Could it be that the Western World is already at War with China but does not realize it?(conspiracy theorist)

JohnsonJones

Speculation has been around in the last few weeks that the COVID-19 virus was lab produced.  It came from bats, but that does not mean that it was not manipulated in a lab to try to produce a certain type of result.  (Now, Officially, the WHO states that the virus came from bats and denies any lab involvement).  The Lab was at the epicenter of the outbreak (and an earlier one as well) and with the things coming out about this virus it seems just a wee bit too virulent, troublesome, and destructive enough to be a simple leap from animal to humans.  It's not enough to wipe out the human race, but it is virulent enough to cause chaos.  The WAY it is made seems most specifically enabled to spread more easily among capitalistic nations (such as the US and Europe) who have a streak of independence  where individual rights and individuality do not want to be dictated by from others (such as the US government).

It's not deadly enough to wipe out mankind (as China would not want to be wiped out itself should it just happen to get out of control, but they CAN afford a little loss of population without sweating much at all), but enough to cause a GREAT disruption among Western societies should they let it.

Now, I waver between whether Trump is horrific at handling the crisis, or perhaps he is a genius that realizes just what may be happening (Or, more likely he has advisors that may realize what is happening).  This virus could be seen as the perfect weapon for the Chinese.  It is specifically (at least currently) creates chaos and WEAKENS the ability of Western Society to act.  In our reaction, we are ruining our own economic power and society.  It's just too perfect of a situation for me to think it was an accident.

Now to be clear, the WHO SAYS it was an accident.  Thus, this entire post and topic is basically conspiracy theory (which normally I haven't been a fan of, but this entire situation seems just a tad too perfect for the Chinese.  A natural virus does not seem to me to be able to act this way so perfectly for a specific nation's advantage.  Call me an oldster from the Cold War era of time, being raised during that time period, but my alarms on this are all going off that something about this situation does not seem right.  It's just...as I said...too perfect for the Chinese.  They are currently using our stock crashes to buy our properties and invest more heavily in US and European markets in what appears to be an attempt to wrest more control over our economies even as we speak).

Taking a stance that this is a covert behind the scenes first strike by biological means by China.  It's not overt in it's manner, thus unless one can absolutely prove it to the rest of the world, a military response would be make the US be seen as the Aggressors.  How would we respond to such an act that is designed to take down our influence, economy, and to a degree, the way or social and society works?

This is where the Trump administration is either very lucky, or very smart perhaps.  If they see this as really a Chinese attack, the ONLY way to fight it is to somehow continue to be strong economically.  We cannot let the economy be destroyed to the point that we are bankrupt or falter in our defenses.  The ONLY way to do that is to get people to work, people to buy, people to go to stores, and people to boost the economy.  However, we also have the fear of a LOT of people dying.  People are not just going to buy into this entire thing.  People WANT to save the people NOW (and I have to agree on this point, but in that degree it would appear the Trump administration has failed to a degree).

Furthermore, we have the WHO saying it is something entirely different than my conjecture.  Why would this be.  The conspiracy theorist would say it's because the WHO is being heavily influenced by China (despite getting 15% of their budget, at least, from the US).  Thus, the only thing to do is to cut off the WHO in some way if that were true. 

If I were Trump and the above were true, I'd probably be trying to do the exact same things Trump has been doing.  It would seem disastrous from a human morality viewpoint.  We would be sacrificing a great deal of lives just to fight back and probably lose the next election by doing so.  I don't think he's held the course on doing that because it's a hard road to follow.  However, we would HAVE to convince people that they NEED to continue on their lives as normal.  They CANNOT live in fear of the virus, even if the virus is going to kill upwards of 10 million people.  I'd disavow the WHO  (if they were in line with China).  I'd also run a PR campaign to say China owes repercussions and possibly sanction China for any reason I could think of (also something that is starting in Western governments right now).

The fact that this is exactly what the Trump administration appears to be trying to do (whether successful or not, it seems less successful right now, as I said, probably because we are living in fear) only seems to bolster my thoughts that this conspiracy idea may actually be what is actually occurring out there.

If so, China has fired some shots in a War that almost no one in the West realizes is occurring.  It is happening right under our noses.

The biggest problem is the death toll and lives.  Is Trump and his administration really that smart, or is all of this just as it is suggested...more of a conspiracy theory and the WHO is actually right on the viruses origins (though, as I said, this virus seems just a bit too perfect for their advantage than what I think a normal naturally formed virus would be.  I think they got it from bats...but tweaked it just a little bit for the desired results and released it in a population estimated to be able to take a hit without hurting China but do the most damage to the Western World).

In that degree, I still hold Trump has done very little to help (but if the conspiracy theory is true, you'd want to do the opposite of what the WHO and others suggest, you'd want to do almost exactly what Trump has done, but even more strongly in the directions he's pursued).

How does this point to the US and our religion?  Of course, this is all conspiracy theory, but if we hold that we are still in a war (War in heaven) than we have different influences in this life.  China is officially atheist in it's approach.  It's ultimate master wants the destruction of the freedom of religion...which includes our religion.  Think of what the fear of this virus has done.  It has stopped missionaries from going out among the people to spread the word.  It's stopped the work for the dead in the temples.  It has stopped us from meeting in our wards and congregations (though we can still meet as families, which my family has done with my sons family).  This is perhaps one of the greatest obstacles presented to the Church and it's work in several decades.  If I were the enemy, this is the perfect designed weapon.

