A bunch of memes I just made!

person0

One thing that bothers me about this entire BLM, it is, by default, racist against anyone who is not in the category some label Black.

They say it is not to say other lives do not matter, but that we should also realize that Black Lives Matter. 

Okay...I can buy that...BUT...

Those same blacks are some of the greatest perpetuators of racism against Hispanics and Asians.  In fact, the lie that there is such a thing as Asian privilege is something they are trying to spread.  Asians were more recently placed into imprisonment as a group (Japanese internment camps) than slavery was an institution.  Asians more recently were barred from interracial marriage OR owning property in several states than other minorities.  Asians are allowed to be discriminated against in job and schools (and it has actually occurred in school admissions, as it is NOT against the Law) today (unlike any other group out there).

When they say Black Lives matter, it's NOT that I disagree with that, as I think they and their lives and rights DO matter, but it is the purposeful exclusion of the rest of the minorities out there.  Why is it not MINORITIES MATTER!?

Because, to the BLM movement, they DON'T matter from what I've seen.  They do NOTHING to stop the inherent racism against Hispanics in the rest of the nation.  Hispanics are stopped as much if not more by police in other areas where they are the dominant minority.  Hispanics are questioned regularly if they are American enough, even if they are born in the US and are US citizens.  Hispanics who are US citizens are told to go home to Mexico or other places quite often, and have many stereotypes placed upon them.  There are a huge amount of Hispanics in the Western states in prisons, higher in percentage than many others. 

Yet...they are also ignored by BLM.  Black Lives matter.  Yes...I agree.  Yes...I get it.  But, when the BLM movement ignores other minorities, and in some instances PERPETUATES MORE racism towards them then even the "white privileged class" they claim to be asking to be less oppressive...I get a very bad sense of distaste in my mouth.

I've personally seen the BLM movement harass other minority groups.  If I've seen it, it can't be that uncommon. 

If they wanted more compassion from many, it would not just be Black Lives matter, it would, at a minimum, be MINORITIES Matter, or Minority Lives Matter...not just Black ones. 

I think the issue of rights is an important one, and I think minorities in many instances are being less able to have freedom in the US than others, but I see a problem has arisen in regards to HOW we express minorities should gain their rights.

In the middle of the 20th century we had two opposing views on civil rights.  We had that of Martin Luther King whom I think was a great man in many of his ideas.  His was not just one race, or one minority, but ALL men, children of one Lord, walking together hand in hand, equal in opportunity.  It was not just a Black thing, but one for yellow, and brown, and red, and black, no matter WHAT your skin color was.  It was one where all men were equal...and ALL minorities were fought for to have that equality.

The other was Malcom X and his ideology where one minority was superior, the Black Race.  Their's was achieved through means of intimidation and violence, and other minorities were seen as inferior.

I think BLM is a manifestation of the latter's ideology today.  In the race for equality, unfortunately all other minorities were forgotten and instead, the ideology of intimidation and violence replaced it.  In the long decades, it appears to me that Malcom X's original ideology won the war between peaceful equality by Martin Luther, and Black supremacy by the groups that hated him and pushed a harsher view of what they wanted to accomplish.

I was and still am an ascriber of the former (Martin Luther King Jr's ideology) and think that too many times we discard or ignore the plight of those who are considered a minority in the US (and that includes Black Lives.  They DO matter, and I think we should be concerned about their treatment in the US today).  However, I don't see his vision being implemented or even tried to be followed by many of the BLM currently.

I WISH it was Minorities Matter.  I have NOT seen much of the BLM pushing that, even though in many areas OTHER minorities are actually FAR more harshly treated than ANY of their Black participants that they hold so dear.  The truth is that yes, even a minority can be racist against others, and many in the BLM movement from what I've seen are VERY racist against those who are not Black, and ESPECIALLY against other minorities who they do not realize have similar, if not worse, problems than any of those under the umbrella of BLM.

Edited by JohnsonJones

@Godless,

My memes are meant as comedy/parody.  Yours don't seem to have comic intent.  Am I missing something?

Aside from that, is your first meme in reference to BLM?  If so, the core of their movement is not that racism = bad; they want reparations in various forms and are hiding behind the guise of racism = bad.  Almost everything they have asked for would be an inappropriate response to past or current racism.

I'm really confused by your second meme.  Institutionalized racism is 100% fact and needs to be eliminated.  A prime form of this is found in Affirmative Action laws.

