Good COVID News On CNN

Carborendum

https://www.cnn.com/videos/health/2020/05/22/fauci-vaccine-trial-neutralizing-antibodies-coronavirus-town-hall-sot-vpx.cnn/video/playlists/coronavirus/

Fauci is "cautiously optimistic" for a very good reason regarding the latest vaccine trials.

Edited by Carborendum

Yay!  Got my fingers crossed.  Here in Colorado, maybe 2-3% of the population has had the virus.  Herd immunity shows up when 2/3rds of the population has antibodies, either from catching the virus, or having the vaccine.  If the vaccine doesn't show up, it'll take years for herd immunity.  

Me and my wife, both with complicating conditions that up the chances of death.  We don't wanna spend years trying to not catch this thing.  We want an effective vaccine, so we can stop wearing masks and going through a hand wash routine and limiting social contact and all that. 

On 5/22/2020 at 9:57 AM, Carborendum said:

I'm sure that the recent studies that show Covid-19 to be even less deadly than they thought, .3% mortality, helps their positive vibes.

Edited by Emmanuel Goldstein

On 5/22/2020 at 10:20 AM, NeuroTypical said:

Yay!  Got my fingers crossed.  Here in Colorado, maybe 2-3% of the population has had the virus.  Herd immunity shows up when 2/3rds of the population has antibodies, either from catching the virus, or having the vaccine.  If the vaccine doesn't show up, it'll take years for herd immunity.  

Me and my wife, both with complicating conditions that up the chances of death.  We don't wanna spend years trying to not catch this thing.  We want an effective vaccine, so we can stop wearing masks and going through a hand wash routine and limiting social contact and all that. 

People like you and your wife should be first in line once the Covid does have a vaccine. Hope you are well.