CHAZ renamed again—the Seattle Police-free Autonomous Zone

Vort

8 hours ago, Traveler said:

For most of the protesters - I believe it is.  As always there are undercurrents and those behind the organization.  It is my opinion that the secret power behind CHAZ is also behind open borders, abolish ICE, black Lives Matter and a number of other protest issues are the drug cartels and gangs.  Without borders and police there will be little left to stop the drug cartels from replacing the legal infrastructure with their own.   I believe the one of last institution to stop them are the police and ICE.  I have thought that the FBI will also be on that list but I am not sure how much of that organization is already lost.  We can clearly see which politicians and judges are already in line with open borders, abolishing ICE and refunding the police.   If a democrat is elected president (Biden) we will see the military gutted - starting with the National Guard - with the exception of the special National Guard unit directly under the president (organized while Clinton was president). 

The Traveler

Those are scary thoughts.

Seattle's mayor finally decided that SPAZ was just not healthy...  for her.  So, she has given the order for police to dismantle it.

She was quoted as saying;

Seattle can and should peacefully demonstrate but should not put families and children at risk.

I guess the families and children who were at risk inside the Zone were "acceptable losses."  It was only when she became a target that it was unacceptable.

All this stuff is only serving to move more people to the right.

Guest MormonGator
6 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

It was only when she became a target that it was unacceptable.

That sums up many aspects of liberalism. Burning down houses is fine, but burning down my house is totally outrageous. Taxing the rich is wonderful, but I set up complicated tax shelters so that I can legally pay less taxes. I love affirmative action, as long as my kids go to exclusive private schools that are 95% white. I love windmill power, but I don't want to see those ugly windmills in the Hamptons. 

I could go on and on. 

5 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

"I support peaceful demonstrations, the CHOP has become lawless and brutal. Four shootings -- two fatal -- robberies, assaults, violence and countless property crimes have occurred in this several block area." - Seattle Police Chief

My point exactly.  When was it ever peaceful.  It seemed violent at the start.

3 hours ago, anatess2 said:
4 hours ago, Carborendum said:

All this stuff is only serving to move more people to the right.

You would think.  Except this is Seattle...

It may not budge the needle in Seattle proper, but I have some hope that the less densely populated areas of the state will be, well, less dense.

2 hours ago, NeuroTypical said:

"I support peaceful demonstrations, the CHOP has become lawless and brutal. Four shootings -- two fatal -- robberies, assaults, violence and countless property crimes have occurred in this several block area." - Seattle Police Chief

The blood of the murder victims is on the hands of the mayor, the police chief, and for that matter the governor, not legally but morally. I hope Washingtonians remember this come election time. Time for Jay Inslee to walk shamefully off into the disgrace of his political career's sunset.

• 2 years later...

It is important to remember history. It is important to know how are things washed out. It is important to know that the rule of law and our democratic institutions of justice, have largely won in this spicy little chapter in Seattle history that made world news.

https://www.king5.com/article/news/local/seattle/seattle-chop-lawsuit-settlement/281-109c885f-2d9c-4ef1-9d58-3d9ff28bc5c9

Edited by NeuroTypical

18 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

It is important to remember history. It is important to know how are things washed out. It is important to know that the rule of law and our democratic institutions of justice, have largely won in this spicy little chapter in Seattle history that made world news.

https://www.king5.com/article/news/local/seattle/seattle-chop-lawsuit-settlement/281-109c885f-2d9c-4ef1-9d58-3d9ff28bc5c9

I wonder where the city will find $3.6 million to repay the businessmen and citizens of Seattle.

(Note: I don't really wonder.)

17 minutes ago, Vort said:

I wonder where the city will find $3.6 million to repay the businessmen and citizens of Seattle.

(Note: I don't really wonder.)

I wonder if they're going to simply drag it out like Gibson Bakery v Oberlin College.

If they do get the payout, I'd think that the smart ones would take the money and run away to another state that actually cares about their well-being.

Edited by Carborendum

16 minutes ago, scottyg said:

It still boggles my mind how people can downplay CHAZ/CHOP as a big nothing burger, and yet view other things like the Canadian Trucker Protest as an act of rebellion worthy of military force.

Personal politics + propaganda

The Canadian government, through its propaganda arm the CBC, suppressed photo and video evidence showing that the truckers were peaceful and that the government response to them was anything but. The recent "investigation" into the government response was essentially a kangaroo court, and so the Trudeau regime won't be held accountable unless the larger world community forces accountability somehow. 

Yes, I know people who live in Canada, and a number of them are desperately trying to figure out how they can flee to America despite Canada's requirement that people receive the death jab Covid vaccine before leaving the country.