Hi @devinegirl34!  Welcome to forum and (more importantly) growing closer to Christ!  Here's some resources to help you out learning more about Christ's Gospel:

Chat with some missionaries: https://www.comeuntochrist.org/requests/missionary-visit  Options are video service, phone, etc.  Unfortunately, in-person is rather limited right now with COVID.

A good basic beliefs website: https://www.comeuntochrist.org/beliefs

And of course scriptures themselves: https://scriptures.churchofjesuschrist.org  There's also audio / video / whatever format you'd like available.

Let us know if you have any questions about anything!

15 hours ago, devinegirl34 said:

I want to convert to mormonism

I'm afraid you can't.  There's no such thing anymore. ;)

how do i become a member of the LDS church

Oh, that.  Well, there are two answers to that.

1) If you're asking about the mechanical procedure of how to: become a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

• One takes lessons from the missionaries for a time. 
  • Be interviewed by people who are authorized by God as his representatives to see if you are ready to make such a commitment. 
  • Be baptized and confirmed. 

Once you're baptized, confirmed, and paperwork is all done.  You're officially a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  And we have you now!  Bwuh-ha-ha-ha!!! (Proven to be stress relieving maniacal laughter).  Just kidding.  We're not evil (At least, that's what the government WANTS you to think.)

2) To be redeemed of God, and be numbers among His sheep at the last day, one must do the following:

• Receive a testimony that Jesus is the Christ, the Savior and Redeemer of the world.
  • Repent of your sins.
  • Mourn with those that mourn
  • Comfort those that stand in need of comfort
  • Stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places that ye may be in, even until death
  • Do these things as part of a covenant with the Lord under the authority of God given to his representatives on the earth. (See #1 above.  But do it for real, not just going through the motions.)
  • Receive the Holy Ghost.
  • Obey His commandments
  • Endure to the end. (Keep repenting throughout our lives).

Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

-- John 3:5

5 And now, if the Lamb of God, he being holy, should have need to be baptized by water, to fulfil all righteousness, O then, how much more need have we, being unholy, to be baptized, yea, even by water!

6 And now, I would ask of you, my beloved brethren, wherein the Lamb of God did fulfil all righteousness in being baptized by water?

7 Know ye not that he was holy? But notwithstanding he being holy, he showeth unto the children of men that, according to the flesh he humbleth himself before the Father, and witnesseth unto the Father that he would be obedient unto him in keeping his commandments.

17 Wherefore, do the things which I have told you I have seen that your Lord and your Redeemer should do; for, for this cause have they been shown unto me, that ye might know the gate by which ye should enter. For the gate by which ye should enter is repentance and baptism by water; and then cometh a remission of your sins by fire and by the Holy Ghost.

18 And then are ye in this strait and narrow path which leads to eternal life; yea, ye have entered in by the gate; ye have done according to the commandments of the Father and the Son; and ye have received the Holy Ghost, which witnesses of the Father and the Son, unto the fulfilling of the promise which he hath made, that if ye entered in by the way ye should receive.

-- 2 Ne 31:5-7, 17-18

Edited by Carborendum

12 hours ago, devinegirl34 said:

I want to convert to mormonism how do i become a member of the LDS church

You can contact either the missionaries in your area or a Church leader (normally there is a Bishop assigned to your area who presides over what we call a ward or congregation).

You can look up their contact information online, though at this time most of our churches are closed so it may be harder to contact them then it usually is.

Once contacted, if you already know that you want to join and know the basics of the church, they will ask if you wish to be baptized and join the church.  If you wish that, then you will have a short interview to verify that you know what you are getting into and understand the basic beliefs and the promises you are making between you and the Lord.  After that, they will schedule a baptism where you will be baptized and the confirm you a member of the church.

If you do not yet know all the basics, a set of missionaries generally teach a series of lessons which help teach people about the gospel as taught in our Church.

Good Luck and Welcome!

The most important step towards becoming a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is to have a spiritual experience that confirms to you the truthfulness of its teachings. This spiritual experience can come in many ways, and is often different for many people but there are some common elements and there are usually several intermediate steps to take before a person can have such a spiritual experience. Often, the first step in the process is having a desire to know the truth. This desire to know the truth then motivates you to begin seeking for it. It seems like you already have a desire to know the truth and have begun seeking for it, as evidenced by your post.

