What happened to MormonGator?

Guest Scott

Guest Godless

Yes. He got fed up with the way things have been on the forums, so he had his account deleted. I've drastically scaled back my participation on here for the same reason.

Not to ruffle any feathers  but I was taught by my parents not to determine my actions depending so much on the choices of others but rather to determine my course and (symbolically speaking) set my sales and rudder to take me where I intended to go; regardless of what direction the wind blows or the destiny of others.   I will miss the contributions of Mormongator and the full participation of @Godless

The Traveler

4 hours ago, Godless said:

the way things have been on the forums,

Too bad there wasn't further clarification of what "things" were causing concern. Too vague to know what if anything could have been done better. Perhaps nothing could have been done better and that reason(s) for participating in a forum in the first place simply no longer exists. Without further clarification, we are left to speculate.

I wish him the best.

33 minutes ago, NeedleinA said:

Too bad there wasn't further clarification of what "things" were causing concern. Too vague to know what if anything could have been done better. Perhaps nothing could have been done better and that reason(s) for participating in a forum in the first place simply no longer exists. Without further clarification, we are left to speculate.

I wish him the best.

The polarization that we see the country has undergone is being felt here.  This forum is for the Church of Christ's restored Gospel.  And all are welcome here as long as respect that.

A large part of the Church membership (or at least the membership represented here) tends to have the same political leanings.  This leads those that feel differently to feel like they are second class citizens.  It does not help that we are all flawed and are not as Christ-like as we should be.

54 minutes ago, estradling75 said:

The polarization that we see the country has undergone is being felt here.  This forum is for the Church of Christ's restored Gospel.  And all are welcome here as long as respect that.

A large part of the Church membership (or at least the membership represented here) tends to have the same political leanings.  This leads those that feel differently to feel like they are second class citizens.  It does not help that we are all flawed and are not as Christ-like as we should be.

I don't know anyone here who has a political leaning one way or another. Definitely not this guy, Wink. 😉
dddddddd.jpg.f28fdc605d6433986e48dd7efcdc92cd.jpg

I'll do my part to tone it down and go back to the good ol' hay days.
I've seen conservative and liberal talk from many participants but excluding myself I don't think I've actually heard anyone else say I'm for (Trump or Biden).
We have an election upon us... perhaps a time when the subject is more relevant.

Christ does come first though.

2 hours ago, NeedleinA said:

I don't know anyone here who has a political leaning one way or another. Definitely not this guy, Wink. 😉
dddddddd.jpg.f28fdc605d6433986e48dd7efcdc92cd.jpg

I'll do my part to tone it down and go back to the good ol' hay days.
I've seen conservative and liberal talk from many participants but excluding myself I don't think I've actually heard anyone else say I'm for (Trump or Biden).
We have an election upon us... perhaps a time when the subject is more relevant.

Christ does come first though.

No explanation was given so it is hard to say.  My perception of things wasn't a rift of politics as much as it is a rift of faith.  This site strongly supports the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  That doesn't mean that it is forbidden to question or disagree with some things taught, but I would imagine it can get uncomfortable for those with strong opinions who either are not members or those who are inactive members.  Probably more so for inactive members who still profess to be members, because the laws and expectations of Heavenly Father don't change just because you choose to ignore them.

11 hours ago, Godless said:

Yes. He got fed up with the way things have been on the forums, so he had his account deleted. I've drastically scaled back my participation on here for the same reason.

BUT...I am still here. :beammeup: