Hydroxychloroquine

Guest Scott

6 hours ago, anatess2 said:

P.S.

Who has the ACTUAL numbers (not estimated) for the non-covid-19 flu deaths of 2019-2020 flu season?  Search strings are failing me on the internet.

Actual numbers, no one knows really at this point.  It would depend on whether many of the early flu deaths were actually Covid-19 (some think it may have gotten to the US FAR earlier than originally thought).

Guest Scott
7 hours ago, anatess2 said:

P.S.

Who has the ACTUAL numbers (not estimated) for the non-covid-19 flu deaths of 2019-2020 flu season?  Search strings are failing me on the internet.

Probably no one.  Flu stats are always estimates or so it seems.   CDC is saying 24,000-62,000 flu deaths for what they consider to be the flu season.

14 hours ago, Scott said:

Probably no one.  Flu stats are always estimates or so it seems.   CDC is saying 24,000-62,000 flu deaths for what they consider to be the flu season.

Someone usually comes up with actual numbers at the end of the season... which is now.

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2020 at 4:01 AM, JohnsonJones said:

There are still other ideas being posted out there.

One that I wonder about is if it may be more harmful than helpful.  When I was very young they had us line up to take a vaccine called the polio vaccine.  It used to be a very harmful disease that affected people.

Some have hypothesized that giving people this vaccine may give a jump to people's immune system and help them fight off Covid as a secondary measure.  Other thoughts have been given towards MMR or other vaccines doing a similar thing.

HOWEVER...this disease (COVID) seems to affect the elderly the most.  In particularly, those of my generation and older.  We all had this polio vaccine (at least I think we mostly did).  What if it's that vaccine that has made us more vulnerable?  Those that never took the vaccine (the young people of today) do not seem to suffer as much.  I'm not sure the polio vaccine is actually going to boost people's immune system as much as some are hypothesizing, but I have heard this theory of giving everyone the polio vaccine again.

Another idea is that there are some other drugs that are already used to fight viruses that may be useful and that need testing. 

All in all, there are other things to test beyond just the hydroxychloroquine.

I had posted this previously, and in light of this, highlighting one item in the quote that I referred to, but did not mention by name.

Gilead Says that remdiesivir data shows promise

"The data shows that remdesivir has a clear-cut, significant positive effect in diminishing the time to recover," Fauci told reporters hours after Gilead said promising data was incoming from NIAID's sweeping trial, which involved 1,063 patients.

--------------------------------

Eight percent of people in the five-day group died while 11 percent in the 10-day group died. But another 10 percent in the longer dosing arm had to discontinue treatment because of serious side effects, and the study lacked a control group.

Gilead said the data also suggests that people who received remdesivir early in their infection seemed to fare better than those that received it later. The study is not a traditional trial with a placebo arm to compare against remdesivir for effectiveness, earning Gilead some criticism from policy experts over sharing the news alongside the NIAID results.

3 hours ago, JohnsonJones said:

I had posted this previously, and in light of this, highlighting one item in the quote that I referred to, but did not mention by name.

Gilead Says that remdiesivir data shows promise

Now, compare Fauci's response to the out-of-patent Hydrochloroquine and the promising results of its many non-traditional trials versus his response to the patented remdiesivir and its one non-traditional trial....

ed6866a1aee2b089e026f32bc152c766664b9c20

On 4/30/2020 at 9:01 AM, anatess2 said:

Now, compare Fauci's response to the out-of-patent Hydrochloroquine and the promising results of its many non-traditional trials versus his response to the patented remdiesivir and its one non-traditional trial....

ed6866a1aee2b089e026f32bc152c766664b9c20

I was just telling my wife the same thing.

It was like the movie Contagion.  This is a startling case of life imitating art.

When I first saw the movie back in 2012, I thought this was unrealistic.  But I later found out that the epidemiologist who wrote the book made the book much more true to life than the movie.  Unfortunately, I haven't read the book.  There were a lot of logical leaps made in the movie that I'm told were cleared up in the book.

But the parallels to what we're seeing today are startling.  Basically,

• A popular vlogger who broke the story in the first place cited an off the shelf drug as the cure.  He was right.
  • The medical establishment decided to tell everyone he was wrong.
  • They falsified tests on him proving his evidence was "only anecdotal."
  • They took the same old drug and tweaked it very slightly to get around patent laws. 
  • Then they patented it again and re-marketed it (including endorsement from the FDA and TPTB) for higher profit.

I am not saying I know that this deception is happening here.  But I wouldn't be surprised to find out that it is so.

Edited by Carborendum

• 2 months later...

So, regarding the study that said HCQ was BAD for COVID patients -- it was retracted.  But I don't know if anyone posted anything about that.  Here it is.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/lancet-retracts-large-study-hydroxychloroquine-n1225091

Apparently the study was highly flawed.

So, a few weeks ago, the UK green-lit a new study.

https://www.tropmedres.ac/news/uk-regulator-gives-green-light-to-clinical-trial-of-hydroxychloroquine-to-prevent-covid-19-in-healthcare-workers

And the US completed a longer term study recently:  Here is their result.

https://www.henryford.com/news/2020/07/hydro-treatment-study

Result: The combination of treatment media reduced death rates from 26% to 18% of those in the study.  That's over 30% reduction in the number of deaths.

I'm certain we'll be hearing about this in the MSM any day now... any ... day...

Edited by Carborendum

15 hours ago, Carborendum said:

So, regarding the study that said HCQ was BAD for COVID patients -- it was retracted.  But I don't know if anyone posted anything about that.  Here it is.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/lancet-retracts-large-study-hydroxychloroquine-n1225091

Apparently the study was highly flawed.

So, a few weeks ago, the UK green-lit a new study.

https://www.tropmedres.ac/news/uk-regulator-gives-green-light-to-clinical-trial-of-hydroxychloroquine-to-prevent-covid-19-in-healthcare-workers

And the US completed a longer term study recently:  Here is their result.

https://www.henryford.com/news/2020/07/hydro-treatment-study

Result: The combination of treatment media reduced death rates from 26% to 18% of those in the study.  That's over 30% reduction in the number of deaths.

I'm certain we'll be hearing about this in the MSM any day now... any ... day...

All the Hydrochloroquine studies at a glance:

https://c19study.com/