Semi-lurker

Traela

Hello, all! I'm another immigrant from Ma&db. I joined the Church in Pennsylvania, when I was 12. I now live in Idaho with my husband (who teaches high school history) and 5 children, ages 15, 13, 10, 7, and 1. We live on a portion of his family's farm with a bunch of goats, where we have a small Christmas tree farm. We also recently took over the pick-it-yourself raspberries and asparagus business started by dh's uncle.

I'm a sahm. I mostly like to read, but I also knit and garden. This year I finally started a small herb garden. I like to cook, especially if it involves chocolate. :P

Hello Traela...

I love the sound of your life... for years my dh and I would travel to Idaho almost every summer, fishing, camping, and looking forward to settling there in retirement... I used to drool at the homes on several acres... when we were finally ready to retire we went looking for a lot/property to build in the Coeur d'Alene area. But, turns out so were hundreds of other Californians. We did find a lot overlooking the lake, but the builder got wise and halted sales because he figured out he could get a lot more than he was asking... we went up the again the next year but couldn't find anything... so we headed home... he said, let's go back through Oregon, along the coast... you love the beach...

So we did, and we found a lot in a resort area called Salishan... in the pines with ocean view. We proceeded to design and build our retirement home... we lived in that home for 7 years when my husband passed away suddenly... afterwards, I stayed on for a couple years then sold it and bought a little cottage a short 1/2 block to the beach... just down at the end of my street... as much as I loved Idaho, my heart is with the sea...always has been since I was a girl in So Cal. So here I am on the beautiful central Oregon coast... giving you a hardy Welcome!! and hoping you will enjoy it here...

The Garden Girl