Riots have nothing to do with racism.  BLM is only focused on racism against blacks, not everyone.  True racism in this country exists, but is rare; most often, events/actions are merely interpreted as racist and people are being taught to do so.  As terrible as what happened to George Floyd was, it was entirely due to improper action by police officers who have been arrested and should be punished properly; I haven't seen one iota of evidence to suggest any form of racism was involved.

Edited by person0

Guest Godless

@JohnsonJones You said a lot of true things in your post, and I've seen those concerns raised elsewhere. The response I typically see boils down to a widely-held belief that black people in America are on the bottom of the minority totem pole. Black people were slaves in this country. Jim Cow affected many minorities, but was aimed specifically at black people. Same with redlining. There's a perception among many in the black community that other minorities consider themselves superior to blacks. Whether or not those perceptions have merit is a tricky question, and probably varies by location. In San Antonio, for example, I'd say it's pretty accurate. It might be different in a place like Utah or Iowa, where blacks and other minorities are more or less equally outnumbered by whites. 

Regardless, saying that black lives matter isn't saying that other minority lives don't, much like saying "save the wetlands" isn't a dismissal of other vulnerable ecosystems. Black people are the only group in America that couldn't trace their heritage until very recently with the rise of DNA-based online ancestry databases. And black people have understandable reservations about giving their DNA to strangers. See the link below for some insight into the medical community's history with black people.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2017/10/25/556673640/scientists-work-to-overcome-legacy-of-tuskegee-study-henrietta-lacks

Then there's the violence against their communities, the Tulsa massacre of 1921, the day in 1985 when police literally dropped a bomb into a Philadelphia neighborhood, countless lynchings ignored and/or endorsed by law enforcement. And the innumerable instances of police brutality and excessive use of force against black people. Again, not saying that it doesn't happen to other races, but the black community has a particularly bloody history with law enforcement. I think an argument can be made that black people, in general, experience more instances of discrimination and violence, and with greater intensity, than other minorities. Exceptions will always exist, and ALL racism is bad. And I'd venture to say that if we can make progress in how we treat the black community, other racial minorities will benefit as well.

1 hour ago, person0 said:

@Godless,

My memes are meant as comedy/parody.  Yours don't seem to have comic intent.  Am I missing something?

I don't think jokes about the current situation are particularly funny. That was actually my main point.

Aside from that, is your first meme in reference to BLM?  If so, the core of their movement is not that racism = bad; they want reparations in various forms and are hiding behind the guise of racism = bad.  Almost everything they have asked for would be an inappropriate response to past or current racism.

If you think this is all about reparations, then you haven't been listening. Reparations for past grievances won't mean much if grievances keep piling up. I'd urge you to take the time to read and hear the things that black activists are saying. They have a lot of reform ideas that I would hope anyone who is not a blatant racist can get behind. I won't detail them here because I want you to hear it from them. I want you to put in the work that I have been trying to and listen with an open mind. Some of what they say might make you uncomfortable. Don't let that deter you. White comfort has resulted in decades of white indifference. That was a significant part of Dr. King's message, that white complacency is part of the problem. 

I'm really confused by your second meme.  Institutionalized racism is 100% fact and needs to be eliminated.  A prime form of this is found in Affirmative Action laws.

My impression about the backlash against Affirmative Action is that it is largely based on white resentment over having to work harder to prove their merits. If you think that's bad, try being black in pre-Affirmative Action America. I'm not saying it's a perfect system or that it can't be tweaked into a true meritocracy, but it's better than what it replaced.

Riots have nothing to do with racism.  BLM is only focused on racism against blacks, not everyone. 

As I said above, if you can reduce racism against blacks, everyone benefits.

True racism in this country exists, but is rare; most often, events/actions are merely interpreted as racist and people are being taught to do so.  As terrible as what happened to George Floyd was, it was entirely due to improper action by police officers who have been arrested and should be punished properly; I haven't seen one iota of evidence to suggest any form of racism was involved.

Then you haven't been paying attention to how black people are treated when arrested versus white people. The sad truth is that George Floyd's death would have been far more shocking if he had been white, because you just don't see cops treating white people like that. Again, in general. Please don't bother trying to find one or two exceptions so you can make an "ah-HA!" anecdotal argument. Exceptions don't disprove patterns.

Guest MormonGator
27 minutes ago, Godless said:

I don't think jokes about the current situation are particularly funny. That was actually my main point.

