Trump's Bible

Jamie123

Why is every YouTuber saying that Trump held up the Bible upside down? And why is that such a big deal anyway? (Someone was even calling it "blasphemy"!)

OK have a go at him for sending soldiers with tear gas and rubber bullets to clear Lafayette Square of peaceful protesters, so he be photographed standing in front of a church holding up a (closed) Bible saying "Look at me! I'm a Christian! Here's my Bible for goodness sake!" (Well OK - he didn't literally say that, but that was his message.) I get that.

But as for the Bible (and whether it was his own actual Bible that he reads every night before saying his prayers, or one he got from the White House library and dusted off for the occasion, we don't know) it was clearly the RIGHT WAY UP. The ends of the bookmark ribbons were clearly dangling from underneath it. If it were upside down, they would be flopped over the top.

Let's keep things in proportion!

Trump is a flawed character. Separately from this, he has made himself a target for soulless cynics, who use his manifest character flaws to crucify him.

"Crucify" is probably the right word here; they would treat him the same if he were Jesus Christ. Bill Clinton is at least as morally damaged as Trump, but the media and other elements of the Democratic establishment have always given him a pass.

Fundamentally, this is not about Trump. This is about destroying anyone who stands in the way of "progress" as defined by the "progressives". Which, by the way, includes the riots the US is now experiencing.

2 hours ago, Vort said:

Fundamentally, this is not about Trump. This is about destroying anyone who stands in the way of "progress" as defined by the "progressives". Which, by the way, includes the riots the US is now experiencing.

Bush was crucified too.  He just never fought back.  Trump is the first Republican I know who gives as much if not more than he gets.

I find it hilarious that Bush, Colin Powell, and Romney are competing on who gets to denounce Trump the most.  Colin Powell - the guy who was one of the people who gave us the Iraq War and broke off the Republican Party to praise Obama's war... now telling us Trump is dangerous to our country.  Hah hah.

4 hours ago, Vort said:

"Crucify" is probably the right word here; they would treat him the same if he were Jesus Christ.

It goes with the territory: "Let us our lives, our souls, our debts, our careful wives, our children, and our sins lay on the king!
We must bear all. O hard condition, Twin-born with greatness, subject to the breath Of every fool, whose sense no more can feel But his own wringing." (Henry V, Act 4, Scene 1)

(Translation: "Let's blame all our problems on whoever's in authority! He may have all the power, but he still has to suffer abuse from every idiot who knows nothing of the burdens he bears.")

But like I say, there's one thing I definitely can say in Trump's favour: he does know the top of his Bible from the bottom.

1 hour ago, Jamie123 said:

It goes with the territory: "Let us our lives, our souls, our debts, our careful wives, our children, and our sins lay on the king!

So, if a son that is by his father sent about merchandise do sinfully miscarry upon the sea,
the imputation of his wickedness by your rule, should be imposed upon his father that sent him:
or if aservant, under his master's command transporting a sum of money,
be assailed by robbers and die in many irreconciled iniquities, 
you may call the business of the master the author of the servant's damnation:

but this is not so:

the king is not bound to answer the particular endings of his soldiers,
the father of his son, nor the master of his servant;
for they purpose not their death, when they purpose their services.

Every subject's duty is the king's;
but every subject's soul is his own.