Kol Yehuda 01 What Next Israel

DennisTate

Although I am technically not yet a Latter day Saint I am seeing that the LDS have a massive head start over any other large Christian church that I can think of when it comes to them being basically prepared to take some serious steps toward the fulfillment of Ezekiel 37:

"Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel his companions:   And join them one to another into one stick; and they shall become one in thine hand." (Ezekiel 37:16,17)

For one thing Latter day Saints tend to take near death experience accounts very seriously and over this past year near death experiencer Rabbi Alon Anava has made my personally taking serious steps toward Israel much more possible.

4 subscribers

WHAT NEXT ISRAEL?    What actually ARE the next steps that need to be taken for the Restoration of ALL of Israel?  A review of the relevant scriptural sources are used to frame the discussion of 'next steps.'   What IS the process of Restoration going to look like?  Will there be a "2nd Exodus?" Will it be millions of people or only a remnant?  How should WE orient our efforts?

Edited by DennisTate
grammar

The basic concept of Latter day Saints taking several steps toward fulfilling Ezekiel chapter thirty seven could be turned into reality films about specific LDS families beginning to make Aliyah to Israel but it would be great if a documentary would be done on this?

Do you know of any LDS documentaries that may have been done related to this already?

One possible option that would be especially practical in a city where there is both a large number of Latter day Saints as

well as a large population of Rabbinic Jews would be meeting in the local LDS ward on Saturdays... with a possible title of

"Latter day Saint Noahide Movement" or something along that line and you actually invite Jewish Rabbi's in to lead many of

those meetings.  One meeting with the famous Rabbi Alon Anava might just get a million hits on Youtube and the result could be

beyond interesting!

Although I am no expert I have at least been thinking about this type of thing for forty seven of my sixty years and I am beyond

merely impressed with the wonderful and encouraging response on this forum to:

Another suggestion would be for Israeli cities and towns to study The Worgl Austria Local Money experiment, especially as it was applied by 

over one thousand USA towns and cities during the Great Depression and..........

many Israeli towns and cities could create a town or city alternative currency unit..... (possibly digital through a database).......

A Volunteerism Hour would be one valid variation on this rather like has been done by Ithaca, New York...... and then armed with

that digital currency of some sort that Israeli town or city would be able to make it possible for anybody that they wanted to assist to visit Israel to

live and work there, (or volunteer there)..... in such a way that the cost of living in Israel would either be drastically reduced if not totally eliminated.  

By the time that many of us Canadians turn sixty five, (four years from now in my case)..... We would then theoretically be able to live in Israel..... on our Canadian seniors benefits.......

supplemented by the reduction in costs through organized volunteerism in some form.... and this whole thing could in theory be win - win - win - win - win both for that Israeli town or city as well as for many Canadians or Americans who for some reason would be able to be of service to Israelis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ithaca_Hours

The Ithaca HOUR is a local currency used in Ithaca, New York and is the oldest and largest local currency system in the United States that is still operating.[1] It has inspired other similar systems in Madison, Wisconsin; Corvallis, Oregon;[2] and a proposed system in the Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania.[3] One Ithaca HOUR is valued at US$10 and is generally recommended to be used as payment for one hour's work, although the rate is negotiable.  

As I am sure all of you can guess I am hoping that Mr. Hanoch Young may be able to take this idea to some Israeli towns or cities and actually do something with this that could potentially make Latter day Saints tourism to Israel much less expensive than has been the case in the past?

http://www.whatcomwatch.org/php/WW_open.php?id=717

City in Austria Printed Local Currency 

Worgl, like many other European towns and cities, was hit hard by the Great Depression. There was mass unemployment; four of the five local factories had closed, and the people were starving in the streets. Nobody had any money to buy anything. One of the features of an economic depression is that there is not enough money in circulation to ensure that people can meet their basic needs, and in the 1930s, the shortage of currency in many countries of the world became catastrophic.

The mayor of Worgl, together with local businessmen, decided to try to break this economic impasse by creating their own local currency. They printed and issued 60,000 Austrian shillings worth of local currency. These shillings could only be spent in Worgl, so they remained in the local community and were exchanged over and over again. 

The positive impact was immediate and surprising to everyone. In only six weeks, unemployment disappeared, all the factories had reopened and everyone had food. For the inhabitants of Worgl, the economic depression was gone. This dramatic transformation became known as the "miracle of Worgl." Surrounding towns, inspired by the success of Worgl, immediately started printing their own local currencies. 

