Testimony of the 3 witnesses

Jonah

Would someone clarify this section.

"And in addition to your testimony, the testimony of three of my servants, whom I shall call 
and ordain, unto whom I will show these things, and they shall go forth with my words that 
are given through you.

Yea, they shall know of a surety that these things are true, for from heaven will I declare 
it unto them.

I will give them power that they may behold and view these things as they are;

And to none else will I grant this power, to receive this same testimony among this generation, 
in this the beginning of the rising up and the coming forth of my church out of the wilderness-
clear as the moon, and fair as the sun, and terrible as an army with banners".

What power did the 3 servants have that the others did not?

53 minutes ago, Jonah said:

Would someone clarify this section.

"And in addition to your testimony, the testimony of three of my servants, whom I shall call 
and ordain, unto whom I will show these things, and they shall go forth with my words that 
are given through you.

Yea, they shall know of a surety that these things are true, for from heaven will I declare 
it unto them.

I will give them power that they may behold and view these things as they are;

And to none else will I grant this power, to receive this same testimony among this generation, 
in this the beginning of the rising up and the coming forth of my church out of the wilderness-
clear as the moon, and fair as the sun, and terrible as an army with banners".

What power did the 3 servants have that the others did not?

Back in verse 3 the Lord reminded Joseph of the covenant he made not to show the gold plates to anyone except those whom the Lord designated. Here the Lord says there are 3 witnesses whose testimonies will go forth with the text of the Book of Mormon. You can read about their experience here. In addition to these 3 witnesses, there were another 8 chosen to see the plates and their experience is recorded here.