Actually, using humor to demonstrate the absurdity of the situation is perhaps the best tool out there.  In fact, I go a step further. If/when someone says "Hey, don't joke about that." That's almost always a sign that you NEED to joke about that.

You know how I feel about this issue. I'm with you completely, for the record. 

Edited by MormonGator

2 minutes ago, Godless said:

Then you haven't been paying attention to how black people are treated when arrested versus white people. . . Please don't bother trying to find one or two exceptions so you can make an "ah-HA!" anecdotal argument. Exceptions don't disprove patterns.

What exceptions?  Out of the 1004 people killed in 2019 by police officers, less than 250 were black and only 9 of those black men were unarmed.  Does that make it okay?  It depends on the circumstance.  General racism toward black men by police officers is a blatantly false perception, it is not reality, and statistics do not support it.  Anecdotal evidence is the only thing supporting the idea of generalized racism towards the black community.

6 minutes ago, Godless said:

It is hard to reduce something that is already so minuscule.  The perception of racism is what is pervasive, because people are taught to perceive it.

8 minutes ago, Godless said:

My impression about the backlash against Affirmative Action is that it is largely based on white resentment over having to work harder to prove their merits.

Asian Americans are the most negatively impacted group by Affirmative Action.  Aside from that, your statement has no bearing on the fact that it is a systemically racist policy and it demeans minorities and literally ingrains into law the racist belief that they are too stupid to make it on their own and so we must dumb things down to give them a leg up.  Yeah, I call bull.

13 minutes ago, Godless said:

If you think this is all about reparations, then you haven't been listening.

Qualified Immunity is bad law, but has nothing to do with racism.  It is an inherent negative impact to the civil liberties of anyone who interacts with the police.

15 minutes ago, Godless said:

I don't think jokes about the current situation are particularly funny.

Okay; agree to disagree on that one.

Protesters are fine and in their right, but rioters and looters are evil and don't care at all about what happened.  George Floyd was not a victim of racism, and to suggest he was takes away from the real problems, like under-trained, under-accountable and overly-pompous police officers.  The lack of quality police officers is exacerbated by the fact that mass publication of inaccurate perceptions of racism is turning quality candidates away.  People are rightfully afraid of losing everything over the false perception of racism.

Guest MormonGator
2 minutes ago, person0 said:

Okay; agree to disagree on that one.

In fairness to @Godless, I am 100% assuring you that there are topics you don't think we should joke around about. So it's more an issue of "what side you are on". 

Edited by MormonGator

11 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

In fairness to @Godless, I am 100% assuring you that there are topics you don't think we should joke around about. So it's more an issue of "where side you are on". 

I agree, but let it be noted, that while I was mostly one-sided in my humor, I did make fun of the other side in the memes with the old man and the white guy trying to decide which button to push.  Those where two of my favorites, honestly, haha.

Edited by person0

Guest MormonGator
Just now, person0 said:

I agree, but let it be noted, that while I was mostly one-sided in my humor, I did make fun of the other side in the meme with the old man.  That one was one of my favorites, honestly, haha.

Oh I understand fully my friend. 

I'd like to add a quote from the greatest comic book ever written. 

Unknown.jpeg

1 hour ago, Godless said:

@JohnsonJones You said a lot of true things in your post, and I've seen those concerns raised elsewhere. The response I typically see boils down to a widely-held belief that black people in America are on the bottom of the minority totem pole. Black people were slaves in this country. Jim Cow affected many minorities, but was aimed specifically at black people. Same with redlining. There's a perception among many in the black community that other minorities consider themselves superior to blacks. Whether or not those perceptions have merit is a tricky question, and probably varies by location. In San Antonio, for example, I'd say it's pretty accurate. It might be different in a place like Utah or Iowa, where blacks and other minorities are more or less equally outnumbered by whites. 

Regardless, saying that black lives matter isn't saying that other minority lives don't, much like saying "save the wetlands" isn't a dismissal of other vulnerable ecosystems. Black people are the only group in America that couldn't trace their heritage until very recently with the rise of DNA-based online ancestry databases. And black people have understandable reservations about giving their DNA to strangers. See the link below for some insight into the medical community's history with black people.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2017/10/25/556673640/scientists-work-to-overcome-legacy-of-tuskegee-study-henrietta-lacks

Then there's the violence against their communities, the Tulsa massacre of 1921, the day in 1985 when police literally dropped a bomb into a Philadelphia neighborhood, countless lynchings ignored and/or endorsed by law enforcement. And the innumerable instances of police brutality and excessive use of force against black people. Again, not saying that it doesn't happen to other races, but the black community has a particularly bloody history with law enforcement. I think an argument can be made that black people, in general, experience more instances of discrimination and violence, and with greater intensity, than other minorities. Exceptions will always exist, and ALL racism is bad. And I'd venture to say that if we can make progress in how we treat the black community, other racial minorities will benefit as well.

