Trump COVID19 positive

Guest Scott

It is my belief that the more we understand COVID and how and who it effects - the less we are concerned of it.  Unless, of course we are among those that are at greatest risk - and then the truth is that they have other concerns about their health that are as great - or greater - then COVID.

The Traveler

Well, not the President, but just informed 3 of my students had it in class (at least two had symptoms but chose not to be tested prior and to still come to class).  Unsure of what's happening next, but most likely I'm going into isolation (will see everyone in a few weeks I suppose) and finding out if they are going to test everyone in the class (they've done it with others) within the next two days.

It seems many of the students who came (they had the choice to not attend in person this semester) have not taken it seriously.  I HOPE I don't have it this time around.

I'm not sure how the President is doing in truth.  He's been doped up on a steroid known to make people manic.  He's probably feeling pretty awesome right now, but it also suppresses the immune system, so he might be worse off than he actually feels.  He was breathing rather hard on a video yesterday, which could indicate that he doesn't realize how far it's progressing (or he could be doing just fine and it was just the appearance of the video).

If it's just the drug making him feel good at this point, and he's worse off than he actually feels, he could be heading into a very serious case within the next few days as well.

Anyways, say prayers that I'm not infected and/or that most of the class tests negative if they get us all tested.

When Trump and his wife got Wuhan Coronavirus I thought that they would both likely recover from it within a few weeks because they would get such good health care.  More and more people in America are also surviving this virus because they have discovered how to treat this disease.  Most people were making full recoveries from it anyway before they gained even more knowledge about it.

16 hours ago, JohnsonJones said:

I'm not sure how the President is doing in truth.

The left repeatedly pushes and pushes the President to denounce hate groups at every turn.
The moment he and his wife get Covid, the left explodes wishing nothing but death upon them both.

Who is the actual hate group?

P.S. prayers that you're not infected JJ😉

Edited by NeedleinA

The left repeatedly pushes and pushes the President to denounce hate groups at every turn.

Wishful thinking,  what Trump does not say speaks louder than words. Having said that, I hope he recovers very soon and IF he loses the election he can be mature enough to accept the defeat.

On another note...the fly was the star tonight. Harris was great (she wasn't going to put up with being interrupted). Pence had some good moments as well.

Edit: Trump is NOT going to debate Biden (in person) next Thursday, right? If so, can someone PLEASE remind POTUS that he has COVID-19? And who in the right mind would allow this?

Edited by Suzie

26 minutes ago, Suzie said:

On another note...the fly was the star tonight. Harris was great (she wasn't going to put up with being interrupted). Pence had some good moments as well.

Harris was a lying piece of crap, as expected. That woman makes any decent human being's skin crawl.

CNN's post-debate claim was that the time for each was almost exactly equal, within three seconds. (Other sources have Harris with as much as three minutes more time than Pence.) Yet how many times did you hear the "unbiased" moderator shut Pence up vs. shut Harris up?

41 minutes ago, Suzie said:

On another note...the fly was the star tonight. Harris was great (she wasn't going to put up with being interrupted).

And unsurprisingly, Harris' "not putting up with being interrupted" occurred exactly when she was refusing to answer Pence's direct question about whether she would pack the court if elected. A lying piece of crap. Pence even called her out for her "non-answer", but the lying piece of crap just laughed, knowing that the moderator, the media, and the fawning partisan swooners the world over would never hold her to account.

Edited by Vort

13 minutes ago, Suzie said:

Wishful thinking,  what Trump does not say speaks louder than words. 

Even when he does denounce them, the media suffers from intentional amnesia, only to demand he do it again and again and .... wait for it...yet again.
These two are conservative comedians but the clips of Trump repetitively denouncing hate groups begins at 2:24

14 minutes ago, Vort said:

Pence's direct question about whether she would pack the court if elected. A lying piece of crap. Pence even called her out for her "non-answer",

Once again, she ducked that question like it was a flaming dodgeball covered with the Chinese virus.
Felt like what she did not say spoke louder than words.

21 hours ago, Vort said:

Harris was a lying piece of crap, as expected. That woman makes any decent human being's skin crawl. 

CNN's post-debate claim was that the time for each was almost exactly equal, within three seconds. (Other sources have Harris with as much as three minutes more time than Pence.) Yet how many times did you hear the "unbiased" moderator shut Pence up vs. shut Harris up?

What a distasteful comment to make about someone Vort, a "lying piece of crap". Quite an emotional response coming from you.

Pence couldn't stop talking at certain points no matter how many times the moderator told him his time was up. She even had to remind him of the rules they agreed on for the debate.

22 hours ago, Vort said:

And unsurprisingly, Harris' "not putting up with being interrupted" occurred exactly when she was refusing to answer Pence's direct question about whether she would pack the court if elected. A lying piece of crap. Pence even called her out for her "non-answer", but the lying piece of crap just laughed, knowing that the moderator, the media, and the fawning partisan swooners the world over would never hold her to account.

Vort, you are now sounding like you dated Harris in high-school and she dumped you. (j/k, not really)

If we are going to talk about Harris dodging some questions..are we going to talk about Pence as well? What is good for the goose....

29 minutes ago, Suzie said:

Pence couldn't stop talking at certain points no matter how many times the moderator told him his time was up. She even had to remind him of the rules they agreed on for the debate.

Then given that Harris had an advantage in time talking, or at worst they had equal time, perhaps you can explain why the moderator was constantly trying to cut off Pence but only rarely Harris.

24 minutes ago, Suzie said:

Vort, you are now sounding like you dated Harris in high-school and she dumped you.

What can I say? You caught me.

