I apologize

Traveler

I realize that I am the last poster on many threads.  I do not intend or want to be the one with the last word.  For that I apologize.  However, we seem to be in an era and time when a number of great minds are not posting (or even prevented from posting).  So rather than leaving something unsaid - I have posted.  If anyone is offended that I have been the last word on so many threads - please take action and do not leave me as the one hanging with the final post on a thread.

The Traveler

50 minutes ago, seashmore said:

You will not be the last word in this thread.

Challenge accepted.

56 minutes ago, Traveler said:

I realize that I am the last poster on many threads.  I do not intend or want to be the one with the last word.  For that I apologize.  However, we seem to be in an era and time when a number of great minds are not posting (or even prevented from posting).  So rather than leaving something unsaid - I have posted.  If anyone is offended that I have been the last word on so many threads - please take action and do not leave me as the one hanging with the final post on a thread.

The Traveler

20 hours ago, Traveler said:

The Traveler

I must confess - I do sometimes come to this forum to "have a winge", but I'm glad there are people like you to make sure that my "winges" don't go unchallenged. 😁

7 hours ago, Traveler said:

Crap - now I have to apologize again - will this never end???!!!!

The Traveler 

*Evil laughing*  Why, no. It will never end!  *More evil laughing*  It is part of my evil plot to make you apologize for all minuscule infractions, real or imagined.

Wait... Did I say that out loud? Ummm... I will now attempt to distract you with.....

ADORABLE KITTENS!!

image.jpeg.2cb5ed62e74daf42bfe15df4f7c21b54.jpeg

1 hour ago, Connie said:

*Evil laughing*  Why, no. It will never end!  *More evil laughing*  It is part of my evil plot to make you apologize for all minuscule infractions, real or imagined.

Wait... Did I say that out loud? Ummm... I will now attempt to distract you with.....

ADORABLE KITTENS!!

Adorable is in the eyes of the beholder.  Hopefully they will grow up to fulfill their created destiny  - like eating rats and mice.  BTW - Did you know that it is the (adorable?) nature of adult males to kill any little kittens that are not their offspring?

The Traveler

27 minutes ago, Traveler said:

BTW - Did you know that it is the (adorable?) nature of adult males to kill any little kittens that are not their offspring?

Some of the big cats I believe do that, but not felis catus. Or at least its extremely rare.

P.S. Pest control is why the cat was originally domesticated. If they didn't kill rats and mice, we would probably never have become our pets.

Edited by Jamie123

2 hours ago, Traveler said:

Very rare when they are adorably neutered.

The Traveler 

I've never heard of an non-neutered one doing it either. I believe you're thinking of tigers.

Also a typical litter of kittens can include the offspring of several different toms.

P.S. It seems actually there is an element of truth to this: https://www.metaphoricalplatypus.com/articles/animals/cats/pregnant-cats-and-kittens/will-tom-cats-kill-kittens/#:~:text=Tom cat responses to kittens,area and competition is intense. However, I've known feral and farm cat colonies where the kittens were tolerated by the adult males. In fact, in one cat colony at a farm I once visited, the adults worked together to protect the kittens from raccoons. (Sadly I was told the raccoons did pick off a fair few kittens each year, but enough always survived to adulthood to keep the colony going.)

Edited by Jamie123

25 minutes ago, Jamie123 said:

I've never heard of an non-neutered one doing it either. I believe you're thinking of tigers.

Also a typical litter of kittens can include the offspring of several different toms.

P.S. It seems actually there is an element of truth to this: https://www.metaphoricalplatypus.com/articles/animals/cats/pregnant-cats-and-kittens/will-tom-cats-kill-kittens/#:~:text=Tom cat responses to kittens,area and competition is intense. However, I've known feral and farm cat colonies where the kittens were tolerated by the adult males. In fact, in one cat colony at a farm I once visited, the adults worked together to protect the kittens from raccoons. (Sadly I was told the raccoons did pick off a fair few kittens each year, but enough always survived to adulthood to keep the colony going.)

I had a very traumatic experience when I was a young girl of about 4 or 5 years of age. My parents had just given me two cute, adorable kittens. I still remember their coloring—brown and caramel tabbies. We lived on a dairy farm, so of course these were outdoor cats. One morning I went outside to play with my kittens. When I got to their “nest”, I saw that their heads had been torn off! I screamed and screamed! My parents came running, thinking something terrible had happened to me. I was devastated. My parents said it was most likely a tom cat that had killed them. This has stuck with me for over 60 years.

42 minutes ago, Connie said:

I would like to take this opportunity to point the finger at Traveler for taking such a dark turn to a simple picture of adorable kittens. And not so subtly suggest that he apologize to classylady for dredging up such a traumatic memory.

Who Is Emperor Palpatine in Star Wars? | POPSUGAR Entertainment

It would seem that those desiring an apology from me need to get in the back of a very long line - for which I guess I must apologize for as well  😨

The Traveler

3 minutes ago, Connie said:

🤣 Thanks for being such a good sport, Traveler. It was a perfect setup, and I couldn't resist. 🤣

It was both interesting and fun to play 100% defense and see where you would go with it.  I am glad you found some amusement as well.  😎

The Traveler

12 hours ago, Connie said:

ADORABLE KITTENS!!

Why would you post kittens on National Dog Day?