Societal Fabric

Carborendum

8 hours ago, NeuroTypical said:

"With" vs. "From".

Colorado was reporting "Deaths with COVID" until two weeks ago, when they started reporting both those numbers, and "Deaths from COVID".  You can see where I modified my chart to see the difference.

image.png.f3aa5626f4a7cc05ee15827ec2fa675b.png

Yeah.  But the CDC is ignoring the From number.... so.... 

A little late, but I don't think people realize what they are saying when they say every death is written down as Covid-19.  Most people spouting this I do not think realize just how many people die in the US in general (or are born to replace those numbers of deaths).

That would equal several million deaths as Covid.  Covid-19, while deadly and dangerous, has not even been listed as the #1 cause of death in the US for the past several months.

That would actually be Heart Disease.  They have around an estimated 216,000 deaths from heart disease from February to May.  That is still the #1 cause of Death.

Cancer has had almost 200,000 deaths (or more around an estimated 196,000 deaths).

Covid-19 has only had around an estimated 103,000 deaths, which is FAR more serious than almost any other contagious disease, but still is only around half of what Cancer or Heart Disease hae caused.

Deaths caused by accidents (Such as cars and such) are around 12,000 for comparison.

Cerebrovascular are around 50,0000.

Death's are still being recorded and used by those keeping these statistics.  Not every death (and not even 1/3 of them) are being recorded as Covid-19.  As I said, I'm not certain where this idea came from, but if it was actually correct, we'd have a LOT more Covid-19 deaths as being recorded or confirmed.  In New York alone (the highest recorded # of Covid-19 deaths currently) we'd have a LOT more deaths recorded.

I think many people would try to use this information to downgrade what they perceive as a threat from Covid-19 (heck, just people trying to use a false dialogue that every death is recorded as Covid-19 shows how ridiculous the ideas going around are, those saying this do not realize the scope of how many deaths normally happen in the US day to day in the first place, much less the measures taken in recording the data NOR how aggressive the Trump administration is against any inflation of any numbers thus far and in fact their efforts to show less numbers.  A physician risks his license if he purposefully records something other than what was the true cause of death in his medical opinion (primary or secondary) and it is off of those certificates that most states are getting their numbers (aka...not Florida currently from what I understand, but everyone else).

Just the sheer number of deaths in general compared to the numbers recorded from Covid-19 should tell people that not every death is being recorded as such.  I think it's not being used to show how ridiculous the statement is though, because those who are already trying to downplay the seriousness of the disease would try to use it to imply this idea even more.

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF THINGS...though not confirmed by the research yet...

A medical doctor in Italy has said that they think a less virulent strain is now beginning to be the major strain for the disease.   If this holds true, it means that Italy's stay at home orders and quarantine's have worked efficiently and how they should (another thing most American's do not understand in regards to possibilities of the disease).

They are not sure yet, but if this turns out, it is because of how virus's like this work.  If a lethal virus that kills it's patients cannot spread as quickly, as it kills those quicker than those of less virulent strains, the less virulent strains eventually are the ones that remain while the more lethal strains die off.  This means as time goes on, the disease remains, but it is less deadly. 

If this can be repeated in other nations it can show by keeping people from each other the more deadly strain killed off those while being unable to infect others, while those that are less deadly but had people as asymptomatic remained are now the prevalent strains in nations which successfully kept it at bay.

It could also be that this is happening in the US, but at a slower pace as we didn't take as extreme measures as some other nations did in preventing the lethal strains from spreading as easily.  If this turns out to be true, it could be more like the common cold in the next few years (no need to even have a vaccine) which, while it still can be deadly to older individuals and those with compromised immune systems, are not quite as deadly as the Covid-19 initially was.

PS: Looking at the site my daughter uses (it actually is not the CDC, it's another site based off state released information) the updated # of COvid Deaths look to be around 105,000, BUT, that is for up to May 31st.  This isn't relative to the other number of deaths I posted above, as they were a snapshot from earlier this week, so I'm not updating the numbers above, but thought for full disclosure of how many Covid deaths there are, I should put the final number I had for it in the US).

Edited by JohnsonJones

4 hours ago, JohnsonJones said:

A little late, but I don't think people realize what they are saying when they say every death is written down as Covid-19.  Most people spouting this I do not think realize just how many people die in the US in general (or are born to replace those numbers of deaths).

