...tap, Tap..."hello, Is This On?"

Steele

Yed, i'm pretty sure that PaPas avatar is Gandalf from Lord of the Rings, and not Dumbledore. (i am such a geek!) :rolleyes:

Oh, and welcome Steele!, i knew what you were going to say to Elp, before you said it. Every member of the church has to have their own conversion, and not live off someone elses forever, that will not save them. I've been working on that for the past 10 years. Question though, do you think that Children should bear their testimony? It is obviously not their testimony because they are just 'parroting' what their parents have taught them, they have not been converted or 'know' for sure that this or that doctrine is true. So should people bear thier testimony before they have the 'conversion experience'?

What is OCD

OCD is when you type something but you're not sure if you actually typed it so you type it again but you're not sure if you actually typed it so you type it again but you're not sure if you actually typed it so you type it again but you're not sure if you actually typed it so you type it again.... ;)

...i knew what you were going to say to Elp, before you said it.

Like they say, great minds think alike....

...do you think that Children should bear their testimony?

[...]

...should people bear thier testimony before they have the 'conversion experience'?

Good question, and my best guess is that even though someone (i.e., a child) has not necessarily experienced some kind of conversion, they can still bear testimony on their own level. Every time they bear testimony, even though they might be repeating something they've heard their parents say, they send the roots down a little deeper, not to mention they take a public speaking vitamin, too. Elder Boyd K. Packer gave an excellent talk (click here) entitled, "The Candle of the Lord" -- maybe you're familiar with it -- where he said, "Oh, if I could teach you this one principle! A testimony is to be found in the bearing of it." This probably holds true for children as well as adults.

G'day, mate!

Question though, do you think that Children should bear their testimony? It is obviously not their testimony because they are just 'parroting' what their parents have taught them, they have not been converted or 'know' for sure that this or that doctrine is true. So should people bear thier testimony before they have the 'conversion experience'?

Personally, I feel that children shoud be encouraged to bear their testimony in Primary, not in Sacrament. That is where they learn to give their talks and prayers, read from the scriptures. When they graduate out of Primary and into Young Women/Men, then they should be encouraged to bear their testimony in Sacrament.

I feel that the adults should be encourage to keep their testimonies brief: no travelogues, family history narrations, and no Primary style preaching. In my old branch, one sister always gave a lecture complete with show and tell. Fortunately for the rest of us, the Stake President was visiting on F&T Sunday, and when she pulled out the show and tell, he got up and removed them all and took her outside to talk with her. He was wonderful- we all looked at each other and rather than clap and shout Hurray- we gave each other the 'thumbs up', and nearly everyone stood up and exclaimed how thankful that our prayers were always answered and how thankful we all were for the local leadership Father had blessed us with!