Pastor with Prophetic Vision

I have an idea for an outreach to the nation of Israel that takes into consideration your LDS doctrine of Multiple Mortal Probations.  I explained it here:

A major outreach by Latter day Saints to the nation of Israel will grab the attention of Pentecostals all over the world.... and an opportunity for your churches to begin to cooperate more should be created???

It also uses some of the Dr. Ian Stevenson research and a detail from the ancient Book of Adam and Eve that was preserved into our time period only in the Coptic Ethiopian language.  

Chapter 69
Twelfth apparition of Satan to Adam and Eve, while Adam was praying over the offering on the altar; when Satan beat him.

1 Then Satan, the hater of all good, envious of Adam and of his offering through which he found favor with God, hastened and took a sharp stone from among the sharp iron stones; appeared in the form of a man, and went and stood by Adam and Eve. 2 Adam was then offering on the altar, and had begun to pray, with his hands spread before God. 3 Then Satan hastened with the sharp iron stone he had with him, and with it pierced Adam on the right side, from which flowed blood and water, then Adam fell on the altar like a corpse. And Satan fled. 4 Then Eve came, and took Adam and placed him below the altar. And there she stayed, crying over him; while a stream of blood flowed from Adam's side over his offering. 5 But God looked at the death of Adam. He then sent His Word, and raised him up and said to him, "Fulfill your offering, for indeed, Adam, it is worth much, and there is no shortcoming in it." (The Book of Adam and Eve)

Edited by DennisTate
add comment

3 hours ago, DennisTate said:

I have an idea for an outreach to the nation of Israel that takes into consideration your LDS doctrine of Multiple Mortal Probations.  

We don't believe in multiple mortal probations. It is not taught in our scriptures or by any of our prophets and anyone teaching such a doctrine is not who you should be listening to to understand our doctrine.

Here is how we are reaching out to the nation of Israel: we teach the fullness of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. Sadly, as scriptural prophecy indicates they will not embrace the truth as a nation until He comes again and saves them from their enemies.

On 8/9/2020 at 7:39 PM, priesthoodpower said:

How would you reply if a stalwart, straight as an arrow family member of yours who was a former bishop and now resides in the stake presidency texted you this.

"We believe that non-members can receive visions too, so, not to scare you but to be better prepared, we as members always knew this was coming but I just didnt know so soon!"

https://youtu.be/6TdpMSMP9x4

On the other hand....  many warnings in Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel and in the minor prophets were avoided or at least delayed when people repented after they accepted a warning.  

This scary dream could be a valid warning... that can be avoided if we repent.....

an article on near death experience accounts does a good job of explaining the logic of this......

https://www.near-death.com/science/research/future.html#a03

On 9/13/2020 at 10:13 AM, DennisTate said:

On the other hand....  many warnings in Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel and in the minor prophets were avoided or at least delayed when people repented after they accepted a warning.  

This scary dream could be a valid warning... that can be avoided if we repent.....

an article on near death experience accounts does a good job of explaining the logic of this......

https://www.near-death.com/science/research/future.html#a03

The great thing about the book of mormon is that it documents the cycle of civilizations that have risen and fallen in the ancient Americas based on their righteousness/wickedness. Its actually really simple to predict the destructive outcomes from human behavior but because humans are so greedy/stubborn we become blinded and need prophets (and "scary dreams") to remind us.

Those NDE experiences you share are awesome but to be quite honest, nothing new or ground breaking. The more I learn about enlightened spiritual teachings from various sources, the more it sounds like its based on...Jesus's teachings.

Here is a quote from your NDE website....

"I was told that the world could be saved, not by its leaders, but by prayer groups throughout the world. I was told that the prayers of a group of twenty could save a nation from war. I was told that the fate of mankind rested on our ability, individually and collectively, to change the direction of mankind in accordance with God's plan ... Depending on mankind's response to God, these events may be altered, postponed, or cancelled." (Ned Dougherty)

...and here is what mormons have been doing for 200 years 

Well 2020 has been quite the year in the US with the pandemic, the Protests, and now the Fires.  There is smoke all the way across the nation now from the fires on the West Coast.  My wife warned me that there was going to be a smoky day out, but from a cloud of smoke that apparently is traveling eastwards.

On 9/15/2020 at 3:18 AM, priesthoodpower said:

The great thing about the book of mormon is that it documents the cycle of civilizations that have risen and fallen in the ancient Americas based on their righteousness/wickedness. Its actually really simple to predict the destructive outcomes from human behavior but because humans are so greedy/stubborn we become blinded and need prophets (and "scary dreams") to remind us.

