Led along by the nose.

11 hours ago, Carborendum said:

I usually like Branco.  But what does Bill Gates have to do with it?  Did I miss something?

Bill Gates predicted the USA unpreparedness for a pandemic several years ago.  He had a lot of details correct - so he is considered the expert by some in that he predicted the economic impact.  WHO has also been warning about pandemics - mostly being ignored. 

The Traveler

11 hours ago, Traveler said:

Bill Gates predicted the USA unpreparedness for a pandemic several years ago.  He had a lot of details correct - so he is considered the expert by some in that he predicted the economic impact.  WHO has also been warning about pandemics - mostly being ignored. 

The Traveler

Bill Gates also has donated heavily to WHO and he owns a medical company that hopes to produce the first Coronavirus Vaccine and make tens of Billions of dollars. He has a huge stake in globalism being successful.

Guest Godless
23 hours ago, Emmanuel Goldstein said:

Bill Gates also has donated heavily to WHO and he owns a medical company that hopes to produce the first Coronavirus Vaccine and make tens of Billions of dollars. He has a huge stake in globalism being successful.

Sooo, a capitalist doing capitalist things? Seems weird to me that conservatives would be up in arms about that.

On 5/3/2020 at 11:01 AM, Godless said:

Sooo, a capitalist doing capitalist things? Seems weird to me that conservatives would be up in arms about that.

That's not capitalist.  This is the problem with Bernie Bros - they keep on assigning non-capitalist endeavors to capitalism and then attacking them.

Guest MormonGator
On 5/3/2020 at 11:01 AM, Godless said:

You have to remember that there some on the right have embraced the whacky conspiracy movement with open arms. It's heartbreaking to see my side go off the deep end like this. 

"There is no conspiracy theory in the Book of Mormon –it is a conspiracy fact."  Ezra Taft Benson.

You would do well to study Secret Combinations in the Book of Mormon and while doing so ask yourself why Mormon included that information in the most correct book on earth.

Guest Godless
5 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

That's not capitalist.  This is the problem with Bernie Bros - they keep on assigning non-capitalist endeavors to capitalism and then attacking them.

What would you call it, then?

23 minutes ago, Godless said:

What would you call it, then?

Corporatist.

Capitalism is the free exchange of goods and services for a price.  True Capitalism is unregulated - free choice in competition self-regulates the system.  A regulatory body is an addition to Capitalism (and not capitalism itself) to "even the playing field" and keep everybody honest.  These regulatory bodies are almost always state run or in the case of the subject of this thread - a global governing body.  Corporatists skew capitalist enterprises to their favor by staking influence or control in this regulatory body that exerts control over capitalist endeavors.