Should POTUS/Senate push through SCOTUS judge?

prisonchaplain

On 9/20/2020 at 10:41 PM, prisonchaplain said:

I'm torn, but thinking that any semblance of decency, respect and cooperation between opposing sides is gone . Many religious leaders are expecting persecution, either following November's election, or a few years later. At least having one more judge in place will delay some of the trials/tribulations to come. :::sigh:::

Yes..... this election could be contested and a ninth Supreme Court Justice will be needed to make final decisions that must be made in order to maintain some semblance of order beginning November 4.  

I am extremely optimistic at this time and I feel that a prediction published in the 1890's is about to come to pass.  I feel that the national debt of the USA is soon to be revealed to be significantly a practical joke played on three hundred and thirty million people ninety plus percent of whom do not understand the foundational principles of economics very well.  In other words... important aspects of Isaiah chapter forty five are coming to pass in 2020 and 2021!

"And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.
And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do." (Genesis 11)

Ecclesiastes 10:19
"A feast is made for laughter, and wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things. "

President Abraham Lincoln and JFK attempted to address this issue and we know what happened to them!

On 10/7/2020 at 1:22 PM, Lindy said:

Good post PC!

After some reading about making DC a state (sometime back) ..... it is written somewhere in the Constitution about the area of our nation's capitol (federal district?)  cannot belong to a state, it has to be it's own entity.  Not that it would stop the Dems for trying....it's like what you said "meant to be bent to their will".... they don't seem to take the Constitution seriously.  I'm sure that the rest of DC could incorporate into a state....  but I'm sure it would require a Constitutional Amendment. 

Also @prisonchaplain As much as I appreciate and respect the law I also realize that such things must be interpreted and enforced by people - thus it is not the laws that define a nation but the bureaucrats and officials that define a nation; even more so than the citizens.  I believe that at least to some degree all government workers fear the masses that are the citizens.  Either to the point that they attempt to deceive the masses, attempt to control them or appease their wishes.  In my past experiences of working "inside" political parties weather it be Democrat or Republican - there are preset agendas that are considered of greater import than of the citizens in general.  

But I also ponder why it is that the citizens of this country are so divided on party lines and talking points.  It seems that the rank and file Democrats want and desire the same things as the rank and file Republicans but both fear the party elites  (of the other party) are abusing the law to accomplish their agenda.  For example the Democrats believe the executive orders of President Trump ignore the separation of powers.  The Republicans believe the Democratically controlled house has committed treason with unverified accusations used to justify attempts to impeach the president.   I personally believe that stage has been set that regardless of the outcome of the upcoming election - that one or the other political party will cry foul and that this nation will become more subject to chaos than to just law.

The Traveler

5 hours ago, Traveler said:

But I also ponder why it is that the citizens of this country are so divided on party lines and talking points.  It seems that the rank and file Democrats want and desire the same things as the rank and file Republicans but both fear the party elites  (of the other party) are abusing the law to accomplish their agenda.  For example the Democrats believe the executive orders of President Trump ignore the separation of powers.  The Republicans believe the Democratically controlled house has committed treason with unverified accusations used to justify attempts to impeach the president.   I personally believe that stage has been set that regardless of the outcome of the upcoming election - that one or the other political party will cry foul and that this nation will become more subject to chaos than to just law.

I agree with you to a degree Traveler, but it seems that the party elites are the big problem for the Democratic Party. I think the citizens  of our country have chosen a side that they agree with, and the best talking points that they hear. I choose the Republican Party because they stand for more of what I believe in than the Dems do.  And it's not the same Democratic Party as it used to be, it has grown to incorporate a lot more immoral, unjust and to be frank.... scary ideals.. My dad was a Democrat all his life, we had numerous talks and mini debates about politics and he enjoyed our little political chats. I learned a lot from them also. 

After Obama was elected, the people I know who did not vote for him didn't riot, didn't destroy, loot or maim. We would have rather he not have won, but figured that the Lord had a purpose for putting him in office. After Trump won in 2016, chaos broke out and the liberals went nuts. And that is what they are planning to do again if Trump wins another term in office. They have vowed to create mayhem worse than before. Where if Biden wins.... we will go to work and know that God has a plan. I don't foresee any riots, looting or destruction because things might not turn out the way the Republicans wanted.       

And I think that our nation will become more subject to chaos due to the last days prior to the Second Coming, with those who have sided with the minions of Satan because things didn't turn out their way, and they need to riot, destroy and hurt someone to prove how pathetic they are. Satan will use whoever he can to create chaos and mayhem. 

Edited by Lindy
clarification

• 2 weeks later...

Justice Barrett will interpret the Constitution, rather than legislating a Trumpian, or even conservative agenda. Justices nominated by the apparent POTUS-elect would be much more prone to legislating in ways that many people of faith would find troubling. Now that it appears we have a new President on the horizon I, like @Emmanuel Goldstein, am glad that her nomination was pushed through.

On 11/8/2020 at 1:55 PM, Emmanuel Goldstein said:

Especially now the the demon-crats have seemingly stolen the election. 

You do know what the scriptures say about false accusers?

• pam unfeatured this topic