Democrat's plan all along?

Emmanuel Goldstein

That would be...crazy.  Feasible I suppose...but crazy.  He IS old though (as is Sanders had he won) so he could just topple over for any reason...or just be kicked out if his dementia gets bad enough.

I'd say Michelle Obama is a tad more left than her husband in my opinion.  She's probably the smarter of the couple though (once again in my opinion).  Considering Obama is pretty smart, that is saying something.

Though, if she were wise, she would probably turn it down.  She probably has better things than to go grey over the next few years.

Except... the Obamas don't have the same "star power" in the black community that they once had.  So now you lose the advantage from that cross-section plus the Bernie Bros who will definitely pack their bags after getting 2 very establishment people on that ticket with an 8-year-long record of being corporatists and Trump ads will be running non-stop about the Obama/Biden failures and how he "fixed" it.

Bring it on, I guess.

1 minute ago, anatess2 said:

Except... the Obamas don't have the same "star power" in the black community that they once had.  So now you lose the advantage from that cross-section plus the Bernie Bros who will definitely pack their bags after getting 2 very establishment people on that ticket with an 8-year-long record of being corporatists and Trump ads will be running non-stop about the Obama/Biden failures and how he "fixed" it.

Bring it on, I guess.

Oh, I don't think it will work, if that is what they do, but they may think it might work. I think Trump will be re-elected and then I can see Dan Crenshaw running and winning in 2024.

29 minutes ago, Emmanuel Goldstein said:

Oh, I don't think it will work, if that is what they do, but they may think it might work. I think Trump will be re-elected and then I can see Dan Crenshaw running and winning in 2024.

Hah hah.  Nah.  Crenshaw is not gonna win.  His "red flag laws" soured him to a lot of conservatives.  It will be the Silverfox Mike Pence.

Just now, Emmanuel Goldstein said:

Mike Pence is a problem for me. He seems like an empty vessel without a core.

Justify. 

Mike Pence has a long history of accomplishments as governor as well as VPOTUS.  You can disagree with his solutions - conservatives like to take potshots at his Healthy Indiana Plan 2.0 accomplishment, Democrats just like to make fun of his religiousity and get vicious with his pro-life achievements in the White House - but calling him an empty vessel says more about you than about him.

3 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

Justify. 

Mike Pence has a long history of accomplishments as governor as well as VPOTUS.  You can disagree with his solutions - conservatives like to take potshots at his Healthy Indiana Plan 2.0 accomplishment, Democrats just like to make fun of his religiousity and get vicious with his pro-life achievements in the White House - but calling him an empty vessel says more about you than about him.

He just stands there and seems to do nothing. Sorry, I just don't care for him.

4 minutes ago, Emmanuel Goldstein said:

He just stands there and seems to do nothing. Sorry, I just don't care for him.

Hah hah.  Well, that's one way to choose your government... "I don't really know what he does but he just seems to stand there and do nothing.  But this guy here, he talks good and looks good, he must do a lot of things."  Geez wheez lueez. 

Anyway, in case you didn't know - the Covid Task Force is HEADED by Pence.  The Space Force program is also headed by Pence.  Any and all pro-life policies in the current administration is spearheaded by Pence.  Pence is also responsible for staffing most of the Federal government - you'll note a lot of Hoosiers in the Trump Admin like the Surgeon General, HHS Secretary, etc.  And that's just the tip of the finger of what he's been doing the past 4 years.

Edited by anatess2

53 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

Hah hah.  Well, that's one way to choose your government... "I don't really know what he does but he just seems to stand there and do nothing.  But this guy here, he talks good and looks good, he must do a lot of things."  Geez wheez lueez. 

Anyway, in case you didn't know - the Covid Task Force is HEADED by Pence.  The Space Force program is also headed by Pence.  Any and all pro-life policies in the current administration is spearheaded by Pence.  Pence is also responsible for staffing most of the Federal government - you'll note a lot of Hoosiers in the Trump Admin like the Surgeon General, HHS Secretary, etc.  And that's just the tip of the finger of what he's been doing the past 4 years.

So, just because he sits at the head of the table makes him a good leader? Sorry, I don't like him and I think Trump would be wise to drop him as a running mate.