If you think this is all about reparations, then you haven't been listening. Reparations for past grievances won't mean much if grievances keep piling up. I'd urge you to take the time to read and hear the things that black activists are saying. They have a lot of reform ideas that I would hope anyone who is not a blatant racist can get behind. I won't detail them here because I want you to hear it from them. I want you to put in the work that I have been trying to and listen with an open mind. Some of what they say might make you uncomfortable. Don't let that deter you. White comfort has resulted in decades of white indifference. That was a significant part of Dr. King's message, that white complacency is part of the problem. 

My impression about the backlash against Affirmative Action is that it is largely based on white resentment over having to work harder to prove their merits. If you think that's bad, try being black in pre-Affirmative Action America. I'm not saying it's a perfect system or that it can't be tweaked into a true meritocracy, but it's better than what it replaced.

Then you haven't been paying attention to how black people are treated when arrested versus white people. The sad truth is that George Floyd's death would have been far more shocking if he had been white, because you just don't see cops treating white people like that. Again, in general. Please don't bother trying to find one or two exceptions so you can make an "ah-HA!" anecdotal argument. Exceptions don't disprove patterns.

This is the excuse that I've seen, but when you do research into the violence of African Americans against other minorities you find that there is a HUGE amount of racism against them by African Americans. 

In addition, they gloss over the struggles of other minorities and paint them as if they do not exist.  an example of your ideas above, even as the Tuskegee airmen were being subject to experiments they were free to fly, and they were more free than a specific group of other minorities who also occasionally had experimentation done on them (but you see no one raising the flags pertaining to it in relation to them) while they were unjustly incarcerated, their property confiscated, and put into concentration camps on American Soil.  Many ills were done to Japanese Americans at that same time period that many 'conveniently' ignore.

Many of the same laws that Barred African Americans from marrying white individuals also specifically targeted Asian Americans and Native Americans.  The application of interracial marriage being barred also applied to them, but many do not realize just how large this application was against them both in the South and also to an even larger degree in the West.

Furthermore, during the Jim Crow laws, there were some aimed specifically at Asian Americans (and in fact, some remnants still exist of these, in 2018 voters voted to reject an amendment to do away with alien land laws in Florida...much more recent in effect than any laws banning African Americans from owning land).  These 'Jim Crow' laws also had other targets, and their remnants are STILL being fought today by  Asian Americans on US soil.  Where does BLM stand...by voting to keep these laws on the books of course.  Who is disadvantaged here?

Hispanics currently are STILL being imprisoned with no date of being released at times, with children being separated from parents, and families being placed into what we would call as internment camps if done in other nations.  They have Black and White guards over them.  Where does BLM go when they have plague rampaging through their camps and killing the prisoners there?  Why do they sit quietly while other minorities die in larger numbers and at times to a MUCH crueler fashion?  Why, to protest the injustice of a police man on one of their own.  It was NOT the deaths of those in the camps that fired them up, but the death of an individual.  Now, that individual should have never died in police custody, but it is interesting that the outrage of BLM is raised by the unjust death of a Black man while ignoring those of many others who are not Black, but Hispanic.  In fact, no mention of these are seen in BLM.

Now, it is true that more African American men (1/3, or 7x the rate of white men) are incarcerated than Hispanic Men (1/6, or 2.6 times the rate of white men).  In Texas this holds true, BUT, there are more Latino imprisonments (vs. incarceration)  via the numbers than African American men, and less of them are released than African American Men.

Furthermore, while there are laws that prevent discrimination specifically against African Americans it is STILL legal (and thus many still do) actively discriminate against Asians and Hispanics.  A prime example of this is College Admissions, something many Asian Americans have raised a rowe about as they are continuously told they have to have higher grades, higher test scores, and more qualifiers in order to just go to college vs. anyone else.  It is a bar that when applied to any other minority would be seen as blatant and outright discrimination.  Hispanics are commonly pulled over and questioned about their citizenship and their vehicles searched along the Texas/New Mexico/Arizona border for no other reason than the police officer suspects they are illegal aliens.  This is done to American citizens.  The circumstance may be they forgot their license or do not have it on them, but for some reason that constitutes a reason for a search which they would consider illegal without a warrant if it were a white or black American along that same border.

