Trump COVID19 positive

Guest Scott

1 hour ago, pam said:

I don't care if it's a man or a woman.  If that person is lying and trying to make you look bad..then by all means.  

My only complaint was the suggestion that it was a gender issue. I agree 100% that one should not interrupt another nor make up facts to defame another.

I'm grateful for the presidential and VP debates.  Because although one was a playground brawl, and the other a better-behaved brawl, it gives us all clarity on something that should be kept in the spotlight:  Both VP Biden and Senator Harris have, every single time they've been given the opportunity, absolutely, openly, transparently, flat out REFUSED to say they won't seek to pack the court if elected.  There can only be one reason for this repetitive, consistent behavior:

A Biden/Harris presidency will seek to work with a democrat-held congress to increase the number of Supreme Court justices, in order to forward their political ends.

It seems to me at this stage of the game, such a thing would be a deal-breaker for someone not wanting to find new ways to play politics with the Supreme Court.   If you care about this enough, it seems like you'd have to abandon the Biden/Harris ticket on principle.  I know something about this, having jumped ship and refused to vote for Trump in the last election, on the principle that Trump was a loudmouth divisive bully of low character.  I believe many principled lefties (and of course they exist) will not vote Biden/Harris over this issue.

On 10/9/2020 at 1:27 PM, NeuroTypical said:

flat out REFUSED to say they won't seek to pack the court if elected.

@NeuroTypical, just another example of him saying: “You’ll Know My Opinion On Court Packing When The Election’s Over”.

Edited by NeedleinA

So to pack the Court what do they need.  Clearly the Presidency and the Senate... do they need the House to?

And it is a stupid move anyways..  Because the Party in Power changes hands often... once this barrier is broken then both parties will do in and the Court will inflate to the size of the House of Representatives

43 minutes ago, estradling75 said:

So to pack the Court what do they need.  Clearly the Presidency and the Senate... do they need the House to?

And it is a stupid move anyways..  Because the Party in Power changes hands often... once this barrier is broken then both parties will do in and the Court will inflate to the size of the House of Representatives

Yes, the number of SCOTUS justices (and the jurisdiction of the federal courts generally) is set by statute; and the House would have to approve any proposed changes.

1 hour ago, Just_A_Guy said:

Yes, the number of SCOTUS justices (and the jurisdiction of the federal courts generally) is set by statute; and the House would have to approve any proposed changes.

So if the Dems get the Executive and Legislative Branches, they will take the Judicial one as well

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2020 at 4:32 PM, estradling75 said:

So if the Dems get the Executive and Legislative Branches, they will take the Judicial one as well

Well, Ideally, from my perspective (not pro-trump) I would hope that they get the Executive, but NOT the Senate at this point.  That should lock things up for a bit (and things seem to be better when we have a split government rather than one party dominating it...in my opinion).