Biden Corruption Emails

Carborendum

11 hours ago, Suzie said:

Allan Lichtman who has correctly predicted the winner of each presidential race

No one, including Litchman with his 2000 vs. 2016 interpretation flipping, knows for certain what the results of the election will be. Saying someone will be president vs. someone will win the popular vote isn't the same thing. He was correct, according to himself. He was right that Gore won the popular vote BUT then still lost the presidency. He can't have it both ways and still be a guru. He is always careful to give himself an out if he is wrong, after all he couldn't sell as many books unless he has an out. The out this year is Russian interference and voter suppression.

With really only two players in the game, we all have 50/50 odds of being right or wrong.

Time will tell.

Independent of Litchtman, one thing I'm certain of is that the mainstream media hates Trump. He has called them out for being fake news since the beginning. He has done his part to expose their heavily biased agenda. In so doing, he has crippled their credibility, hurt their viewership and ultimately put a bleeding hole in their pocketbook. Thus the hatred. If any poll suggested Trump would win, I would never expect them to freely offer up that information. Suppression is key.

Trump didn't create the far left's hatred, he only helped expose them for who they are.

Edited by NeedleinA

So, the coded language in Hunter's emails has been confirmed by individuals in the email chain to refer to Joe Biden.

OK, maybe the left should be ok with this.  The earliest the investigation can possibly indict Joe would be after the election.  So, I can see this playing out in the following ways.

1. Joe wins.  Once he's inaugurated, he calls the FBI off.  He reinstates the swamp to its former glory.  And everyone is happy that Trump is gone.  Then a month or so later, Kamala invokes the 25th amendment.
2. Joe wins. And some excuse is used for the Left to turn on him to the point where Kamala has to "reluctantly" take the reins and ask all the electors who were for Biden to vote for Kamala.
3. Trump wins. The investigation turns into a trial for Biden and eventually Obama.  Lawyers argue forever and there is no conviction.  They either get off scott free or they  are given a slap on the wrist.
4. Trump wins. He drops the investigation because "it doesn't matter anymore.  Sleepy Joe is harmless now."

14 hours ago, Carborendum said:

1. Joe wins.  Once he's inaugurated, he calls the FBI off.  He reinstates the swamp to its former glory.  And everyone is happy that Trump is gone.  Then a month or so later, Kamala invokes the 25th amendment.

2. Joe wins. And some excuse is used for the Left to turn on him to the point where Kamala has to "reluctantly" take the reins and ask all the electors who were for Biden to vote for Kamala.

Either way it actually appears to be Trump vs. Harris this election. The Dems have to be holding someone ready to go on the sideline for Harris's new VP.

Now the Dems are saying that the email evidence alongside witness testimony against Biden is a sign that Guliani is a Russian Asset.  

Aside from the almost pathological disregard for facts, since when have the Republicans been the side that cozies up to the Russians and the Democrats want to portray communism as evil?

Edited by Carborendum

21 hours ago, Carborendum said:

So, the coded language in Hunter's emails has been confirmed by individuals in the email chain to refer to Joe Biden.

OK, maybe the left should be ok with this.  The earliest the investigation can possibly indict Joe would be after the election.  So, I can see this playing out in the following ways.

3. Trump wins. The investigation turns into a trial for Biden and eventually Obama.  Lawyers argue forever and there is no conviction.  They either get off scott free or they  are given a slap on the wrist.
4. Trump wins. He drops the investigation because "it doesn't matter anymore.  Sleepy Joe is harmless now."

No one will be indicted - Even if all the accusations were 100% true; no law was broken.  Some wonder about the timing - which is for the only reason of influencing the election.  Public officials cannot directly receive money - but they can legally allow someone else and even receive money from intermediates if they have set it all up properly through their lawyer.  Welcome to the swamp.  Anyone surprised that "their guy" is among all the other swamp creatures?

The Traveler

On 10/16/2020 at 7:47 PM, Scott said:

I agree with you 100%.  What a sad state our country is in right now.

I still have faith in our country, but not as much as I used to.

If we are doing things right, America should be a country to be looked upon as a beacon of hope and freedom.  Now much whole world is laughing at us (literally) and not without good cause.  

