A message to Shania Twain...

Jamie123

...just in case she reads this board.

After the brave, brave stand taken by Lady A and The Chicks in removing the terrible words "Antebellum" and "Dixie" from their names, isn't it time you thought about YOUR name...Miss Twain? Twain is a five letter word with an "a" in it...like "slave"...and it even has an "i" in the same position as...Dixie?

See what I'm getting at, Miss Twain?

Also if you jumble up the letters of "Shania Twain"...and take some away...and add some others...you can spell out "General Lee". Rearrange them again, and add a few more, and take away some others and you can make "Ku Klux Klan" and "Uncle Remus". Do you really think no one's ever noticed that??? 

And on top of all that, you have the same surname as Mark Twain, who used the N-word in his books!

I suggest you quickly change your surname to Shania Blacklivesmatter, because black lives matter, and if you don't support Black Lives Matter then you clearly don't think that black lives matter, so you might just as well change your name to Adolf Hitler.

(Sorry to bring my ranting here. It's just that my family tell me they're sick of hearing about it.) 

12 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

We'll never be sick of your ranting here, Jamie. 

By the way... you have an A and an I on that name too!  Oooohhhh....

You know, what REALLY makes me mad is that on TV this morning they had an ad for their new album. "The Chicks are back! With their new album Gaslighter!" No mention that these are actually The Dixie Chicks, and with this look...

image.jpeg.8d6c64a48b4d75e23b16aed8c966d884.jpeg

...you might well be confused.

"Gaslighter" is the word for it all right! Making out like they had always been called "The Chicks", so that if we thought they were ever called The Dixie Chicks, we must be going crazy!

"Whoever controls the present controls the past".

Ingsoc! Airstrip One! Room 101!

etc. etc. etc...

2 minutes ago, Jamie123 said:

You know, what REALLY makes me mad is that on TV this morning they had an ad for their new album. "The Chicks are back! With their new album Gaslighter!" No mention that these are actually The Dixie Chicks, and with this look...

They made Goodbye, Earl.  I can't abandon them.  :D

3 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

They made Goodbye, Earl.  I can't abandon them.  :D

That was a great song. As was parody version..."Both members of the huntin' club, both active in the NRA (National Redneck Association)".

I still can't hear Travellin' Soldier without crying at the last verse.

7 hours ago, Jamie123 said:

That was a great song. As was parody version..."Both members of the huntin' club, both active in the NRA (National Redneck Association)".

I still can't hear Travellin' Soldier without crying at the last verse.

Tyler England has a great version of Travellin soldier. I love it.

I refuse to listen to the Dixie chicks after Natalie's fight with Toby Keith. She was classless and I love Toby. 

On 7/17/2020 at 4:27 AM, Jamie123 said:

...just in case she reads this board.

After the brave, brave stand taken by Lady A and The Chicks in removing the terrible words "Antebellum" and "Dixie" from their names, isn't it time you thought about YOUR name...Miss Twain? Twain is a five letter word with an "a" in it...like "slave"...and it even has an "i" in the same position as...Dixie?

See what I'm getting at, Miss Twain?

Also if you jumble up the letters of "Shania Twain"...and take some away...and add some others...you can spell out "General Lee". Rearrange them again, and add a few more, and take away some others and you can make "Ku Klux Klan" and "Uncle Remus". Do you really think no one's ever noticed that??? 

And on top of all that, you have the same surname as Mark Twain, who used the N-word in his books!

I suggest you quickly change your surname to Shania Blacklivesmatter, because black lives matter, and if you don't support Black Lives Matter then you clearly don't think that black lives matter, so you might just as well change your name to Adolf Hitler.

(Sorry to bring my ranting here. It's just that my family tell me they're sick of hearing about it.) 

Don't you mess with my girl.