So my longtime friend thinks Pope Francis is the Antichrist

Kawazu

5 hours ago, estradling75 said:

I tend to lean toward the planet Conjunction theory myself but that is just a personal thing.  

I have considered that possibility but a planet conjunction would not be bright enough to be seen during the day.  However, the main problem with my theory is that the Chinees did not record a supernova during the time of Christ - nor did they indicate a any star that could be seen during daylight hours.  

The Traveler

15 minutes ago, Traveler said:

I have considered that possibility but a planet conjunction would not be bright enough to be seen during the day.  However, the main problem with my theory is that the Chinees did not record a supernova during the time of Christ - nor did they indicate a any star that could be seen during daylight hours.  

The Traveler

That is where I was going to go with it.  The night without darkness is hard to explain scientifically because we lack any kind of evidence (except for the testimony of the Book of Mormon itself)  Where as the wise men also saw the sign in the Heavens of Christ's birth and acted on it.  This seemed to be a sign that was clear to those watching but otherwise not remarkable...

It is natural to assume they were one and the same but they seem very different, and I am not even sure they are the same mechanism.

6 hours ago, Traveler said:

A couple of thoughts:

First - Wouldn't silence in heaven for an hour and a half be proof (at least up to that point) that there are no women in heaven?  😨

Second - on a more serious note - It has long been a theory of mine that the sign of Christ is a star.  At his birth the star was a sun gone supernova about 600 or more light years away.  This would hit the earth with enough energy to cause the ozone to become fluorescent which would account for the night in the Americas of perpetual light.  Since the entire sky would light up there would be no shadows.  The supernova would also be visible during the day.   In Matt chapter 24 there is a reference to the sign of Christ.  Again I theorize that this is also a star but unlike the previous supernova this would be within 400 light years from earth - would rise in the east and cause a catastrophic extinction event of all life on earth with the exception of those caught up to meet the Christ.   

Another possibility is the star Betelgeuse which is estimated to be just over 600 light years away.   However, Betelgeuse is a giant sun and when it goes supernova would be most problematic for life because of its size but may not be an entire extinction event.  And Betelgeuse is in the life cycle to go supernova.   Its size and brightness has been unstable lately.

Anyway - this may be a good time to repent.

The Traveler

Where, exactly are you getting this data?  If a black hole were to invert and spew all it's energy outward at 600 light years away -- MAYBE -- we'd have some significant effect on earth.  But Betelgeuse? We might have elevated radiation readings (as if we were flying in an airplane).  It would certainly not cause a worldwide aurora for three days straight.

Why doe people have this drive to use mundane explanations for Deific miracles?  Oh, right, because miracles are only science that are beyond our mortal ability to understand.  Well, then why are you trying to explain it with our mortal understanding?

Edited by Carborendum