For this reason alone, I could vote for this Democrat

Carborendum

https://www.theblaze.com/news/minnesota-democrat-blow-whistle-voter-fraud

A Minnesota Democrat is blowing the whistle on a vote-buying scam that is working to help her campaign.  She exposed it and denounced it.  She warned all others to stay away from it.  And she herself was stopping her door-to-door campaign so that she would not even "have the appearance" of being involved in that evil.

I don't know what her poltiical positions are (other than she's a Democrat).  But that level of honesty and integrity that may serve to hurt her politically is worth my vote.

Edited by Carborendum

I don't remember having voted for any Democrat since the early to mid 1990s in Pennsylvania. If I witnessed such integrity in a Democrat locally, I might be induced to vote for him or her. But my cynical side wonders if this politician realized that the vote-buying was likely to be exposed, and she would be much better off as being her own whistle-blower. But we can at least suppose the best. I hope this report is on the up-and-up.

19 minutes ago, Vort said:

I don't remember having voted for any Democrat since the early to mid 1990s in Pennsylvania. If I witnessed such integrity in a Democrat locally, I might be induced to vote for him or her. But my cynical side wonders if this politician realized that the vote-buying was likely to be exposed, and she would be much better off as being her own whistle-blower. But we can at least suppose the best. I hope this report is on the up-and-up.

There's always the danger that this is the confession before the accusation approach at innocence. But I'll wager to guess this is on the up and up because of one thing:

The reason being, what we have clearly seen, we have seen first of all the seniors are being confused about the time of the campaign, and how [voting] is supposed to be done in the traditional American system of voting.

We are doing the opposite. In fact we are doing it like Somalia, and even worse, is how the campaigns are being done.

To denigrate her homeland (old country) because this was more commonplace says that she was indeed the kind of immigrant we want more of.  Not that they have to denigrate their homeland.  But she recognizes that the US is supposed to be better.  Americans are supposed to be better.  And we can't do in America what we did in the old country.