Those NDE experiences you share are awesome but to be quite honest, nothing new or ground breaking. The more I learn about enlightened spiritual teachings from various sources, the more it sounds like its based on...Jesus's teachings.

Here is a quote from your NDE website....

"I was told that the world could be saved, not by its leaders, but by prayer groups throughout the world. I was told that the prayers of a group of twenty could save a nation from war. I was told that the fate of mankind rested on our ability, individually and collectively, to change the direction of mankind in accordance with God's plan ... Depending on mankind's response to God, these events may be altered, postponed, or cancelled." (Ned Dougherty)

...and here is what mormons have been doing for 200 years 

I found an article on Moshiach .com a couple of decades ago that I believe most Latter day Saints will find to be quite encouraging and informative but perhaps not surprising.

http://www.beta.moshiach.com/index.php/item/ecuador

Ecuador

Written by Rabbi Marvin Tokayer Posted in Tribes

Intensified attention to the subject took place in the 17th century in England. It was all due to the writings of Manasseh Ben Israel, an Amsterdam Rabbi, who convinced Oliver Cromwell to allow the Jews to Return to England after their banishment from that country four centuries previously.

Manasseh was fully convinced of the authenticity of the Sambatyon legend. He wrote in his book that all think that the Ten Tribes dwelled beyond this Sabbatical river. He cites many authorities in support of his belief including the statement of Josephus that Titus himself had seen the river. Later on, after his meetings with a remarkable missionary, the Marrano Jew (Jew who was forced to convert to Christianity in Spain and Portugal), Antonio de Montezinus, he became fully convinced that the American Indians constituted some of the Ten Lost Tribes of Israel.

Manasseh heard a very remarkable thing from Montezinus that in 1642 when Montezinus was deep into the mountainous wilderness of Ecuador, he met with four Indians who greeted him with "Shema Israel" which is the traditional creed of Israelites beginning with "Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one!" (Deuteronomy 6:4). He claimed that he spoke with them in Hebrew and claimed they were from the Lost Tribe of Reuben and Levi.

Through the conversation with Montezinus, Rabbi Manase Ben Israel was convinced that the American Indians were from several tribes of the Lost Tribes of Israel. He wrote on Dec. 23, 1649, in a letter to John Drury, the Puritan divine, "I think the Ten Tribes lived not only there in America, but also in other lands scattered everywhere, these never did come back to the second temple, and they keep to this day still the Jewish religion seeing that all the prophecies which speak of the bringing back into their native soil must be fulfilled."

Menorah Was Found in South America

As for the Indians in South America and the Lost Tribes of Israel, there was an interesting article in a newspaper published in Israel (Maariv, Dec 31, 1974) as follows:

In 1587, a Jesuit Nicholas Delttsu was sent to South America by the king of Spain to convert the Indians. In Argentina, he found a tribe with Hebrew names, Abraham, David, Moshe, etc.. When he asked them if they were circumcised, they answered, "Yes, just as our ancestors." In the same area were found knives of stone used for circumcision. Sharpened stone knives are cited in the Bible as used for circumcision.

Of equal interest is the recent find of a tribe in Argentina related to the Incas of Peru. On a stone tablet were found 3 commandments - "Do not steal." "Do not lie." and "Do not murder." Scholars concluded that these commandments come from the Ten Commandments of Moses but existed hundreds of years before the Spaniards arrived.

And in 1974 in the same area, round stones were found with Hebrew Menorah (candlestick with 7 arms of ancient Israel) on the stone, and on the side is written in Aramaic, Pascha (Passover). Aramaic is an ancient language which ancient Israelites used and this itself means very old.
A few meters away was found a long stone in the shape of a brick with an engraving of a boat (the emblem of Zevulun is ship) with the word Tzipora (the same name as the wife of Moses and one of names of Israelites. The name of the ship?) written on it. Does this mean that they came here on boat? Scholars believe it is 3000 years old.

• 3 weeks later...

I keep thinking about what President Nelson said in April 2019:

“ As President of His Church, I plead with you who have distanced yourselves from the Church and with you who have not yet really sought to know that the Savior’s Church has been restored. Do the spiritual work to find out for yourselves, and please do it now. Time is running out .”

I have been getting promptings from the Holy Spirit that some judgments and violence are going to come upon us in the United States.  I do not know when.

From what I have heard there are some violent uprisings being wickedly planned for the November 2020 elections.  Get your own revelations from the LORD on what you need to do to prepare.  I think Saints and neighbors are going to need to lean on each other for support in days ahead.

And I hope I am wrong in my timeline predictions.  I hate violence and chaos and do not want to see it.

• 2 weeks later...