5 minutes ago, Emmanuel Goldstein said:

So, just because he sits at the head of the table makes him a good leader? Sorry, I don't like him and I think Trump would be wise to drop him as a running mate.

There's a BIG difference between saying "I don't agree with what he does" versus "he's an empty suit".

Trump was VERY wise to choose him as VP.  Pence softens Trump's edges and Trump sharpens Pence's too appeasing persona.  They're the perfectly complimentary tandem.  It would be stupid to drop the guy that you won the election with

32 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

There's a BIG difference between saying "I don't agree with what he does" versus "he's an empty suit".

Trump was VERY wise to choose him as VP.  Pence softens Trump's edges and Trump sharpens Pence's too appeasing persona.  They're the perfectly complimentary tandem.  It would be stupid to drop the guy that you won the election with

Nope, don't agree with you. Pence is pointless and needs some fire in his belly. He is a plain nothing burger.

1 hour ago, Emmanuel Goldstein said:

Nope, don't agree with you. Pence is pointless and needs some fire in his belly. He is a plain nothing burger.

Sure.  There are flat earthers too.  You can put facts infront of them they just say, that ain't proving nuthin!

7 hours ago, Emmanuel Goldstein said:

By the way,  while we're on this topic.  Viva Frei dropped a gem with a commentary on this Bill Maher dumpster fire.

4 hours ago, Emmanuel Goldstein said:

This is only a competition on your side. I am merely pointing out my opinion about a bad leader, that is it.

Realizing that our country has become so overly politically charged that one party, to every member, attempted to remove an elected president from office and the other party (minus one overly vengeful official - against the wishes of their electric) blocked the effort.  Within such a hostel and divided political environment - what do you expect a good leader to do?  Lets make a list:

1. With foreign Trade?  That in in desperate trade imbalance. 

2. With unemployment?  That was mostly the result of jobs being lost to oversea competitors:

3. With unlawful immigration?  Fueled by illegal human and drug trafficking - heavily funded and capable of buying politicians to oppose any attempts to enforce the law. 

4. With a global pandemic that was completely off the world's political radar until it was too late?  And the opposing political party that attempted to divide the country over each step taken to slow the pandemic advancement.

And the final question - what would you expect a good leader do in the current political environment - starting today?

The Traveler 

Edited by Traveler

11 hours ago, Traveler said:

Realizing that our country has become so overly politically charged that one party, to every member, attempted to remove an elected president from office and the other party (minus one overly vengeful official - against the wishes of their electric) blocked the effort.  Within such a hostel and divided political environment - what do you expect a good leader to do?  Lets make a list:

1. With foreign Trade?  That in in desperate trade imbalance. 

2. With unemployment?  That was mostly the result of jobs being lost to oversea competitors:

3. With unlawful immigration?  Fueled by illegal human and drug trafficking - heavily funded and capable of buying politicians to oppose any attempts to enforce the law. 

4. With a global pandemic that was completely off the world's political radar until it was too late?  And the opposing political party that attempted to divide the country over each step taken to slow the pandemic advancement.

And the final question - what would you expect a good leader do in the current political environment - starting today?

The Traveler 

I think a big job for a national leader is to inspire the population. This is something I believe Trump does very well, but I don't think Pence does this at all. I love this president, I don't like his vice president.

Edited by Emmanuel Goldstein

• 1 month later...
On 4/21/2020 at 5:23 PM, Emmanuel Goldstein said:

This is only a competition on your side. I am merely pointing out my opinion about a bad leader, that is it.

I've been reading this as patiently as I can and I can't figure out one very important thing.  Everything you've posted can be summarized by the following statement:

"I don't know anything about Mike Pence so he must be an empty suit."  This is similar to saying "My ignorance about him is HIS fault."  How do you think that way?

I'll tell you that I don't know a lot about Mike Pence either.  As a result, I'm not excited by him.  But I recognize that my ignorance, by definition, precludes my credible claim to judge him pro or con. i.e. I don't have to like him.  But I shouldn't dislike him because I don't know much about him.

Now... About racism...

Edited by Carborendum