Faked Protests

Carborendum

Announcement from Mayor of St. Paul, Minnesota.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=vNrHsXmSSGg&feature=emb_logo

Everyone who was arrested from the protests were from out-of-state.  That's right.  NONE of the protesters were locals (at  least of those who were arrested).

These people were being hired to protest.  I wonder who that could be behind it.  Oh, I really don't know... maybe...

548867292_download(5).jpg.639c8f162c4aa8f6a830ea5938fde779.jpg

Edited by Carborendum

Guest MormonGator

Once again, this shows how much the right and left have in common. The right thinks the big, scary Soros is behind every left leaning organization. And the left thinks those evil Koch brothers are behind every right wing organization. 

No, Soros isn't secretly paying anyone. Try again.  

Guest MormonGator

My best friend lives about ten blocks from the riots in Minnesota. This is a conversation we had about a few minutes ago. 

101790974_1113272819028286_433273105364811776_n.jpg

And oh yeah, he's as far to the right as you can get, he's just not a conspiracy guy. 

Edited by MormonGator

It seems like we hear this a lot—mayors (who are, after all, politicians) saying “these are despicable human beings doing this, and I’m sure that godless rabble doesn’t include any of you worthy voters.”

But realistically, the idea that a) someone’s going to pay someone else to cross state lines and commit a petty property crime; b) that said offer would include enough of a payout to cover lawyer’s fees, court costs, fines, lost income from incarceration, and the ongoing stigma of a criminal conviction; and c) that someone else would actually take that deal—

—All to seems like a stretch to me.  Rent-a-crowds?  Sure.  Rent-a-mobs?  Mmmmm . . . color me skeptical. 

Edited by Just_A_Guy

Guest MormonGator
2 minutes ago, Just_A_Guy said:

Mmmmm . . . color me skeptical. 

I always thought that a healthy dose of skepticism was crucial to conservatism. After all, they are, correctly, skeptical of government, and skeptical of social change to some degree.

Sadly though, that skepticism goes out the window when it comes to believing in conspiracies . It's just more sad than anything else. 

It appears that the mayor issued a correction due to incorrect initial information he'd been given.  It wasn't "all" of the arrested.  It was about 80% of them.  As an initial estimate, close enough.  But I accept the correction.

And the Democrat governor agrees with the mayor. But...

...Walz ordered a full mobilization of the Minnesota National Guard to combat what he called a “tightly controlled” group of outside agitators, some of them from out of state, who have turned city streets into scenes of looting and arson.

Gov. Tim Walz went so far as to say that up to 80% of those arrested in connection with rioting came from out of state. But reports from St. Paul police and Hennepin County jail logs suggested the opposite.

https://www.startribune.com/walz-minn-officials-call-on-people-to-follow-curfew/570892512/

If both the Democratic Mayor and the Democratic Governor are saying the same thing.  But the police records say the opposite, what's going on?  (The article didn't actually say what "opposite" meant.  But I'm going to believe that it was 80% in-state and 20% out-of-state).

There is a LOT more in that article that I can't just keep quoting for volume.  But there is no question that outside groups are involved in most of the violence.

As far as I can interpret from all the information coming in, it seems that many from within the state are hoping to have peaceful protests.  But there are out-of-state organizations that are indeed agitating.  And those agitators are pushing just the right buttons to bring along many in-staters to the criminal behavior as well.

Other topics in the article:

• Possible white supremacist involvement (some saying this is a red herring).
  • Following social media indicates anti-government from both the left and the right were independently pushing these riots into violent behavior.

Bill Barr spoke on the matter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp3jY7rT-X4&feature=emb_logo

Apparently, the outside agitators was a real deal.  While Barr specifically states that "most" of these agitators were "far left."  The only questions seem to be 

• Just how many were from out-of-state?
  • Who (both individual and group) were they?

Denver is on 3rd day of riots, Mayor is imposing curfew that started 30 min ago.

Colorado Springs (30 mi away from me) had something happen at their police operations center.  No curfew, but tear gas.

And I hear Salt Lake City has a cop car overturned and on fire.  

Guest Godless
36 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

Another update. 

83294967_947391762371482_5196611803378876416_n.jpg

The Cities issued an 8PM curfew and warned that the National Guard was going to be out to enforce it. I support the cause, but this was expected tonight. They were warned.

The more video evidence pops up, the more clear it is that there are white troublemakers escalating peaceful protests, often with black locals begging them to stop. As for whether the agitators were local or not, I've seen so many "reports" and theories that it's making my head spin. Including, but not limited to:

The white protesters are white supremacists. 

The white protestors are antifa anarchists.

They're showing up as local because they gave false addresses.

Many of the out-of-town white agitators escaped arrest by quickly fleeing immediately after committing acts of vandalism, leaving peaceful local protestors to take the heat/arrests. A few of the videos I've seen seem to support this.

Authorities will have a lot to sort out when this is all over. I'm trying my best not to jump to any unfounded conclusions.

Guest MormonGator
8 minutes ago, Godless said:

The Cities issued an 8PM curfew and warned that the National Guard was going to be out to enforce it. I support the cause, but this was expected tonight. They were warned.

The more video evidence pops up, the more clear it is that there are white troublemakers escalating peaceful protests, often with black locals begging them to stop. As for whether the agitators were local or not, I've seen so many "reports" and theories that it's making my head spin. Including, but not limited to:

The white protesters are white supremacists. 

The white protestors are antifa anarchists.

They're showing up as local because they gave false addresses.

Many of the out-of-town white agitators escaped arrest by quickly fleeing immediately after committing acts of vandalism, leaving peaceful local protestors to take the heat/arrests. A few of the videos I've seen seem to support this.