I don't think YOU realize nobody is saying EVERY DEATH is written down as Covid-19.  What Dr. Brix is saying is that people who die who tested positive of Covid-19 or have Covid-19 symptoms are written down as Covid-19 fatality even if the cause of death was a brick to the head therefore inflating the rate of Covid-19 case fatality rate vs. recoveries.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2020 at 9:23 AM, anatess2 said:

I don't think YOU realize nobody is saying EVERY DEATH is written down as Covid-19.  What Dr. Brix is saying is that people who die who tested positive of Covid-19 or have Covid-19 symptoms are written down as Covid-19 fatality even if the cause of death was a brick to the head therefore inflating the rate of Covid-19 case fatality rate vs. recoveries.

But you see, a brick to the head need not have been fatal had it not been for the damage COVID had already done to the victim's body.

I'm going brush off my prognosticator's robe and go down the doom and gloom road again.

IF THESE SHADOWS REMAIN UNALTERED BY THE FUTURE, THIS NATION WILL DIE.

If anyone sees an end to this, then let me know.  Otherwise, it is only a question of what nation we will have after this one dies.

Men's courses will foreshadow certain ends, to which, if persevered in, they must lead.  But if the courses be departed from, the ends will change. 

Show me that we are not the nation we see on the news. 
Show me that this trial is what will will awaken the nation to our awful state.
Show me we're not past hope.
Show me we can arise anew.
Show me that the common man will learn the lessons of the past, present, and future, all in one combined.
Show me that we will honor God, Country, and Family.
Show me that Faith in Christ will rise from this.
Show me that we will learn to kneel only for the King of Kings and no other, that He may heal this land.

Edited by Carborendum

18 hours ago, Carborendum said:

I'm going brush off my prognosticator's robe and go down the doom and gloom road again.

IF THESE SHADOWS REMAIN UNALTERED BY THE FUTURE, THIS NATION WILL DIE.

Baked into the cake.  The US bought into the false idea that you can have a nation with different cultures without strife and conflict.  Notice I said cultures.  Culture isn't about food or sports, it's about what is the highest value system.  The old US culture is one which at its heart values Christianity, life, liberty and property.  Importing a hodgepodge of other cultures (who's value systems are different) and then not ensuring the assimilate properly into the country leads to a deeply divided nation.

Because of the Civil War, we have this silly notion in the US that we must remain a single entity; whereas the truth is that across the swath and eons of time, nations that have a significant percentage of their population who is NOT part of the dominant culture-well those countries split up, break up, have internal civil wars, etc.  

So yes, this nation will devolve; too many different cultures inside it all vying for power and control to make laws that reflect their culture. Most European countries have had their borders changed dramatically in the last 100 years, I'd wager the US borders will change very dramatically in the next 100.  Large countries like Russia or China will stay large because while their are minority ethnicity and cultures in their borders, they are at least 75% (probably closer to 90%) one ethnicity and one culture. The biggest reason why multiple cultures in a single country cannot last is because they can't pass the stress test.

When there is plenty, peace and prosperity-everyone generally gets along. In times of high stress (without assimilation), people revert back to their base value system-i.e. culture.  In times of high stress, it becomes impossible for a single individual to understand how another individual of a different culture/background is going to react.  If everyone (or most everyone) is the same culture, there is an instinctive assumption of how people will act during high stress.  So in high stress systemic situations (pandemics, wars, etc.) individual stress is augmented even more because predicting the other cultures responses becomes impossible.

This will all happen once the US dollar is trashed; you ain't seen nothing yet.  Once the US dollar crashes, it's game on.

Edited by BobMaster

Brethren and sisters, let me say in closing that we have it of record, that the prophet Joseph Smith said the time would come when, through secret organizations taking the law into their own hands, not being governed by law or by due process of law, but becoming a law unto themselves, when, by those disintegrating activities, the Constitution of the United States would be so torn and rent asunder, and life and property and peace and security would be held of so little value, that the Constitution would, as it were, hang by a thread.

Sounds familiar.

But he never said, so far as I have heard, that that thread would be cut. I believe, with Elder Richards, that this Constitution will be preserved, but it will be preserved very largely in consequence of what the Lord has revealed and what this people, through listening to the Lord and being obedient, will help to bring about, to stabilize and give permanency and effect to the Constitution itself. That also is our mission. That also is what we are here for. I glory in it. I praise God with all my heart and soul that I am a member of it.

Both quotes were from Charles Nibley., Oct 1923 Conference.

Edited by Carborendum