There is a LOT of discrimination that is ignored and furthered by BLM.  I understand their statements and why they say they should be favored, but seeing the results of their discrimination in instances (BLM riots in earlier episodes focused on vandalizing and looting Asian-American and Hispanic businesses in California for example) indicates to me that it's not just the idea that Black Lives should matter (and they do) but that their focus is that other minorities lives do NOT matter, only those of Black lives.

I've seen the discrimination against my Son-in-Law in person.  What does this entire BLM movement do in this regard...they simply say Asian Americans are the model minority and are 'privileged.'  They are PART of that discrimination.  It is PRIME examples of their discrimination.  They don't do anything about the discrimination towards other minorities and instead either ignore or promote it.

The IRONY is if they actually CARED about it, by discouraging discrimination against the rest of the minorities they could improve the discrimination against ALL minorities (including themselves).  By promoting discrimination, they normally do not actually help their own causes, and instead we see situations where laws are crafted that make their situation worse.

Edited by JohnsonJones

Guest MormonGator

If you notice, no one listens to the crabby SJWs or the right wing moralists unless you are a...crabby SJW or right wing moralist. You need to reach the middle ground usually the best way to do that is to try and be funny. 

Guest Godless
16 minutes ago, person0 said:

What exceptions?  Out of the 1004 people killed in 2019 by police officers, less than 250 were black and only 9 of those black men were unarmed.  Does that make it okay?  It depends on the circumstance.  General racism toward black men by police officers is a blatantly false perception, it is not reality, and statistics do not support it.  Anecdotal evidence is the only thing supporting the idea of generalized racism towards the black community.

Statistics won't show you the countless times that black people get stopped and questioned by police for no reason whatsoever. Or arrested for the same. Statistics won't show you the patterns of harassment and profiling at the hands of law enforcement. I get that anecdotal evidence is generally problematic, but with so many black voices sharing the pain and fear that permeates their lives daily, it's hard to ignore. As I said, LISTEN to black voices. They've been pretty loud this past week. They want you to hear them. They've lived experiences that statistics won't show you. 

16 minutes ago, person0 said:

Asian Americans are the most negatively impacted group by Affirmative Action.  Aside from that, your statement has no bearing on the fact that it is a systemically racist policy and it demeans minorities and literally ingrains into law the racist belief that they are too stupid to make it on their own and so we must dumb things down to give them a leg up.  Yeah, I call bull.

Ideally, Affirmative Action is meant to expand opportunities without lowering standards for entry. That's not "dumbing down", that's making sure that consideration is given to qualified people who may have otherwise been overlooked. True, how it's supposed to work in theory and how it ACTUALLY works in practice probably aren't the same. I think that makes a case for fixing the system, not eliminating it entirely. Because equal opportunity doesn't exist without it. Why do you think black people started making their own colleges and media organizations?

15 minutes ago, Godless said:

Statistics won't show you the countless times that black people get stopped and questioned by police for no reason whatsoever. Or arrested for the same. Statistics won't show you the patterns of harassment and profiling at the hands of law enforcement. I get that anecdotal evidence is generally problematic, but with so many black voices sharing the pain and fear that permeates their lives daily, it's hard to ignore. As I said, LISTEN to black voices. They've been pretty loud this past week. They want you to hear them. They've lived experiences that statistics won't show you. 

Ideally, Affirmative Action is meant to expand opportunities without lowering standards for entry. That's not "dumbing down", that's making sure that consideration is given to qualified people who may have otherwise been overlooked. True, how it's supposed to work in theory and how it ACTUALLY works in practice probably aren't the same. I think that makes a case for fixing the system, not eliminating it entirely. Because equal opportunity doesn't exist without it. Why do you think black people started making their own colleges and media organizations?

I agree that AA is a positive, but it has been weaponized against other minorities recently.  It is used to the advantage of African American communities, and that's a plus, but it is ALSO used as a bludgeon against other minorities.  As it does not apply for some minorities, these minorities that are not covered under it in all instances (and in many cases, Hispanics are called white, even when it is obvious they are of Native descent) the discrimination comes out and it is applied to them greatly.

The problem is NOT with BLM, at least with those in my camp.  I don't have a problem with the movement itself and what they say they represent, I have a problem with the actions they take that further discrimination against everyone else (every other minority).  You don't get goody points by saying you are being hurt, while taking a crowbar and bashing someone else's brains out.