Authorities will have a lot to sort out when this is all over. I'm trying my best not to jump to any unfounded conclusions.

Stay safe bud, I know you are up there too. 

Guest Godless
9 minutes ago, Vort said:

Which cause is that? The cause of putting criminals in jail?

The cause of raging against systemic racism, without causing unnecessary destruction. I'm not against violent protesters getting arrested, black or white.

2 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

Stay safe bud, I know you are up there too. 

Thanks. Things have been quiet in my corner of the state. A few peaceful protests earlier, but no violence or property damage. As far as I'm aware, it's been quiet tonight so far. We're under curfew as well.

Guest Scott

The mayor of St. Paul, Minnesota, said Saturday night that earlier statements that all the protesters who were arrested Friday were from out-of-state were not correct:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/minnesota-officials-say-most-people-who-acted-violently-at-protests-are-not-state-residents/

Edited by Scott

Guest Godless
2 hours ago, Vort said:

Or is systemic racism a separate, rage-worthy category?

Yes, the right of black and other racial minorities to live without fear of racial violence, discrimination, and profiling is more important to me than most other issues. Institutional racism is the oldest problem in our nation, and it's a burden that is carried by millions of Americans every day. I'm sorry that that's more important to me than your right to own a hunk of metal (which I support, btw, just not as loudly). You have your pet issues and I have mine.

Edited by Godless

1 hour ago, Godless said:

I'm sorry that that's more important to me than your right to own a hunk of metal (which I support, btw, just not as loudly).

To tell the truth, I'm not really much of a gun guy. But I do deplore the wholesale murder of unborn babies. I assume that protesting the horror of elective abortion is rage-worthy in your book, too. So you clearly would support the storming of the streets and disruption of all normal daily activity until such a time as such things are made illegal. Right?

Edited by Vort

Guest LiterateParakeet
9 hours ago, MormonGator said:

Yes, that is what Forbes is reporting now as well:  "Mayor says he was incoreect in saying every person arrested in Minneapolis protests was from out of state"

https://www.forbes.com/sites/sergeiklebnikov/2020/05/30/mayor-says-he-was-incorrect-in-saying-every-person-arrested-in-minneapolis-protests-was-from-out-of-state/?fbclid=IwAR3uhS0WeybW9uZQgkVMHLd9dKV4q_kKsHH1m2budwp9oPKlzer6tS8jarc#62cc921e233c

Guest LiterateParakeet
8 hours ago, Godless said:

I saw several reports about this tonight as well.  

5 hours ago, Godless said:

Institutional racism is the oldest problem in our nation, .....

I believe this is false. 

Freedom from an oppressive government is the oldest problem in our nation as it was the very foundation of our nation. 

Whether you agree or not, your point is valid that racism has been an issue since long before the founding of the nation. Even in Christ’s time there was extreme tension between the Samaritans and the Jews. It can certainly be traced back biblically into the Old Testament.

In modern times, how long has the tension between Muslim countries and the Jews been brewing? 

My point is that racism has been an issue that far exceeds the issues of our own government. Racism, at its base level, is a moral and spiritual issue. Despite all the laws to the contrary, institutional racism will exist as long as it exists in the hearts of the people. 

That being said, I don’t believe this issue will or even can be solved through legislation. Despite decades of protests and centuries of legislation, here we are with more protests and probably more legislation as a result. And it certainly won’t be the end of it. 

Rather, the atonement of Jesus Christ is THE solution as it changes the hearts and minds of the people who will then change the institution. 

11 hours ago, MormonGator said:

No, Soros isn't secretly paying anyone. Try again.  

Perhaps. Do you have access to his bank records? 

I’m not someone who is blaming Soros or even stating there is some deep conspiracy afoot here. But such a blanket statement offers no more proof than the conspiracy theory that was presented. 

Perhaps we (all of us) shouldn’t be so quick to dismiss the opinions of others that don’t fit the narratives we want to see? Maybe this was your point in trying to show the left and right are the opposite sides of the same coin? 

It appears that the mayor issued a correction due to incorrect initial information he'd been given.  It wasn't "all" of the arrested.  It was about 80% of them.  As an initial estimate, close enough.  But I accept the correction.

And the Democrat governor agrees with the mayor. But...

...Walz ordered a full mobilization of the Minnesota National Guard to combat what he called a “tightly controlled” group of outside agitators, some of them from out of state, who have turned city streets into scenes of looting and arson.

Gov. Tim Walz went so far as to say that up to 80% of those arrested in connection with rioting came from out of state. But reports from St. Paul police and Hennepin County jail logs suggested the opposite.

https://www.startribune.com/walz-minn-officials-call-on-people-to-follow-curfew/570892512/

If both the Democratic Mayor and the Democratic Governor are saying the same thing.  But the police records say the opposite, what's going on?  (The article didn't actually say what "opposite" meant.  But I'm going to believe that it was 80% in-state and 20% out-of-state).

There is a LOT more in that article that I can't just keep quoting for volume.  But there is no question that outside groups are involved in most of the violence.

As far as I can interpret from all the information coming in, it seems that many from within the state are hoping to have peaceful protests.  But there are out-of-state organizations that are indeed agitating.  And those agitators are pushing just the right buttons to bring along many in-staters to the criminal behavior as well.

Other topics in the article:

• Possible white supremacist involvement (some saying this is a red herring).
  • Following social media indicates anti-government from both the left and the right were independently pushing these riots into violent behavior.

Bill Barr spoke on the matter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp3jY7rT-X4&feature=emb_logo

Apparently, the outside agitators was a real deal.  While Barr specifically states that "most" of these agitators were "far left."  The only questions seem to be 

• Just how many were from out-of-state?
  • Who (both individual and group) were they?

• pam featured this topic
  • pam unfeatured this topic