Hey Everyone

Guest Daniel M. Elliott

Guest Daniel M. Elliott

I guess I'm another refugee from the MA&D board. I tended to lurk mostly because saw a lot of circular discussions. But when I feel I have something to add I'm not shy about jumping in. Especially when the conversation is actually going somewhere.

As for me. I live on a small farm in Indiana but I make a living as a software engineer in downtown Indy. I have a wonderful wife and three very energetic children. Though I get to spend a lot of time online it's usually during "business hours". My evenings and weekends are ussually spent with my wife and kids doing farm projects and working with our horses. Which frankly is more fun but the IT field pays more. What can I say. I'm a capitalist. B)

I'm a convert to the church and have the absolute best calling, short of being a full time missionary, because I get to work with the Young Men. I have to "sacrifice" by constantly telling mission stories, going out camping, spend one day a week and part of Sunday with a bunch of teenagers doing crazy things like canoing, hiking, or playing some kind of sport. (Which I'm usually bad at but provides lots of entertainment for the youth)

All in all heavenly Father has blessed me greatly and I realize it every day.

Daniel Elliott

<snip>

I'm a convert to the church and have the absolute best calling, short of being a full time missionary, because I get to work with the Young Men. I have to "sacrifice" by constantly telling mission stories, going out camping, spend one day a week and part of Sunday with a bunch of teenagers doing crazy things like canoing, hiking, or playing some kind of sport. (Which I'm usually bad at but provides lots of entertainment for the youth)

Daniel Elliott

Ah, you got it right!! I loved the time I spent in the YM org. Hated it when I needed to move out of state (in my new ward they put me in as HP assistant - not at all as enjoyable :mellow: ).

HiJolly

I guess I'm another refugee from the MA&D board. I tended to lurk mostly because saw a lot of circular discussions. But when I feel I have something to add I'm not shy about jumping in. Especially when the conversation is actually going somewhere.

As for me. I live on a small farm in Indiana but I make a living as a software engineer in downtown Indy. I have a wonderful wife and three very energetic children. Though I get to spend a lot of time online it's usually during "business hours". My evenings and weekends are ussually spent with my wife and kids doing farm projects and working with our horses. Which frankly is more fun but the IT field pays more. What can I say. I'm a capitalist. B)

Daniel Elliott

Takes a special person to work with teenagers...I didn't like teenagers even when I was one. Love mine tho

Pa Pa ;)

Daniel Elliott

Daniel

Welcome

I enjoyed the many years i spent in the youth programs but right now I am not sure I could keep up with them any more. Some of my Boy Scouts are now Bishops and leaders of youth. It is great when they grow up and can take ones place so we can go on to other things. I enjoy my calling as a Temple worker and was just called as an assitant to the High Priest Group Leader. It is easier than being a Bishop or Branch President. I had each of these callings twice so can speak from experience. I did enjoy them, however.

Larry P