Or...another example.  If minorities are down in a pit, and African Americans are on the lowest levels, I can see why we would want to give them care to try to elevate them out of that pit as they would be the most underprivileged in that pit.  However, when they struggle to get out of that pit by pulling others down to their level and then stomping on their heads as they scramble to the top...a LOT less sympathy is suddenly given on their behalf.  Putting themselves to be the aggressors and discriminators of the other minorities does not get them out of the pit, only makes them hurt others that are already down there with them.

11 minutes ago, Godless said:

True, how it's supposed to work in theory and how it ACTUALLY works in practice probably aren't the same.

Yup.  I suggest an easy fix would be to replace most university education with vocational training.  Especially on-the-job vocational training, with gradual certification.  People can do the work and get paid to learn and get better, and they can choose how to what professional extent they wish to go.  This already works extremely well for programmers; it can work well for others too!

13 minutes ago, Godless said:

Statistics won't show you the countless times that black people get stopped and questioned by police for no reason whatsoever.

I can imagine this is at least partially true, in practice; however, I disagree that racism is at the core.  I really appreciated learning from former Officer Tatum's perspective on this topic in general.

2 hours ago, Godless said:

The sad truth is that George Floyd's death would have been far more shocking if he had been white, because you just don't see cops treating white people like that.

That is rather the opposite of truth. The real truth is that if George Floyd had been white, his death would have merited local media coverage, at most.

2 hours ago, Godless said:

The sad truth is that George Floyd's death would have been far more shocking if he had been white, because you just don't see cops treating white people like that. 

It is true that you don't see cops treating white people like that.  That is due to our race-baiting left wing media, who can't forward an agenda by highlighting unjust deaths of white people, but can help create worldwide riots when showcasing an unjust black death.

It is absolute hogwash that it never happens.  The hidden notion that bad cops only target blacks is woefully misinformed and misguided.  

4 hours ago, Godless said:

Well...  Have you heard of Dillon Taylor?  I certainly hadn't until recently.

The questions here are:

• How shocking was it?"
  • How much did the media hype it?
  • How many people were up in arms about it?

You can't even find any of the original stories online anymore.  Wikipedia doesn't even know who he is.

You don't like that one?  How about William Bowers?  Can't find much on him online at all.  How many more that never made it to the papers because it just wasn't selling papers (so to speak).

Edited by Carborendum

5 hours ago, Godless said:

Where do you get the basis for these statements?

Here's food for thought... if you precondition a segment of your population to believe that the cops are out to get them, then they do something illegal and the cop comes to get them... what do you think they're gonna do?  Come meekly?

People find statistics that say 12-15% of America is black, but 37% of our prison population is black.  Then they try to explain why.  When they say stuff like "it's because cops let white guys pass, and focus on the blacks, plus, they plant drugs on them and arrest them on made up charges, and lawyers try harder to prosecute, juries and judges find them guilty more often, and give them harsher sentences." - they're employing arguments of institutionalized/systemic racism.

Other folks answer the question differently, without using those arguments.  https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-myth-of-systemic-police-racism-11591119883?mod=searchresults&page=1&pos=1

https://www.manhattan-institute.org/the-myth-of-systemic-police-racism

Edited by NeuroTypical

1 hour ago, NeuroTypical said:

People find statistics that say 12-15% of America is black, but 37% of our prison population is black.  Then they try to explain why.  When they say stuff like "it's because cops let white guys pass, and focus on the blacks, plus, they plant drugs on them and arrest them on made up charges, and lawyers try harder to prosecute, juries and judges find them guilty more often, and give them harsher sentences." - they're employing arguments of institutionalized/systemic racism.

Yes, 'supposedly' the:
1. Cops
then the
2. Lawyers
then the
3. Members of a jury
then the
4. Judge
The 'whole' group is part of the 'system' out to disproportionately target a particular race.

In other news:
670044024_Untitled-1copy.jpg.80ee42a142776fcf8f0d3e9d1bfd1701.jpg

Edited by NeedleinA

2 hours ago, beefche said:

Can someone help me understand? What does institutionalized racism or systemic racism mean? I hear these terms used a lot, but it doesn't fit what I thought these terms mean. So, perhaps my definition is wrong.

This is what my Brother-In-Law sent me today: 

There are certainly flaws in the premises involved, but I finally understood what he meant by systemic racism.  This particular perspective of systemic racism is exacerbated by leftist policies.

Edited by person0