Sadly, the miracle did not last long. When the Austrian Central Bank heard about Worgl's local currency, they initiated legal proceedings against the mayor and local businessmen. According to Austrian banking law, it was illegal for anyone except the Austrian Central Bank to issue money. The bank won the court case, and the mayor was ordered to shut down the local currency, which he did, under threat of imprisonment. The town then returned to the devastating economic depression of the 1930s, with all the human pain and suffering associated with this catastrophe. Factories closed, and once again, the people starved. 

Alternative Currency in the U.S. 

Irving Fisher, an American professor of economics at Yale University, visited Worgl before the local currency was suppressed and witnessed the "miracle" firsthand. When he returned to the United States, Fisher spread the word by traveling and lecturing across the country, advocating the use of the Worgl "scrip" everywhere. Inspired by his vision, hundreds of communities began issuing their own currency, and by 1934 there were over 1,000 local communities using "scrip" throughout the U.S. 

Every one of these communities experienced a tremendous rejuvenation of their local economies. 
They thrived while others suffered. Fisher then met with President Franklin D. Roosevelt, proposing the implementation of government-sanctioned local "scrip" in every community in America. When FDR consulted with his top financial advisors and bankers, however, he was advised to shut all the "scrip" systems down, which he did. Instead, he borrowed large amounts of money from bankers, at interest, and used it to pay for the Reconstruction Finance Corporation and the other work-creation projects, which collectively came to be known as the "New Deal."  So ended the last widespread use of a local currency within the U.S.

Edited by DennisTate
grammar

Very interesting indeed!

https://www.united2restore.com/

•  

In his commentary on the Parsha (the weekly Torah portion), Rav (Rabbi) Nachman Kahana, recently came to some startling conclusions. His article (for Parshat Ki Taizai) was entitled, “Gathering the Ten Lost Tribes from faraway lands.” The entire article is fascinating and well worth your time, you can read it....

Full article is here:

https://www.united2restore.com/2017/09/18/who-will-populate-the-land-of-israel-in-the-future/

But, Rav Nachman Kahana is the first prominent Rabbi to publicly come out and say that those lost tribes would come from those totally “distant” from their heritage; does that sound like someone you might know? Does it not fit perfectly with so many non-Jews coming to… or perhaps returning to, the Torah? Rav Nachman even quotes the verse from Yechezkel (Ezekiel) 11:17 – “This is what the Lord says: I will gather you from the nations and and bring you back from the countries where you have been scattered, and I will give you back the land of Israel again.” Perhaps he is using words and phrases you might not have chosen, but he is still saying the same things we have been saying. He even quotes from the Malbim (famed Biblical commentator of the 19th Century) who, in explaining the verse above from Yechezkel, wrote: “ In the future, HaShem will gather the Ten Tribes from faraway lands, those that did not return at the time of the second Temple, and I will give them the land of Israel.”

But, it is at the very end of this article that Rav Nachman drops an even bigger paradigm shattering observation. He wrote: “If your brother Jew is far from you (in the spiritual sense) to the extent that you can no longer recognize any Jewish features in his life. Bring him into your home (Eretz Yisrael) until his heart is opened and he begins to seek out his Jewish roots. Then be prepared to return him to those roots.” Until now, the conventional wisdom has been that the returning Tribes (their descendants, to be exact) would be Jewish people – and readily recognizable as such. With the same beliefs as the rest of the Jewish people in the world. But now we have a prominent Rabbinic personality saying, no, they will no longer be recognizable to us – just as the Prophet Hoshea (Hosea) said they wouldn’t be (1:9). It’s another illustration of of the story of Yosef (Joseph), playing out yet again. The brothers don’t recognize him – he doesn’t act like they do, he doesn’t sound like they do and he doesn’t even look like they do. But, they’re still brothers!

Edited by DennisTate
add full link.... and a quotation...

• 5 weeks later...

I just made a comment on a video by Rabbi Alon Anava that I think could play a significant role in setting up Latter day Saints to cooperate with Israeli Jews on Tikkun Olam at a whole new level:

This is the most powerful lecture on THANKFULNESS - GRATEFULNESS that I have ever heard in my sixty one years. Do a search for the name Dr. Joseph Ahrens. I feel that he has been raised up for this critical time in history and his ideas will play a huge role in Tikkun Olam and I feel setting the stage for Israeli Jews to set an example of experiencing very, very low levels of inflammation after operations.

"The difference between Ebola and influenza is that inflammatory response" (Dr. Joseph Ahrens after the 5:50 mark in this video:

"An Interview with 2015 Nobel Prize Nominee Dr Joe Ahrens"