DHS: China Hoarded Medical Supplies

Ironhold

https://apnews.com/bf685dcf52125be54e030834ab7062a8?utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=AP

The Department of Homeland Security is saying that China deliberately downplayed their response to COVID-19 so that they could hoard medical supplies. 

Given the severity of the charge, I'd say China has some explaining to do.

On 5/3/2020 at 5:32 PM, Ironhold said:

From the article.

Not classified but marked “for official use only,” the DHS analysis states that

"FOUO" IS a type of classification of documents which require their use to have some restrictions.

That said, I need to point out something from the perspective of someone who has no love for the Chinese government: What did they do wrong? 

The leaders of the country were taking measures to look out for their own people above the needs of people in other countries.  Is that not what national leaders are supposed to be doing?

The Chinese government is deeply corrupt. It cares nothing for the blood of its own people, nor (needless to say) that of anyone else. Thus, the Chinese make a convenient whipping boy for US politicians who want to dodge responsibility.

Edited by Vort

On 5/6/2020 at 12:06 AM, Vort said:

The Chinese government is deeply corrupt. It cares nothing for the blood of its own people, nor (needless to say) that of anyone else. Thus, the Chinese make a convenient whipping boy for US politicians who want to dodge responsibility.

War will be the only resort when this is all over. Time to take them out, permanently. 

Guest MormonGator
17 minutes ago, Emmanuel Goldstein said:

War will be the only resort when this is all over. Time to take them out, permanently. 

Do you have any idea how many innocent lives will be lost if we entered into a war with China? Which, by the way, will never happen. 

Edited by MormonGator

21 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

Do you have any idea how many innocent lives will be lost if we entered into a war with China? Which, by the way, will never happen. 

I am very aware. I am not in favor of it, but neither of us has any control over the inevitability of a war either. I am simply saying that this is going to be the end result and the only thing we can do is boost our food storage and spiritual preparedness. 

35 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

The idea of a war between any nuclear armed nations is too horrifying to consider. God willing, and I mean that as a sincere prayer, it will never happen as the death toll would be nightmarish.

Guest MormonGator
14 minutes ago, Emmanuel Goldstein said:

but neither of us has any control over the inevitability of a war either

Oh yes we do. War is never inevitable. 

2 minutes ago, Midwest LDS said:

it will never happen as the death toll would be nightmarish.

Unprecedented. It would quite literally be an "end of the world" scenario. I pray it never happens. 

2 hours ago, Midwest LDS said:

The idea of a war between any nuclear armed nations is too horrifying to consider. God willing, and I mean that as a sincere prayer, it will never happen as the death toll would be nightmarish.

War has already been waged between nuclear powered nations.  They just saw the futility of actually using those nuclear arms in a war.  So, conventional means continue.

Edited by Carborendum

38 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

War has already been waged between nuclear powered nations.  They just saw the futility of actually using those nuclear arms in a war.  So, conventional means continue.

That's true (I assume you mean Pakistan and India). But there hasn't been a major conflict yet. The fighting was bad enough as it was I don't mean to downplay it. But neither Pakistan nor India was trying to completely defeat the other. No armies were marching towards Islamabad or New Delhi the fighting was all on the border. But it's still taking a risk. All it takes is one side making the wrong kind of mistake or having the wrong kind of arrogant leader in charge who thinks he's got a plan that's sure to work and mushrooms clouds could easily start appearing. Therefore I prefer no active conflict between nuclear armed foes (I know you aren't arguing for conflict either I'm just clarifying my point.)

Edited by Midwest LDS