CHAZ renamed again—the Seattle Police-free Autonomous Zone

Vort

2 hours ago, Vort said:

I think my suggestion is more appropriate than ever.

2 hours ago, Carborendum said:

So, what are you saying?  That it is really "SNAZ" (Seattle No-cop Autonomous Zone)?

It's really... Capitol Hill Pretends It is Autonomous Zone but it's not as cool as Vort's SPAZ or Carb's SNAZ...

5 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

It's really... Capitol Hill Pretends It is Autonomous Zone but it's not as cool as Vort's SPAZ or Carb's SNAZ...

All the articles I've read about the murder has the area rebranded as Capitol Hill Occupied Protest zone. That's right, the Occupation is running a CHOP block!

The article you link says the police met some resistance on Saturday when they tried to enter the CHOP block. It says they're continuing the investigation, but it wasn't clear to me if they were able to do it within the site.

I have been told—so take this with a grain of salt—that the protestors renamed CHAZ to CHOP because supposedly the federal government won't continue sending public entitlement funds such as food stamps or welfare checks into an autonomous zone. I kinda doubt that, but it's a funny explanation, because if it were true, that would be exactly the result.

In light of what happened in CHAZ/CHOP...it reflects the views of BLM apparently.

The views expressed in this article ARE CHILLING to say the least...

Fox news interview with BLM leader - Burn Down the System

"I said," Newsome told the host, "if this country doesn't give us what we want, then we will burn down this system and replace it. All right? And I could be speaking ... figuratively. I could be speaking literally. It's a matter of interpretation.

--------------------------------------

At the conclusion of the interview, Newsome told MacCallum, "I just want black liberation and black sovereignty, by any means necessary."

2 hours ago, JohnsonJones said:

In light of what happened in CHAZ/CHOP...it reflects the views of BLM apparently.

The views expressed in this article ARE CHILLING to say the least...

Fox news interview with BLM leader - Burn Down the System

JJ, you have now received an awakening to the reality of this movement.  You now have an opportunity to have a real conversation about what the movement is really about and how we ought to treat it.  Or you can choose to stay on their side and continue supporting them.  How you choose will determine where you end up in this tsunami that faces us.

Edited by Carborendum

So, I'm hearing CHOP is basically done for.  The protesters are leaving, not many are left.  

The sensible reason for this, would be that guy's death, plus the lawsuits against the govt from the businessowners (for not providing govt services), plus the lawsuits against the govt from the occupiers (ironically, also for not providing government services). 

Word on the street, however, says something different.  I hear from people who know people, that 6-8000 various motorcycle gang members were about to have an impromptu Sturgis in downtown Seattle this weekend, and just that rumor was enough to get most of 'em to scatter like, well, like Seattle hipsters running from biker gangs.    (Ordinarily I wouldn't repeat crap I just hear from people, but I've heard it from three different unrelated directions.)

Anyone else hearing anything?  You don't find stuff like this in google news sorces.

Edited by NeuroTypical

On 6/26/2020 at 11:07 PM, NeuroTypical said:

So, I'm hearing CHOP is basically done for.  The protesters are leaving, not many are left.  

The sensible reason for this, would be that guy's death, plus the lawsuits against the govt from the businessowners (for not providing govt services), plus the lawsuits against the govt from the occupiers (ironically, also for not providing government services). 

Word on the street, however, says something different.  I hear from people who know people, that 6-8000 various motorcycle gang members were about to have an impromptu Sturgis in downtown Seattle this weekend, and just that rumor was enough to get most of 'em to scatter like, well, like Seattle hipsters running from biker gangs.    (Ordinarily I wouldn't repeat crap I just hear from people, but I've heard it from three different unrelated directions.)

Anyone else hearing anything?  You don't find stuff like this in google news sorces.

Yep.  Bikers for Trump is the name of the organization.  They planned on celebrating July 4th at Capitol Hill.  I haven't heard that the event is cancelled.  Hell's Angels was going to join too.

Anyway, CHAZ came down because they realized they need a "white person who has a background in security"... check the vid below.  It's hilarious.

12 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

Please enlighten me.  What destination got reached because of the vehicle-formerly-known-as CHAZ/CHOP?

(And dumb it down a bit please, I ain't the brightest bulb.)

Distrust in the exercise of authority by our current government.

The Traveler

1 hour ago, Traveler said:

Distrust in the exercise of authority by our current government.

The Traveler

I don't think this is the destination.  At least, if I'm understanding what you're saying correctly.  The destination as visualized by the people supporting unrest such as CHAZ is not distrust in the authority of the current government.  The destination is the destruction of the foundation of the USA so as to invalidate the notion that the USA is the beacon of light on the hill.

I liked what someone said about these autonomous zones.  They said it was like someone moving into their parents garage and saying they were their own nation while demanding their Mom give them cooked meals, do their dirty laundry and also having their parents keep paying the home mortgage, water and power bills.

9 hours ago, anatess2 said:

I don't think this is the destination.  At least, if I'm understanding what you're saying correctly.  The destination as visualized by the people supporting unrest such as CHAZ is not distrust in the authority of the current government.  The destination is the destruction of the foundation of the USA so as to invalidate the notion that the USA is the beacon of light on the hill.

For most of the protesters - I believe it is.  As always there are undercurrents and those behind the organization.  It is my opinion that the secret power behind CHAZ is also behind open borders, abolish ICE, black Lives Matter and a number of other protest issues are the drug cartels and gangs.  Without borders and police there will be little left to stop the drug cartels from replacing the legal infrastructure with their own.   I believe the one of last institution to stop them are the police and ICE.  I have thought that the FBI will also be on that list but I am not sure how much of that organization is already lost.  We can clearly see which politicians and judges are already in line with open borders, abolishing ICE and refunding the police.   If a democrat is elected president (Biden) we will see the military gutted - starting with the National Guard - with the exception of the special National Guard unit directly under the president (organized while Clinton was president). 

The Traveler