea what time they go to sleep at.

Also picked up 3 cartons of Orange Juice and a bunch of eggs and other groceries.  Had problems with Zoom this morning, so that ended early.  I am wondering at this point whether I am even going to go on my annual research this year or not.  Things are looking grim.  I already moved the time to later in the year so it would be a short trip even then.   I've held off cancelling entirely, but hard to predict where we and the world will be at in a few months time.

Other than that, doing pretty well still.  Allergies are going around and the grandkids having watched the news with me get worried if they have the virus.  They ask the most peculiar questions about it in their concerns.  They have a runny nose, do they have it?  They have a slight headache...do they have it?  They haven't left the house except to play in the field and yard.  The only way they would have gotten anything would have been either through me and their grandmother or their parents.  I expect we would have had it worse than the kids.  I tell them I'm pretty sure it's allergies and turn the filters a little higher in the house (We have electronic filters that supposedly filter out allergens in the air).

I think most of them are pretty healthy right now as the rest of us are.  Hope you guys are all doing well too.

Edited by JohnsonJones

My daughter got CO2 toxicity at work yesterday because the mask she had was blocking too much. She was getting dizzy and then threw up in her mouth and almost blacked out. Once she took the mask off she improved, but she chose to come home early. If you folks are going to wear masks, make sure they allow you to breath or you might have an issue. Honestly, you only really need a mask if you are sick, the only masks that will block Covid-19 are n-95 and N-100 respirators. Bandannas will just make it look like everyone is about to rob a place. 

My life hasn’t changed much. I babysit my 4-year-old grandson. His parents still work full time, so I drive out to Eagle Mountain every morning, M thru F. The commute used to take me 30 to 35 minutes. Now it’s about 22 minutes. One morning it only took me 20 minutes. I shop when I need to. Don’t wear a mask, though I have ordered one. I do have cabin-fever, but I always get this way during the Spring. I want to get out into the outdoors. My husband and I, along with several of my siblings and their spouses, are going on a 4-wheel drive trip through some back-country in Southern Utah next week. I’m really looking forward to that! We checked the county restrictions, and the nonresident county restrictions have been lifted.

My entitled Karen complaints:

*My guitar lessons are currently on hold. (Yes, this older woman is trying to learn guitar.) I want to buy a new guitar and I’m feeling very frustrated because I can’t go into a guitar shop and try different guitars to see what I like best. I’m hoping the nonessential stores will open soon.
*I want to travel!!! I’m feeling deprived. I have flight benefits (retired airline employee), and not being able to travel is so frustrating! Even though I didn’t have any definite travel plans until September,  just knowing I can’t travel overseas is getting me down. Plus, I was hoping for a trip to Hawaii for our 39th anniversary. Doesn’t look like that will happen.
*I miss eating out. My husband and I don’t eat out that often, but on occasion it is a nice treat.
*I love the National Parks! Just knowing they are closed is hard! I want to go to Bryce and Zion. 

Guest LiterateParakeet

Things haven't really changed that much for me.  My husband and I have "essential" jobs so we are both still working.  I homeschooled, and went to school online before all this started, so that hasn't changed.  The only thing that has changed is that I don't have to schlep my sons to a bunch of activities.  I love that!  I'm loving having a little extra quiet time.   My family (I mean my grown kids) are spread over 3 states now, so Covid-19 inspired us to have a weekly Family Zoom meeting (why didn't we think of that before?!)  That is a real treat.  Both my married sons have essential jobs too, so we feel fortunate financially speaking.  

I love home church.  I wouldn't want to do this forever, but for a short term solution, I love it!   I miss going to the temple though.  And I miss just gong to the library or the store or....don't laugh...having my nails done!  Ack!  First world problems, but you should see my nails!  :)