If you inherited 5 million dollars

pam

I'm joking about all this of course. What I'd really do if I had that kind of money is sell our house (along with its wonky garage door) and buy a large luxury bungalow, so my wife (who suffers from arthritis) wouldn't need to go up and down stairs. I'd also have a large indoor swimming pool so she could exercise easily. I'd also take her on a cruise - a long cruise on a very large and luxurious boat. We'd definitely go to Venice at some point, and ride in a gondola. I'd then take her to Memphis Tennessee to the Grand Old Opry (though obviously not by boat) and to Utah, and somehow arrange for her to meet her hero and heroine Donny and Marie Osmond. I'd offer to put my older daughter (actually stepdaughter, but she's like my daughter) through college - but since I doubt she'd want that, I'd give her the money anyway and let her chose how to spend it herself. I'd set up a college fund for my younger daughter. When the time came, I'd give each girl exactly the wedding she wanted.

And then I'd bribe someone to go to boring faculty meetings for me...