Biden Corruption Emails

Carborendum

I read a little more into this.  Apparently, there is actual reason to believe this is election interference on the part of Trump.

I'm not saying this is made up.  It is absolutely true. And it was brought to the attention of the Trump administration by an innocent third party who is now afriad that he's going to be shot during a morning jog.

What I'm saying is that the timing is interesting.  They had this information last year.  The time that Trump had his infamous phone call with Ukraine seems to say that he was in the process of investigating it before it was brought to light.  So, he really was just doing his job -- investigating possible corrupt politician practices.  But this could have been brought up earlier than this month.

Was it really just a matter of performing a thorough investigation and getting all their ducks in a row?  Or was it timed perfectly to do maximum damage to Biden?  You have to admit that if there were a perfect time, two to three weeks before the election would be that perfect time.

Either way, it was certainly justice to expose Biden.  It just seems that the timing was just too perfect.

Of course this is timed.  Like the release of Trump's taxes was timed.  Like the rest of the headlines-grabbing "October Surprises" will be timed.  Both sides vie for control of the news cycles, because for every dozen decided voters, there are a couple voters with no long term memory, who will just vote based off of how they feel about this or that candidate, and their feelings will be informed by what they listened to on the radio on the drive to the voting place.

This is how campaigns are run.  Seems a stretch to call it "election interference".

2020 is a rare thing, because we're thinking and talking about two totally untimed things: Trump's Covid, and RBG's replacement.

Edited by NeuroTypical

UPDATE:

FCC is establishing rule regarding Section 230 of the Communications Act (which covers the immunity granted to Social Media due to their claim of neutrality).

https://www.dailywire.com/news/fcc-chairman-begins-taking-action-on-section-230-following-alleged-social-media-election-interference

We'll see just what the effects are going to be soon.

11 hours ago, Suzie said:

No amount of 'dirt' will change minds at this point.

On the contrary, there are many undecided voters out there. 

The thing is that there's nothing more they can say about Trump that people haven't already heard.  So, any new dirt won't change anyone's opinion on Trump.

But this is something previously unknown about Biden that could push some undecided voters to one side or the other. But who knows which direction they will go in light of this new knowledge.

Up until now, it has mainly been a question of Trump's... being Trump vs. Biden's incompetence and mental degradation.  But this is a question of corruption that was brought up before, but without sufficient evidence to be clear and convincing to many.  This new evidence is "more" than we had before.  It may be enough to push some over the line of "clear and convincing."

Edited by Carborendum

10 hours ago, Suzie said:

No amount of 'dirt' will change minds at this point. Too many things happened during this administration. Biden is going to win, I'm almost certain.

I disagree... Trump won the last election... and it was very polarized back then too.  Trump has been exactly the president that his followers expected.  So I really doubt he has lost any votes that he already had.

For Biden to win he has to pull most the non Trump voters from 2016.  While there are many polarized anti Trumpers out there... can Biden get all the polarized anti-Trumper and undecideds from 2016?  That remains to be seen.  Stuff like this hurts him.  If it did not, and no one thought it would... there would be no Social Media suppression of the story.

Edited by estradling75

24 minutes ago, estradling75 said:

I disagree... Trump won the last election... and it was very polarized back then too.  Trump has been exactly the president that his followers expected.  So I really doubt he has lost any votes that he already had.

For Biden to win he has to pull most the non Trump voters from 2016.  While there are many polarized anti Trumpers out there... can Biden get all the polarized anti-Trumper and undecideds from 2016?  That remains to be seen.  Stuff like this hurts him.  If it did not, and no one thought it would... there would be no Social Media suppression of the story.

It stands to reason.  Very few 2016 Trump voters will change sides.  And some never-Trumpers (like me) shifted and decided Trump is actually doing a good job.  He's proved us wrong on many fronts.  We still don't like the guy and hate all his character flaws.  But we can't avoid admitting the good he's done.  MANY people are in this boat.

Yes, leftists who hated him before still hate him now.  No change there.

On the other hand we have Biden... 'nuff said.

So, if we can't decrease the number of Trump voters (because it really doesn't seem like those numbers are diminishing) then the only way for Biden to win...

1) "Get out the vote" with a whole bunch of people who didn't vote for Hillary to come vote for Biden.
2) Cheat.

