The Slow Return to "Normal"

On 5/15/2020 at 11:50 AM, Carborendum said:

I'm really not opposed to that. I'm serious if you are.  We actually have a pretty nice place for you to put the tiny home if you want it. 

I'll have to contact an electrician to get power out there.  The plumbing can be routed from a sprinkler line.  No septic.  Too far from the tank.  You'll have to come up with something.

Not only that.  But we'll have a much smaller population in our 6-bd home as soon as they start allowing missionaries again.  And it will keep shrinking from there onward.

Okay well now you have me thinking.

From the Department of Education's website in my part of the world:

ACT public school students will start moving back to the classroom from May 18 as part of a staggered return to face-to-face learning. Students in preschool, kindergarten, Year 1, 2, 7, 11 and 12 will be the first to return to school. Students in all year levels are set to be back learning in the classroom by June 2.

I believe our lock down and social distancing measures have been not all that different from the US but we've only had 98 deaths in Australia so far and 7,045 cases and no one is disputing the reliability or accuracy of those figures. 

17 hours ago, askandanswer said:

From the Department of Education's website in my part of the world:

ACT public school students will start moving back to the classroom from May 18 as part of a staggered return to face-to-face learning. Students in preschool, kindergarten, Year 1, 2, 7, 11 and 12 will be the first to return to school. Students in all year levels are set to be back learning in the classroom by June 2.

I believe our lock down and social distancing measures have been not all that different from the US but we've only had 98 deaths in Australia so far and 7,045 cases and no one is disputing the reliability or accuracy of those figures. 

Facts:  The entire country of Australia with 3 million square miles only has 1/4 the population of the Philippines with 116,000 square miles.

Sydney, the most populous city in Australia has 2/3 the population of New York City with 15 times the area.

On 5/15/2020 at 4:47 PM, pam said:

I have a brother and a cousin that have to share on facebook every new thing they get.   My brother posted a picture of his new camping trailer.  My cousin immediately had to respond that they just bought a bigger one.  The thing with my cousin...4 years ago they were in so much debt they didn't know how they would get ahead.  Then my uncle died and left her more money than she even knew he had.  Plus a house and so much more.  So now she acts like she is one of the wealthy ones.

That's too bad. Wealth only magnifies weaknesses.

1 minute ago, anatess2 said:

I was getting a gray ombre so I gave in and had my hair done... now I feel human again instead of a frightened cat.

I was seriously considering purchasing a wig online.  :)   

• pam unfeatured this topic