Apartment Hunting

Mayor Defacto

On 6/18/2020 at 7:10 PM, Mayor Defacto said:

It's all set! I'm moving. Thanks for all your help, ThirdHour. Now can you please find me a girlfriend?

Glad you are set - I have rentals in Provo but I never advertise.   Perhaps I should say I no longer advertise - often I am contacted by someone wanting to fill a vacancy before I am contacted by the tenant that is leaving.

As per a girlfriend - If you are under 30 and cannot find a girlfriend yourself in Provo - You do not deserve one.   If you are over 30 (as other's have already hinted) best look outside the Provo area.  If you have some obvious things to repent of - I would suggest leaving all that baggage in NY.  We are all in need of repentance but there are certain "issues" that are contrary to the predominate Utah church culture.  If you have yourself together and comfortable in church culture you will not  (should not) need a lot of assistance.

The Traveler

Edited by Traveler

On 7/5/2020 at 3:59 PM, Traveler said:

Glad you are set - I have rentals in Provo but I never advertise.   Perhaps I should say I no longer advertise - often I am contacted by someone wanting to fill a vacancy before I am contacted by the tenant that is leaving.

As per a girlfriend - If you are under 30 and cannot find a girlfriend yourself in Provo - You do not deserve one.   If you are over 30 (as other's have already hinted) best look outside the Provo area.  If you have some obvious things to repent of - I would suggest leaving all that baggage in NY.  We are all in need of repentance but there are certain "issues" that are contrary to the predominate Utah church culture.  If you have yourself together and comfortable in church culture you will not  (should not) need a lot of assistance.

I sure hope you aren’t talking about facial hair. I would hate to shave it off :)

1 hour ago, Mayor Defacto said:

I sure hope you aren’t talking about facial hair. I would hate to shave it off :)

If you think the perfect girl friend is not worth it - I think I know of at least one reason why you do not have one.  😎

The Traveler

3 hours ago, Carborendum said:

The successful "woman magnet" does that which the unsuccessful "woman magnet" is not willing to do.

This is a true statement. It is also a true statement that most women in our culture seem to prefer men with shaven faces. But yet another true statement is that some women like facial hair. It should also be recognized that a woman can be attracted to a man in spite of his facial hair, and can grow (no pun intended) to accept and even appreciate it.

But I agree, if your goal is to find a mate and if most potential mates don't like your beard, then the razor is probably the wise choice.