This Is The Right Place?

Lightbearer

Hello! It is good to see many who have made the trek to this new message board...After 4 months journeying in "the wilderness" of contention, I am hopeful this will be the "promised land" of LDS message boards. I have had some lively discussions on the previous board and may return from time to time if I feel the need to bash with critics...but as Dr. Peterson has said maybe this board will offer more hope to do some good, rather than just waisting my time "contending with men of corrupt minds who do not desire to know the truth." Although I am glad to see some of my favorites over here: the Doctor, Daniel Peterson, Blue Bell, and others.

A little about myself for those who do not know me. I am a TBM (True Blue Mormon). I was born of goodly parents who were converts to the Church. I was baptized when I was 8 years old by my father, and I have what I consider to be a strong testimony of the restoration of the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. I served a fulltime Mission in Toronto Canada from 1979-1981. I am happily married (5 years) and my wife is also LDS and we were married in the Orlando Florida Temple. I have a three year old son. I love the Gospel and my current calling in my Ward is teaching the Gospel Essentials Sunday School Class. I have been an Elders Quorum President, EQ Councilor, Ward Clerk, Ward Mission Leader, Primary teacher, Gospel Doctrine Sunday School Class Teacher, Single and YSA chairman and reps (before I was married) and am now a Ward Missionary in addition to the Investigator Class teacher. I attended Seminary and I probably am the first or only person to get the equivalent of a Post graduate degree in Institute! I was finally asked to leave when I got too old for the class (over 30), but I enjoyed the 10 plus years I attended. I am hoping that this board will be a rewarding experience for good and look forward to continuing the fellowship with those from the former board and to meeting new people here and discussing the beauties of the fullness of the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Hello! It is good to see many who have made the trek to this new message board...After 4 months journeying in "the wilderness" of contention, I am hopeful this will be the "promised land" of LDS message boards. I have had some lively discussions on the previous board and may return from time to time if I feel the need to bash with critics...but as Dr. Peterson has said maybe this board will offer more hope to do some good, rather than just waisting my time "contending with men of corrupt minds who do not desire to know the truth." Although I am glad to see some of my favorites over here: the Doctor, Daniel Peterson, Blue Bell, and others.

A little about myself for those who do not know me. I am a TBM (True Blue Mormon). I was born of goodly parents who were converts to the Church. I was baptized when I was 8 years old by my father, and I have what I consider to be a strong testimony of the restoration of the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. I served a fulltime Mission in Toronto Canada from 1979-1981. I am happily married (5 years) and my wife is also LDS and we were married in the Orlando Florida Temple. I have a three year old son. I love the Gospel and my current calling in my Ward is teaching the Gospel Essentials Sunday School Class. I have been an Elders Quorum President, EQ Councilor, Ward Clerk, Ward Mission Leader, Primary teacher, Gospel Doctrine Sunday School Class Teacher, Single and YSA chairman and reps (before I was married) and am now a Ward Missionary in addition to the Investigator Class teacher. I attended Seminary and I probably am the first or only person to get the equivalent of a Post graduate degree in Institute! I was finally asked to leave when I got too old for the class (over 30), but I enjoyed the 10 plus years I attended. I am hoping that this board will be a rewarding experience for good and look forward to continuing the fellowship with those from the former board and to meeting new people here and discussing the beauties of the fullness of the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ.

We are hoping we can keep any contention off our board. We want to address the tough questions without the distractions. Feel free to start a topic on what interests you most.

QourumPrez