25 minutes ago, Suzie said:

If we are going to talk about Harris dodging some questions..are we going to talk about Pence as well?

Have we been talking about Harris dodging questions? I must have missed your contributions.

Vort, before I answer your post I would like to state the following: It is quite clear that I am not a fan of the Trump administration, but having said that I don't think Biden was the right choice as a candidate for the dems, anyone watching him speak would understand why. It is very concerning to me that he could even be considered for the job but then again you have Trump as a president... BUT my dislike or like (if that was the case) for any of these candidates doesn't mean I will be unfair or blind to what exactly took place during these debates. The first one was a circus thanks to no other than POTUS.

Then given that Harris had an advantage in time talking, or at worst they had equal time, perhaps you can explain why the moderator was constantly trying to cut off Pence but only rarely Harris.

Vort, I am sure you watched the debate. Pence repeatedly exceeded his allotted time compared to Harris. She did it as well of course, but no way as many times as Pence did. That's a fact. Just like the president, it seems he doesn't like to follow the rules he agreed on before this debate. Imagine the moderator has to be tell you that your allotted time is over, not just once but over and over and over again when it is clear that you have no intentions of respecting the time that was given to you. Hence, the moderator had no choice but to cut off Pence when he clearly didn't  want to stop.

Have we been talking about Harris dodging questions? I must have missed your contributions.

Harris dodged a few important questions, it was frustrating. The China issue and Biden acting like a hippie back in the 60's is very concerning to me. But let's be clear and state that Pence also dodged a few questions and I think we need to be honest here because both did it during the debate.

Having said all of this, I enjoyed this debate compared to the first one. 

Edited by Suzie
typos

30 minutes ago, Suzie said:

Vort, I am sure you watched the debate. Pence repeatedly exceeded his allotted time compared to Harris. She did it as well of course, but no way as many times as Pence did. That's a fact. Just like the president, it seems he doesn't like to follow the rules he agreed on before this debate. Imagine the moderator has to be tell you that your allotted time is over, not just once but over and over and over again when it is clear that you have no intentions of respecting the time that was given to you. Hence, the moderator had no choice but to cut off Pence when he clearly didn't  want to stop.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/campaign/520177-harris-and-pence-spoke-for-about-the-same-amount-of-time-during-debate%3famp

and

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.statista.com/chart/amp/23137/minutes-spoken-in-the-vice-presidential-debate/

Pence is awful, he stole a whole 1 1/2 second from Harris.

Imagine how the statistics would have turned out if Pence did not interrupt.

Edited by Fether

55 minutes ago, Fether said:

Interesting...  Most of the women that I have heard from who watched the debate (even those pro Pence) think he really did not do himself any favors.  Objectively you can point to the time being equal even with the interruptions... But a man interrupting a woman (no matter how justified) simply does not play well.  Men might be perfectly OK with it, but half the vote is women and you have to take that into consideration.  An idea/paradox  that any Husband should be familiar with.

50 minutes ago, estradling75 said:

But a man interrupting a woman (no matter how justified) simply does not play well.  Men might be perfectly OK with it, but half the vote is women and you have to take that into consideration.  An idea/paradox  that any Husband should be familiar with.

I guess I’m confused now. Was this a date? Or a debate?

If this were a date then yes, Pence blew it. But I believe this was a debate. Had Harris been a male, the interruptions would have been equal in number assuming the comments were equally interruptible.

Edited by Fether

11 minutes ago, Fether said:

I guess I’m confused now. Was this a date? Or a debate?

If this were a date then yes, Pence blew it. But I believe this was a debate. Had Harris been a male, the interruptions would have been equal in number assuming the comments were equally interruptible.

Because you think like a man... (So do I so that is not intended as a dig).

Historically Women have been oppressed for a very long time... Its taken a lot of effort to swing that pendulum toward equally... But as the Presidential Debate showed men do not always treat each other very nice either.  Sadly women do not see this, or they see it but still believe/hope they can get all the advantaged of begin treated like a man but none of the downsides.  This is not a rational or logical position but rather an extremely emotional one.  No matter who is doing it is very human to want all the advantages and none of the disadvantages of what is expected of you.  And to only see all the advantages and none of the disadvantages that others face.

29 minutes ago, estradling75 said:

Because you think like a man... (So do I so that is not intended as a dig).

I guess your right, Trump didn’t interrupt Biden nearly as much as pence interrupted Harris. Probably because Harris is a woman 

2 hours ago, estradling75 said:

Interesting...  Most of the women that I have heard from who watched the debate (even those pro Pence) think he really did not do himself any favors.  Objectively you can point to the time being equal even with the interruptions... But a man interrupting a woman (no matter how justified) simply does not play well.  Men might be perfectly OK with it, but half the vote is women and you have to take that into consideration.  An idea/paradox  that any Husband should be familiar with.

Some folks toyed with this dynamic after the last election:

https://www.nyu.edu/about/news-publications/news/2017/march/trump-clinton-debates-gender-reversal.html

Edited by Just_A_Guy

On 10/7/2020 at 11:32 PM, NeedleinA said:

Even when he does denounce them, the media suffers from intentional amnesia, only to demand he do it again and again and .... wait for it...yet again.
These two are conservative comedians but the clips of Trump repetitively denouncing hate groups begins at 2:24

I LOVE these guys.  I have followed them for quite some time now.  

1 hour ago, Fether said:

I guess your right, Trump didn’t interrupt Biden nearly as much as pence interrupted Harris. Probably because Harris is a woman 

I don't care if it's a man or a woman.  If that person is lying and trying to make you look bad..then by all means.