friend warry of LDS because it was founded by a pedophile?

Guest Scott
4 hours ago, anatess2 said:

That's funny that CARM calls Joseph Smith a pedophile when Christian Apologetics place Mary's age as between 12-14 when she got married to Joseph.

Yes, it's always a double standard with them.

They mock us for believing in the Gold Plates or First Vision, but yet they also believe in Noah's Ark, the strory of Jonah, and a talking donkey.   I don't see why the Biblical stories are less improable than the Gold Plates and First Vision.  

Edited by Scott

1 hour ago, scottyg said:

I wonder OP's (trolls) "friend" is also concerned about the child marriages of 12 and 13 year olds that still take place in islamic countries...

Fundamentalist "Christian" anti-Mormons are notorious for hating Muslims, so I'd guess they at least pretend to be concerned.

18 hours ago, Scott said:

Yes, it's always a double standard with them.

They mock us for believing in the Gold Plates or First Vision, but yet they also believe in Noah's Ark, the strory of Jonah, and a talking donkey.   I don't see why the Biblical stories are less improable than the Gold Plates and First Vision.  

Good point.  At least Atheists will still apply the same standard to a "dirty old man" named Joseph marrying a 13 year old virgin.  And we're supposed to believe he was married to her and slept int he same bed, yet he didn't have sex with her for at least 9 months?  Yeah, I'd believe that.

Edited by Carborendum