Straggling Along Behind My Madb Compatriots...

Guest HEthePrimate

Guest HEthePrimate

Salve, everybody! I'm new here, coming from the MADBoard (where I'm known as DH--went for something more creative this time!) for fellowship, fun, etc. I look forward to seeing some old friends and getting to know some new ones.

I'm LDS and served a mission in France *ahem* some time ago (purposely vague). ;) I like a good laugh, (hence the motto on my avatar, which is so tiny it's illegible--it reads "Rideamus," "Let us laugh."), so feel free to tell jokes, especially Mormon jokes. My coworkers tease me a bit about being LDS, so giving them some Mormon jokes will be fun.

His Eminence the Primate aka DH

Guest HEthePrimate

Hello! Glad you're here! :D What is your avatar?

It's a coat of arms for a Primate of the Roman Catholic Church, with a picture of a mandrill on the shield. Yes, it's a bad joke, but I just couldn't resist! :P

DH

Hello DH...

The trouble with LDS jokes... good ones on us... is no one else gets them... for instance...

It was show and tell time at school and children were to show something associated with their religion.

So this little girl goes up in front of class and says, I'm Mary, I'm Catholic, and this is a rosary.

A little boy goes forward and says, I'm Jacob, I'm Jewish, and this is a Mazzuza.

Another little boy goes forward and says, I'm Nephi, I'm Mormon, and this is a casserole.

See? Who would get it?

Or...

You might be Mormon if.. all your dishes have your name written on them with masking tape.

You might be Mormon if...you postdate your checks while shopping on Sunday.

You might be Mormon if...you think Jello is one of the basic food groups.

You might be Mormon if...you have a kid in diapers and one on a mission.

You might be Mormon if...you think it's okay to watch football on Sundays as long as a direct

descendant of Brigham Young is playing.

You might be Mormon if...you go to a party and someone spikes the punch with Pepsi.

You might be Mormon if...at least one of your salad bowls is at the neighbors.

Etc..

The Garden Girl

Guest HEthePrimate

Ah, but half the fun is explaining the jokes to my coworkers!! Good to see you, Garden Girl. :) Of course, considering that my one coworker calls me a "belly Mormon" (claiming I only go to church for the free meals!), the food jokes might only fan the flames. It's all for a laugh, though...

DH