How would you reply if a stalwart, straight as an arrow family member of yours who was a former bishop and now resides in the stake presidency texted you this.

"We believe that non-members can receive visions too, so, not to scare you but to be better prepared, we as members always knew this was coming but I just didnt know so soon!"

Interesting.... I am a non-member and after praying and asking Jesus if I was supposed to be baptized LDS I got several really clear messages..... 

I am supposed to assist you Latter day Saints to connect with Jews...... especially with Jews living in Israel.... .and I am supposed to assist you to connect with Pentecostals.... my wife is a gifted Pentecostal.... and I am supposed to introduce you even to Atheists and Agnostics........

The following poll is me attempting to follow the near video like visions in my heads as I attempt to obey what I perceive to be the leadings of the Holy Spirit??????

Note.. this is on a Secular discussion forum.... on a subforum entitled.... Religion and Philosophy....  feel free to delete this post if it is inappropriate for your forum... .many forums do not want links to other forums but.....  this is a sincere introduction for you as a possible outreach to mostly Agnostics and Atheists.... and some non LDS... but at least one LDS member has replied already several times.....   Your prayers are sought about this as well..... I am just getting started......  (God willing)..... 

http://www.politicalforum.com/index.php?threads/latter-day-saints-the-mormons-my-analysis-so-far.536387/

Latter Day Saints, The Mormons, my analysis so far!

Are Latter Days Saints, Mormons, Christians?

1. *

Yes

8 vote(s)
    66.7%

No

4 vote(s)
    33.3%

Perhaps.... .I will research this further.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

You will likely be kind of shocked how many positive comments you got there from non Latter day Saints who found you to be amazingly friendly..... .non-judgemental...... welcoming.....  hard working  and honest.........  not to mention well read and well informed..... .and that you even had senses of humour............ (often something lacking in zealous Christians). 

Edited by DennisTate
add comments.... for clarity....

On 10/7/2020 at 2:08 AM, Still_Small_Voice said:

“ As President of His Church, I plead with you who have distanced yourselves from the Church and with you who have not yet really sought to know that the Savior’s Church has been restored. Do the spiritual work to find out for yourselves, and please do it now. Time is running out .”

I have been getting promptings from the Holy Spirit that some judgments and violence are going to come upon us in the United States.  I do not know when.

From what I have heard there are some violent uprisings being wickedly planned for the November 2020 elections.  Get your own revelations from the LORD on what you need to do to prepare.  I think Saints and neighbors are going to need to lean on each other for support in days ahead.

And I hope I am wrong in my timeline predictions.  I hate violence and chaos and do not want to see it.

I am of the belief that a zealous Pentecostal pastor named Mr. David Wilkerson wrote a book back around 1973 that is highly relevant to all Latter day Saints.

For one thing... and Exodus from major USA cities does seem to be happening right now in 2020.......

"There will be a sudden rush to buy farms, ranches, and homes in the country.

Thousands will attempt to flee from cities, hoping that a return to the land and

nature will provide security. There will be a growing urge to "get away from it

all"---and much money will be invested in land and acreage in rural areas by

people who have secret dreams of raising their own food and cattle and of

becoming self-supporting. The price of open rural land will continue to soar.

Acreage within 100 miles of most major cities will skyrocket out of reach to

all but syndicates." (David Wilkerson, The Vision, page 18,19).

Would you be so kind as to take a second or two or three and repost your post in full over to this other discussion because I have a lot to say in reply........ a lot.......

On 9/6/2020 at 11:34 AM, laronius said:

We don't believe in multiple mortal probations. It is not taught in our scriptures or by any of our prophets and anyone teaching such a doctrine is not who you should be listening to to understand our doctrine.

Here is how we are reaching out to the nation of Israel: we teach the fullness of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. Sadly, as scriptural prophecy indicates they will not embrace the truth as a nation until He comes again and saves them from their enemies.

But..... from what I have read it was taught by Prophet Joseph Smith and /  or Mr. Brigham Young but then as the LDS church branched and separated..... some groups of Latter day Saints tended to keep on talking about it and other abandoned it due to it sounding too much like reincarnation.  In 2020 you LDS are looking at a whole new type of outreach to Israel where discussion of the Gilgul Cycle and / or Multiple Mortal Probations has what could be termed Artistic Value.... and Diplomatic Value....... and even potential Educational Value....... assuming at least some validity to the Dr. Ian Stevenson research????????????

To the degree that this discussion is flawed due to my ignorance... my apologies... but this topic has potential in spite of errors in it.....

On 8/9/2020 at 7:44 PM, priesthoodpower said:

November is the end of the world folks! LOL!