I'm not saying we should end our isolation and restrictions, or that the conspiracy theory is right...but it has me thinking.  If even some of this is right, we are in a War for our very way of life currently, and almost no one has realized it.

PS: This is probably why I waffle between whether I think that Trump has actually been absolutely useless overall in this pandemic (and as far as actually stopping it's spread, I think he's done very little) or actually identifying the REAL threat and trying to deal with that as it may be more dangerous than the pandemic we are fighting itself (which of course depends on a LOT of conspiracy theory rather than any facts that are known to the public at this time).

Edited by JohnsonJones

3 hours ago, JohnsonJones said:

Speculation has been around in the last few weeks that the COVID-19 virus was lab produced.  It came from bats, but that does not mean that it was not manipulated in a lab to try to produce a certain type of result.  (Now, Officially, the WHO states that the virus came from bats and denies any lab involvement).  The Lab was at the epicenter of the outbreak (and an earlier one as well) and with the things coming out about this virus it seems just a wee bit too virulent, troublesome, and destructive enough to be a simple leap from animal to humans.  It's not enough to wipe out the human race, but it is virulent enough to cause chaos.  The WAY it is made seems most specifically enabled to spread more easily among capitalistic nations (such as the US and Europe) who have a streak of independence  where individual rights and individuality do not want to be dictated by from others (such as the US government).

I have some problems with your facts and even reasoning.  But they're not worth dragging through right now.  The one biggest flaw in this theory (hold on till the end when I partially agree with you) is that we're now getting more and more complete data on the real numbers.  And the fact is that it seems that it is far LESS deadly than we had originally thought.

The whole reason for shutting things down was that the initial numbers + the deception from Chinese data indicated that this virus had a much greater spread rate than the common flu and it had about a 10 to 50 x greater mortality rate.  That's panic-worthy.

But the latest data we're receiving as we actually have time to administer accurate tests in large quantities indicate that it is not very deadly at all.  The rate the numbers seem to be dropping, it may be that the mortality rate is actually less than the common flu.

So, how do I agree with this conspiracy theory?  Because by giving a false impression about the deadly nature of the flu, the US economy is in ruins.  We have no idea if we'll bounce back or how fast.  Maybe, THAT was the game plan all along.

But that's ... just a theory.  A CONSIPIRACY THEORY!!! (dramatic music/fanfare).

Edited by Carborendum

2 hours ago, mirkwood said:

I think it's an excellent article.

Also, and crucially unlike us, China is preparing for the next type of war. The People’s Republic knows that she cannot beat the US militarily — and she knows that type of ground war is almost over.

Instead, by securing global supply chains, maintaining IT independence, and having a cast-iron grip over her own population, China can focus on building her cyber and biological war capabilities while remaining relatively safeguarded against the same herself. Considering all of this, from steel to nuclear to telecoms, our policy towards China until 2020 can best be described as one of miserably failed economic appeasement. From China’s perspective, she has successfully gifted us a Trojan Horse.

-----------------------------------

Just like with nuclear non-proliferation, there must be newly-developed global consequences for negligence in cyber and bio hazard safety. Post-Covid, we would be wise to build a new global consensus on which punitive measures are suited to states that violate our cyber or biological safety.

And I think the article is point on, we need to act as if we are already in a Cold War with China (if the assumptions are correct).  If they are being aggressors we need to cut chain dependency on them (being able to survive if manufacturing was only done in the US) and reduce our global dependency on them.  We also need to better safeguard our nuclear, telecom, and natural resources.

Dude you've been in a war with China for at least 30 years.  Your government just decided to roll over and play dead.  Now that you actually have someone telling China to shove it, now you think you're at war!  

How does China get a pass over and over and over with the UN while the USA carry the bulk of the burden?  Doesn't matter which war front - massive trade deficits, DPRK big daddy, global wealth redistribution through climate change narratives, Chinese incursion into the Philippine Sea, Chinese proliferation of drug trade in the Philippines, Chinese human rights violations against Hong Kong, Chinese dominance against Taiwan, and now WHO's cover of the Chinese virus.... that is because China was smart enough to know that it is not through military might that they can wage this war - it is by BUYING influence in US, EU, UN and other dominant governments using your biggest asset - your absolute government control of your 1.3 billion population.  No, they don't do it by public Chinese donations to WHO silly.  You can't hold something hostage that way.  You buy influence through things like government allowing your movies to play in Chinese theaters, getting your products made by communist Chinese sweatshops, lining pockets through things like campaign donations or foundation donations to high ranking government positions (hello Bill Clinton), putting politician's sons in Chinese boards...

Let us think about this.  If someone is working on a bio agent - there are two things that are necessary.  First is that you do not want to start spreading the agent without an antidote.   Hopefully we can all see the logic for this.  Second would be that you would want to run some tests.  

So here is a theory - that China is creating a bio agent and during the testing phase - things got a little out of control in China.  Why not let it run it course through the world and test the antidote on the home population.  This would kill (pun intended) two birds with one stone.  The world would have a big problem and it could be contained at home with relatively much less damage to a way over populated nation.

The Traveler

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2020 at 7:46 AM, Emmanuel Goldstein said:

China has been at war with us since the late 40s. China plays the long game and we, in the west, need to realize that China is not our friend and never will be until the Communist regime comes to an end.

Even after that.  China is very xenophobic and always has been.  The idea about using capitalism to open up China more is a good one and perhaps will end up working IMO.  But it's a seemingly long road.

But in the end China will be xenophobic.  That will not change in my lifetime.

But don't worry about China taking over the world.  Culturally, they're incapable of that.