Laugh or cry? Shake your head or just bang it?

Vort

Guest MormonGator

“I’m still going to listen to satanic metal, and I still love Deicide and bands like that,” Carroll told the Chronicle. “As far as for my personal life and my experience of what I went through, I don’t think Satan’s quite as cool as I used to.”

It's a good thing, it means he's (hopefully) on the right track. At least he's one step further away from dark side. 

1 hour ago, MormonGator said:

You'd be surprised how many Christians are in heavy metal bands. 

And how many non-religious heavy metal bands sing about Christianity.  The Catholic Church especially the days of the crusades are chock full of heavy metal material.

2 hours ago, MormonGator said:

“I’m still going to listen to satanic metal, and I still love Deicide and bands like that,” Carroll told the Chronicle.

FTR, "Deicide" means "killing God".

Guest MormonGator
8 minutes ago, Vort said:

FTR, "Deicide" means "killing God".

Oh. Thanks. Didn't know that. 

😉

Edited by MormonGator

Guest MormonGator
1 minute ago, Vort said:

I'll bet a lot of people don't. I think it's perfectly relevant in context.

I'll bet more people do than you give them credit for. 

Would you rather him say he praises and thanks Satan for helping him go through this? 

2 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

I'll bet more people do than you give them credit for.

Really? So how many people need to be ignorant of the meaning of "deicide" before it qualifies as "a lot"?

3 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

Would you rather him say he praises and thanks Satan for helping him go through this?

Perhaps you can enlighten me how this pertains to the discussion, because I don't see any relevance.

1 hour ago, anatess2 said:

And how many non-religious heavy metal bands sing about Christianity.  The Catholic Church especially the days of the crusades are chock full of heavy metal material.

There are heavy metal bands who did Christmas albums. 

Just look up Manowar's rendition of "Stille Nacht"... and remember that they're a band most famous for their Viking war anthems. 

edit - bear in mind that their album covers frequently feature naked women fawning over buff warrior guys, so be warned. 

Edited by Ironhold

Guest MormonGator
8 minutes ago, Ironhold said:

Alice Cooper isn't heavy metal (though I'm a big fan of his). He grew up a Bickertonite and I know he's a professing Christian today. I know he's done Christmas songs. 

Guest Godless
16 hours ago, anatess2 said:

I actually thought Hammerfall was a Christian band when I first started listening to them (they're not).

Guest Godless

And while it's not metal, prominent atheist band Bad Religion did a very good Christmas album a few years ago under the premise that you don't need to be a Christian to enjoy Christian music and pageantry.

17 hours ago, Ironhold said:

Just look up Manowar's rendition of "Stille Nacht"... and remember that they're a band most famous for their Viking war anthems. 

edit - bear in mind that their album covers frequently feature naked women fawning over buff warrior guys, so be warned. 

Powerwulf plays a lot on our speakers.  The iGen seem to be on a knight's templar phase or something - probably from playing Assassin's Creed.