quick question re. talks about change

askandanswer

Hi all

Im looking for talks/sermons/lessons about change by apostles or members of the First Presidency to support the Priesthood lesson I'm currently working on. General Conference talks can be searched by 306 topics, but unfortunately "change" is not one of the listed topics, and neither is "transformation", "progression" or "natural man." There are 28 talks on change at speeches.byu.edu but most of them are not by apostles or members of the First Presidency. Does anyone know of any online resources attributable to apostles or members of the First Presidency that talk about change - why it is necessary, how it can be done, blessings resulting from change, divine help in changing, consequences of not changing, etc?     

9 minutes ago, askandanswer said:

Hi all

Im looking for talks/sermons/lessons about change by apostles or members of the First Presidency to support the Priesthood lesson I'm currently working on. General Conference talks can be searched by 306 topics, but unfortunately "change" is not one of the listed topics, and neither is "transformation", "progression" or "natural man." There are 28 talks on change at speeches.byu.edu but most of them are not by apostles or members of the First Presidency. Does anyone know of any online resources attributable to apostles or members of the First Presidency that talk about change - why it is necessary, how it can be done, blessings resulting from change, divine help in changing, consequences of not changing, etc?     

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/search?lang=eng&query=change&facet=general-conference&highlight=true&page=1

5 hours ago, askandanswer said:

Hi all

Look up repentance, and you will discover a lot of talks from apostles regarding a "change of heart" and a "change of mind." :)

Edited by Anddenex

8 hours ago, Anddenex said:

Look up repentance, and you will discover a lot of talks from apostles regarding a "change of heart" and a "change of mind." :)

Excellent point @Anddenex change and repentance really are one in the same. If someone wants to know if they are truly penitent all they have to do is look at what for them has or is changing. For me I have found all too often that I may feel sorrowful enough for my sins when I pray but if I get off my knees and keep doing as I've always done then I'm not really repenting.

18 hours ago, laronius said:

If you haven't tried the Scripture Citation Index app I highly recommend it. It allows you to search most all past talks either by scripture reference or topic. I use it often in learning how general authorities used scriptures in the past.

Thanks for your tip. Ive been using the citation index for a while now but it was only after reading your post and then going back to the index that I realised that it could be searched by topic. 

20 hours ago, Carborendum said:

Thanks Carb, your post taught me how to search the church website according to source. I did not know of this function before but now that I do I will use it more frequently. Your post led me to many valuable resources for my lesson today.