A bunch of memes I just made!

person0

Guest Godless
3 hours ago, beefche said:

Can someone help me understand? What does institutionalized racism or systemic racism mean? I hear these terms used a lot, but it doesn't fit what I thought these terms mean. So, perhaps my definition is wrong.

It refers to widespread prejudice throughout the justice system (and beyond). Racial profiling, excessive use of force, inconsistent sentencing*, all perpetuated by local governments that tend to spend more money on law enforcement and incarceration than rehabilitation and community enrichment. 

*Remember Brock Turner? The white Stanford rapist who served 3 months of a 6 month sentence after being convicted of 3 counts of sexual assault? That case put a big fat spotlight on how white criminals are sentenced versus black. FWIW, the judge in that case was recalled. But it would be naive to think that disparities like that aren't common, albeit probably less extreme in most cases.

11 hours ago, person0 said:

This is what my Brother-In-Law sent me today: 

There are certainly flaws in the premises involved, but I finally understood what he meant by systemic racism.  This particular perspective of systemic racism is exacerbated by leftist policies.

Waaaay too simplistic.

In Florida, for example, politicians try their very best to preserve the "red lines" to keep their House Representative voting bloc.  Republicans don't want black people to cross into their line because they always vote Democrat.  Democrats don't want black people to move out of their line because they always vote Democrat.  So in this scenario, the problem can be solved by black people voting ideas and not parties - unfortunately, they don't.  Joe Biden's statement "You ain't black" keeps communities segregated.

Another reason - 75% of black children grow up without fathers.  Statistics show that fatherless boys tend to run afoul of the law.  Also, fatherless households tend to be in poverty and rely on government aid.  People living under government aid tend to vote Democrat.  Why are black children growing up without fathers?  Ask the Democrats.

10 hours ago, Godless said:

Remember Brock Turner? 

Yes, I do.  And I thought that was a travesty.  And that judge that doled out that sentence was recalled from his position because of it.

You can't call it systemic when the one responsible for that decision was removed from his position becaus of it.  It was ONE very bad BAD decision by ONE very BAD judge. 

Chauvin and his partners in crime are being put on trial for their actions.  How can you call it systemic when they're being put on trial for murder because of it?

It was absolutely wrong and those were BAD people.  But it cannot be considered systemic when these actions are being addressed and corrected.

33 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

Another reason - 75% of black children grow up without fathers. 

IMO, that factoid is the biggest reason for the disparities and unequalness.  Boys and girls need fathers.  Without fathers, boys find a father figure wherever they can - often on the streets from a strong gang leader.  Without fathers, girls find males to attach to wherever they can, and however they can.  Which means finding boys to love them, by having sex with them.

Whenever someone wants to compare this or that demographic, be it along racial, cultural, income, education, religious lines, or what have you, I look to the families both groups come from.

Dang - it's almost like The Proclamation On The Family knows what it's talking about or something.

Edited by NeuroTypical

2 hours ago, NeedleinA said:

Candice Owens is on point. 6:00 minutes of what we at home call mandatory viewing. We watched this as a family back when it came out.

"I will not pretend to be a victim in this country"

I'll take your Candice Owens and raise you Larry Elder.

"I asked you to name the most important example of systemic racism and you gave me white cops going after black people.  I gave you the facts on that so that's nonsense, what's another example you have?  Blacks are not getting into schools?  That's B.S...."

54 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

"I asked you to name the most important example of systemic racism and you gave me white cops going after black people.  I gave you the facts on that so that's nonsense, what's another example you have?  Blacks are not getting into schools?  That's B.S...."

Wow.

6 hours ago, NeuroTypical said:

IMO, that factoid is the biggest reason for the disparities and unequalness.  Boys and girls need fathers.  Without fathers, boys find a father figure wherever they can - often on the streets from a strong gang leader.  Without fathers, girls find males to attach to wherever they can, and however they can.  Which means finding boys to love them, by having sex with them.

Whenever someone wants to compare this or that demographic, be it along racial, cultural, income, education, religious lines, or what have you, I look to the families both groups come from.

Dang - it's almost like The Proclamation On The Family knows what it's talking about or something.

1 hour ago, anatess2 said:

From the video:

The biggest problem (in Black America) is that 75% of (black children) are born without a father in the home.  And that has virtually every negative social consequence associated with it.  Crime, poverty, more likely to be arrested...

..(Solution) Reverse the welfare state...

<because of the "war on poverty" the fatherless rate in black families went from 25% to 75%.  Today, white families went from 5% to 25%>

We've economically incentivized women to marry the government and allowed men to abandon their economic and moral responsibilities.

Sounds about right.

In relation to some of what was said in this thread, this came out a few days ago...

Presidendt Nelson shares social post

It is best to read it all.  Unfortunately, as per academic guidelines we normally can post, at most, 3 paragraphs of a copyrighted item, I can only post so much of it, but one cannot get the entire feel of the item without reading all of it.

We join with many throughout this nation and around the world who are deeply saddened at recent evidences of racism and a blatant disregard for human life. We abhor the reality that some would deny others respect and the most basic of freedoms because of the color of his or her skin.

We are also saddened when these assaults on human dignity lead to escalating violence and unrest.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let us be clear. We are brothers and sisters, each of us the child of a loving Father in Heaven. His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, invites all to come unto Him—“black and white, bond and free, male and female,” (2 Nephi 26:33). It behooves each of us to do whatever we can in our spheres of influence to preserve the dignity and respect every son and daughter of God deserves.

On 6/5/2020 at 12:42 AM, MormonGator said:

Actually, using humor to demonstrate the absurdity of the situation is perhaps the best tool out there.  In fact, I go a step further. If/when someone says "Hey, don't joke about that." That's almost always a sign that you NEED to joke about that.

It seems to me as if there was something seriously flawyd in the way Mr Chauvin interacted with George. 

Edited by askandanswer

Guest MormonGator
1 minute ago, askandanswer said:

It seems to me as if there was something seriously flawyed in the way Mr Chauvin interacted with George. 

Yup, we agree totally. In fact, 99% of people agree with us. 

On 6/4/2020 at 11:01 PM, person0 said:

This is what my Brother-In-Law sent me today: 

There are certainly flaws in the premises involved, but I finally understood what he meant by systemic racism.  This particular perspective of systemic racism is exacerbated by leftist policies.

Just saw this Ben Shapiro commentary on that video:

"If you want Jamal to have the same educational opportunities as Kevin perhaps you should have vouchers for public schools... charter schools... or break up the teacher's union... I want Jamal to have better schools and the same educational opportunities as Kevin but the Democrats do not."

12 minutes ago, Still_Small_Voice said:

B.L.M.  That stands for the Bureau of Land Management.   👍

So...

If you have a Tiny House on Wheels you can go take the BLM map and find 3 spots no less than 20 miles from each other and stay in each spot for 2 weeks then wheel your house to the next spot for 2 weeks, then wheel your house to the 3rd spot for 2 weeks, then repeat the cycle.  Free rent all year long.

1 minute ago, anatess2 said:

If you have a Tiny House on Wheels you can go take the BLM map and find 3 spots no less than 20 miles from each other and stay in each spot for 2 weeks then wheel your house to the next spot for 2 weeks, then wheel your house to the 3rd spot for 2 weeks, then repeat the cycle.  Free rent all year long.

You ruined my joke that I heard from someone else and claimed as mine AnatessHere, this is for you:  👎