I am sure that you are speaking metaphorically..............

but yes.... November 2020 could be a whole new shift that could astound the whole world...... as we take a major step toward the vision given to former Atheist Howard Storm back in 1985 that.......... could be significantly adopted even in 2021.........

https://www.near-death.com/religion/christianity/howard-storm.html#a04

Science, technology, and other benefits, they told me, had been gifts bestowed on humanity by them - through inspiration. People had literally been led to those discoveries, many of which had later been perverted by humanity to use for its own destruction.

We could do too much damage to the planet. And by the planet, they meant all of God's creation. Not just the people, but the animals, the trees, the birds, the insects, everything.

They explained to me that their concern was for all the people of the world. They weren't interested in one group getting ahead of other groups. They want every person to consider every other person greater than their own flesh. They want everyone to love everyone else, completely; more, even, than they love themselves. If someone, someplace else in the world hurts, than we should hurt we should feel their pain. And we should help them. Our planet has evolved to the point, for the first time in our history, that we have the power to do that. We are globally linked. And we could become one people.

The people that they gave the privilege of leading the world into a better age, blew it. That was us, in the United States.

When I spoke with them about the future, and this might sound like a cop-out on my part, they made clear to me that we have free will.

If we change the way we are, then we can change the future which they showed me. They showed me a view of the future, at the time of my experience, based upon how we in the United States were behaving at that time. It was a future in which a massive worldwide depression would occur. If we were to change our behavior, however, then the future would be different.

Asking them how it would be possible to change the course of many people, I observed that it was difficult, if not impossible, to change anything on Earth. I expressed the opinion that it was a hopeless task to try.

My friends explained, quite clearly, that all it takes to make a change was one person. One person, trying, and then because of that, another person changing for the better. They said that the only way to change the world was to begin with one person. One will become two, which will become three, and so on. That's the only way to affect a major change.

I inquired as to where the world would be going in an optimistic future one where some of the changes they desired were to take place.

The image of the future that they gave me then, and it was their image, not one that I created, surprised me. My image had previously been sort of like Star Wars, where everything was space age, plastics, and technology.

The future that they showed me was almost no technology at all. What everybody, absolutely everybody, in this euphoric future spent most of their time doing was raising children. The chief concern of people was children, and everybody considered children to be the most precious commodity in the world.

And when a person became an adult, there was no sense of anxiety, nor hatred, nor competition.

There was this enormous sense of trust and mutual respect. If a person, in this view of the future, became disturbed, then the community of people all cared about the disturbed person falling away from the harmony of the group. Spiritually, through prayer and love, the others would elevate the afflicted person.

What people did with the rest of their time was that they gardened, with almost no physical effort. They showed me that plants, with prayer, would produce huge fruits and vegetables.

People, in unison, could control the climate of the planet through prayer. Everybody would work with mutual trust and the people would call the rain, when needed, and the sun to shine.

On 8/9/2020 at 7:44 PM, priesthoodpower said:

November is the end of the world folks! LOL!

Near death experiencer and author Robert Mendelson prayed, (I believe it would have been 1992 or 1993).... and asked if The Book of Mormon was one of Creator's books and was told that YES... it was.......

Mr. Robert Mendelson is a possible major, major, major , major Elijah type of person for 2021.........

You should all now do some homework and:

... some of you may wish to connect with me on Facebook.... because author and near death experiencer Mr. Robert Mendelson is a friend of mine there and......  time is of the essence..... and millions ...... even billions of lives are at stake.........  (not to mention much cattle as was shown to Jonah).........

• 2 weeks later...

This statement fits with the English translation of Joel......

that is available to us in 2020.

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/scriptures/ot/joel/2?lang=eng

28  And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will apour out my bspirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall cprophesy, your dold men shall edream dreams, your young men shall see fvisions:

29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.

30 And I will shew awonders in the bheavens and in the earth, blood, and cfire, and pillars of smoke.

31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into ablood, before the great and the terrible bday of the Lord come.

32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall acall on the name of bthe Lord shall be cdelivered: for in dmount eZion and in fJerusalem shall be gdeliverance, as the Lord hath said, and in the hremnant whom the Lord shall icall.

All flesh.... would include non Latter day Saints.....

frankly all flesh... would even include animals, birds and fish!  One near death experience in six involves a meeting with a previously deceased pet according to Dr. Ken Ring.  

• pam unfeatured this topic
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/9/2020 at 4:39 PM, priesthoodpower said:

I believe that at this point in time (December 2nd) we can say with authority - this particular non-member vision was not from G-d.  Your straight as an arrow family member ought to apologize for their complicity to the fraud. 

The Traveler