Given that Biden is pretty much the only choice that could have been worse than Hillary, I doubt option #1 is viable.  But if the Dems focus on Kamala and the 25th amendment... that could work.  Not that I'm a fan of Kamala, but liberals will certainly take her over Trump any day.

Short of that, yeah, they're going to cheat.  What am I saying, they've already been cheating.  We've uncovered at least a dozen incidents of voter fraud all over the country.  And every one of them has been to push the votes towards Democrats.  It is no wonder all the liberals are expecting a landslide in favor of Biden even though there is no rationale for believing such a voter shift would occur.

Suzie points out "too many things have happened".  Yeah, and?  I was a Never-Trumper and I've listened to everything that has gone on.  And I have listened to both Fox and CNN.  From time to time I can even abide some words from MSNBC.  I had every motivation and desire to hate Trump as much as any liberal.  I just didn't have TDS. 

And when I consider all the sides and all the arguments, I'm still seeing that "it's Trump's Fault" simply doesn't pass the mustard.

Edited by Carborendum

I get all my relevant news from TikTok these days.  :)    And I'm astounded by the amount of #WalkAway liberals who have had enough of multigenerational betrayal by democrats, and they are ticked off enough to publicly come out as supporting Trump.   The prospect of a guy who has been making the same promises to fix things for 4+ decades, and a Veep pick of the only person out there who has put more black people behind bars than he has, is just too much for them.

Edited by NeuroTypical

34 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

So, if we can't decrease the number of Trump voters (because it really doesn't seem like those numbers are diminishing) then the only way for Biden to win...

1) "Get out the vote" with a whole bunch of people who didn't vote for Hillary to come vote for Biden.
2) Cheat.

Given that Biden is pretty much the only choice that could have been worse than Hillary, I doubt option #1 is viable.  But if the Dems focus on Kamala and the 25th amendment... that could work.  Not that I'm a fan of Kamala, but liberals will certainly take her over Trump any day.

Short of that, yeah, they're going to cheat.  What am I saying, they've already been cheating.  We've uncovered at least a dozen incidents of voter fraud all over the country.  And every one of them has been to push the votes towards Democrats.  It is no wonder all the liberals are expecting a landslide in favor of Biden even though there is no rationale for believing such a voter shift would occur.

I am also one who did not vote for Trump last time who is considering it this time (although I still wish I had better options)

I am not so sure it is that easy.  Hilary won the popular vote, Trump won the electoral vote (the one that matters)  Some of those votes were narrowly in Trumps favor... a targeted "get out the vote" to "swing" areas might just swing them the other way.

I all know for certain is that "Everyone" was saying that Hilary would win in 2016... and they were wrong.  And now "Everyone"  is saying that Biden will win... yet they can not make any claim that Trump is some how weaker this time around. I see no reason to believe what "Everyone" is saying because I see no signs that there predictive abilities have improved.

1 hour ago, NeuroTypical said:

I get all my relevant news from TikTok these days.  :)    And I'm astounded by the amount of #WalkAway liberals who have had enough of multigenerational betrayal by democrats, and they are ticked off enough to publicly come out as supporting Trump.   The prospect of a guy who has been making the same promises to fix things for 4+ decades, and a Veep pick of the only person out there who has put more black people behind bars than he has, is just too much for them.

I've actually noticed a lot of people leaving the left because of cancel culture.  They still remain pro-choice, pro-gay marriage, pro-universal healthcare, etc.  But they believe in free speech so much that they feel the right is more tolerant than the left.  The right will actually have a real discussion about a difference of opinion.  The left will cancel you for one word out of line.

7 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

I've actually noticed a lot of people leaving the left because of cancel culture.  They still remain pro-choice, pro-gay marriage, pro-universal healthcare, etc.  But they believe in free speech so much that they feel the right is more tolerant than the left.  The right will actually have a real discussion about a difference of opinion.  The left will cancel you for one word out of line.

I wonder if there might be a bit of confirmation bias.  You see that.  The Left/Dems see people leaving Trump.  We dismiss the later (because we do not see it... but we really wouldn't) but believe the former (because it matches our experiences).