The next step usually involves learning about the truth. This is where the missionaries come in. Through the lessons they teach, a person begins to learn about God’s truth. Reading the scriptures serves the same purpose – they contain true teachings, and by reading them, a person begins to develop a better understanding of God’s truth. It is often the case that during this learning process, while participating in the missionary lessons, and reading the scriptures, that a person might first start to have new feelings and thoughts and experiences that they have not had before. These thoughts and feelings might include a sense of peace, a feeling of “rightness”, ie a feeling that what you are hearing and learning is right and true, a desire to learn more, a general uplift in your sense of well-being, an increase in hope and optimism, and confidence and trust that what you are hearing and learning is good. You might even be feeling a small amount of these feelings now as you read this. These feelings are a sign to you that what you are learning and doing is good and true.

These good feelings are an early indication to you that what you are hearing is true, but on their own, they are not enough, they are only a beginning. Ideally, these feelings will be a sign to you that you are on the right track, and they will motivate you to continue to stay on this track and to learn more and to accept and act on the commitments and promises that the missionaries ask you to make. As you keep and act on the commitments the missionaries ask you to make, you will feel these feelings more strongly. If you don’t keep and act on the commitments the missionaries ask you to make, these feelings will begin to fade, and you may start to doubt what you have been hearing and learning.

As these feelings begin to grow, and as your knowledge and understanding of God’s truth continues to grow through your scripture reading, personal prayer, your lessons with the missionaries and your keeping the commitments you have made, you will need to make a decision. That decision is whether you should believe and accept and act on the feelings and truths you have learned and to show your acceptance and continued willingness to live according to the truths you have learned by being baptized as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and change your life so that you are living in accordance with God’s truth, or whether you should just ignore and forget about what you have learned and felt turn away from it and go on with living your life as you have always done. Many people end up choosing to live their life as they have always done. They decide that it is too hard to become a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, and that they do not want to make all the changes in their life that are involved in becoming a member of the church. They might think it is too hard and that too much is being asked of them. They might be concerned about how others – parents, friends, significant others – might react to them becoming a member of the church. Or people they are close to, who have not felt these good feelings or have a good understanding of the truths that you have been taught might be critical of the church and its teachings and try to change your mind. Yes, there are many who, for many reasons, begin the journey with the missionaries, and begin to understand the truth and have these good feelings, but who fail to take the final step and turn away from the truth they have been taught, and continue to live their lives as though nothing had happened. However, for those who do decide to continue with the journey, the next step is essential. The next step involves having a spiritual experience confirming to you that what you have been learning is indeed God’s truth.  

The nature of this spiritual experience, and exactly how it happens, varies widely, and many people have experienced it in many different ways. How it will happen for you, I don’t know, but this much I can say for sure – when it happens for you, you will know it and you will be changed by it. For many people, what actually happens, and what they feel, is a more intense, more powerful, more clear experience of the good feelings they have been feeling during the missionary lessons and during their scripture readings, personal prayers and their thinking about the truths they have been taught. For some people it is a moment of great peace, when the Spirit takes away any remaining doubts they may have and replaces those doubts with a confirmation that what they have been hearing is indeed the truth. Uncertainty, hesitancy, doubt and fear are replaced by peace, assurance, comfort and certainty and a greater willingness to trust in God and do His will. Questions and doubts are no longer important as they are replaced by a clear, and sometimes overwhelming conviction that what you have been hearing is true and that you need to show your acceptance of this truth and commitment to it by changing your life and being baptized. For some people, its like a 1,000 watt light bulb going off in their head and in their heart, and everything becomes clear. For other people, it might feel like a sense of coming home. However it happens for you, and however it might feel, it is likely to involve an end to doubt, great clarity as to what you should do, and a sure confirmation that what you have learned is true and is of God. When you have this spiritual experience, and know for sure that what you have been learning is true, and when you are willing to make and keep all of the commitments that will be asked of you, then you are ready to be baptized. And as @Carborendum  has said in his post, once you are baptized and confirmed, then you will be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

I testify that this is God’s one and only true church on Earth, and that if you truly seek him humbly and in faith, with all your hear, He will hear and answer your prayers, and you will then come to know for yourself that this is His church. As you act on this knowledge, you will experience greater joy than you have ever felt before and you will become a light and an example to those around you. I encourage you to take the first steps and do as @Jane_DoeJane doe has recommended – contact the missionaries and start to read the Book of Mormon, and see for yourself if God will be true to His word. And look within yourself for the beginnings of those feelings I have described.

I look forward to hearing how you go and I hope you will let us know from time to time. For a really detailed discussion of one person’s learning journey, I encourage you to read on this forum the thread entitled “missionaries” by @Grunt 

Edited by askandanswer

• 5 weeks later...