"If" I am recalling things correctly, a small forum sampling looks like:

1. I did not vote Trump 2016 but am Trump 2020
2. @Carborendum did not vote Trump 2016 but Trump 2020
3. I believe @NeuroTypical said he did not vote Trump 2016 but Trump 2020

4. @estradling75 "considering" Trump

I've got a paddle in this boat too:

2 hours ago, Carborendum said:

...hate all his character flaws.  But we can't avoid admitting the good he's done.  MANY people are in this boat.

39 minutes ago, estradling75 said:

I wonder if there might be a bit of confirmation bias.  You see that.  The Left/Dems see people leaving Trump.  We dismiss the later (because we do not see it... but we really wouldn't) but believe the former (because it matches our experiences).

Forgive me if I'm on a TikTok binge here.  But it's commonplace to tag your political TikToks with multiple hashtags (#Biden2020 #Trump2020 #2020Election, etc).  So although my swiping preferences are feeding TikTok's algorithms, I'm perusing both sides of political thought.

I'm seeing an astonishing number of #WalkAway lefties.  

I'm seeing absolutely zero from folks walking away from the right.  Not a single one.   I'm not being presented anything to dismiss. 

Just now, NeedleinA said:

"If" I am recalling things correctly, a small forum sampling looks like:

1. I did not vote Trump 2016 but am Trump 2020
2. @Carborendum did not vote Trump 2016 but Trump 2020
3. I believe @NeuroTypical said he did not vote Trump 2016 but Trump 2020
4. @estradling75 "considering" Trump

I think @Vort is on record somewhere as being on this list.

58 minutes ago, estradling75 said:

Ok, there's a possibility of confirmation bias.  So, where's there evidence of people walking away from Trump?  Could it not be that the left is also experiencing confirmation bias -- resulting in the expectation of a landslide victory for Biden?  Where's the evidence?

My experience has been like NT's.  I've been on both sides of the social media and media sites.  And I've seen only one who went from right to left because he was a farmer who was upset about some trade deal with selling wheat to China.  Apart from that one guy, I've seen no one else.  But TONS of people going from left to right.

So, yes, it's possible. And to be objective, we need to see if that's happening.  But where's the evidence?  Most of the voices we hear in media of Republicans who trash Trump were never Trumpers in 2016.  They just didn't change like I did.  And many of them will not vote for Biden either.  So, where is the evidence.

19 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

I think @Vort is on record somewhere as being on this list.

Not to speak for Vort.  But I believe he's offered subdued language indicating that he "plugged his nose" and voted for the orange man in 2016 because he disliked Hillary that much.  But he won't be plugging his nose so much this time.

Just now, pam said:

Ted Cruz is calling for Jack Dorsey to attend some kind of a hearing to answer as to why twitter and facebook are deleting and censoring all of the NY Time's articles regarding Biden and his son's dealings.  

All that will do is make them come up with more semantic twists to describe their actions.  It won't do anything until the FCC comes up with very good and very clear guidance on the application of the law.

5 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

Not to speak for Vort.  But I believe he's offered subdued language indicating that he "plugged his nose" and voted for the orange man in 2016 because he disliked Hillary that much.  But he won't be plugging his nose so much this time.

No, I voted for Weed Man last time. I'll be voting for Trump this time, and not holding my nose nearly as much as you might think.

Just now, Carborendum said:

Ok, there's a possibility of confirmation bias.  So, where's there evidence of people walking away from Trump?  Could it not be that the left is also experiencing confirmation bias -- resulting in the expectation of a landslide victory for Biden?  Where's the evidence?

My experience has been like NT's.  I've been on both sides of the social media and media sites.  And I've seen only one who went from right to left because he was a farmer who was upset about some trade deal with selling wheat to China.  Apart from that one guy, I've seen no one else.  But TONS of people going from left to right.

So, yes, it's possible. And to be objective, we need to see if that's happening.  But where's the evidence?  Most of the voices we hear in media of Republicans who trash Trump were never Trumpers in 2016.  They just didn't change like I did.  And many of them will not vote for Biden either.  So, where is the evidence.

That is a very good question.  As far as I know I have seen no evidence for former Trump voters moving away from Trump.    And yet people are Polling, predicting and expecting a landslide for Biden.  What evidence do they see that we do not?  It seems that it would be a bit Myopic to dismiss it all as mere wish fulfillment.

• pam featured this topic
  • pam unfeatured this topic