Scott, and all other leftists with similar attitudes?

I 100% understand why you're not voting for Trump.  I've heard all the arguments.  I get it.  I'm not going to try to argue that you should vote for Trump.

But why on earth do you think Biden is a better alternative?  EVERY accusation leveled at Trump is MORE true and WORSE with Biden.  Then add to that, all the incompetence (before senility set in) and the senility that is more and more obviously taking him over.  What on earth could be a motivation to think he's a better choice?

• Race?  Biden is more racist than Trump ever was.
  • Rudeness and bullying attitude? Biden is just as guilty or more.  Trump is just better at it and has a more noticeable style. 
  • Environment?  I could show you their track records to prove Biden's been worse.
  • Women's rights?  Again, I could show you their track records.
  • Gay rights?  Again I could show you their track records.
  • Healthcare?  Believe it or not, I could show you their records.
  • Lifting the minority populations out of poverty and out of prisons?  Are you kidding?  hands down, Trump wins.
  • Abuse of power?  Seriously?

If you honestly don't know why Biden is worse in every one of these categories, then you have been blinded by the MSM, and you really need to see the other side of the news.  The stuff that the MSM won't tell you because it may "hurt poor little innocent Biden."

So, yes, I get that fact you think Trump is a megalomaniacal sycophant who should have never held office.  And a part of me agrees.  But what on earth would make you think Biden is the LESSer evil?

I recognized this fact when I was a Never Trumper.  And I chose not to vote for either.  To me voting for Trump was like wanting to stand in toilet water. But Biden and Clinton were like standing in a septic tank.

This time around, I realize that the whole house is full of toilet water that hasn't been cleaned out in a long time.  But Trump at least flushes the toilet.

Edited by Carborendum

On 10/16/2020 at 5:40 PM, Just_A_Guy said:

It’s a pity they can’t both lose.  These are two colossally dishonest, predatory individuals.

I like the results of Trump’s administration more than I’d like the results of Biden’s—but other than the fact that he has governed from the right more than I expected, none of my objections to Trump from 2016 have been assuaged.  I will be writing “Russell M. Nelson” on my ballot, and will probably spend the post-election season reminding the losing side that this election should have been eminently winnable for them if only they hadn’t selected such a sleazebag for their nominee.  

I voted for Gary Johnson 2016.  After COVID, I realized I'm not near the libertarian I thought I was. :D   

I'm putting none of the above this time around.  

5 hours ago, Carborendum said:

Environment?  I could show you their track records to prove Biden's been worse.

Let's start with this one.  Go for it.  We can discuss many points one at a time if you would like.

Edited by Scott

4 hours ago, Scott said:

Let's start with this one.  Go for it.  We can discuss many points one at a time if you would like.

I will start this one - one question for your Scott - How many planets in our inner solar system are experiencing climate change?  And why do you think Trump has made bad environmental/economic decisions? 

The Traveler

For the record, impeaching President Biden and removing him from office would play directly into the hands of the Democrats. None of the Dems really want Biden in there. His removal from office would put in his place someone they want there but who cannot be elected there on her own merits.

1 minute ago, Vort said:

Stupid Republicans. Not content with just messing up our own planet.

We did drop a probe into Jupiter - that must be the reason for the greatest climate change ever observed on Jupiter since Galileo (when we started keeping records).  As a side not - I learned this summer that the devastation to our forests by the pine beetle is a common 300 year cycle occurrence and not climate change, acid rain or over logging as has been claimed for decades.  

The Traveler 

7 minutes ago, Vort said:

For the record, impeaching President Biden and removing him from office would play directly into the hands of the Democrats. None of the Dems really want Biden in there. His removal from office would put in his place someone they want there but who cannot be elected there on her own merits.

You must be kidding - the Democrats really wanted Kamala all along???

The Traveler

Not to try to sound like a bad movie plot, but apparently, The Biden Family Crime Syndicate has been enriching themselves by selling high-level access to our federal government for quite some time now.

Dang.  I guess now I know how people who believe horrible things about Trump feel.  But I'll be content if the truth comes out, and don't care if anyone goes to jail, as long as a stop is put to it.

"I have not taken a penny from any foreign source ever in my life," Democrat presidential candidate Joe Biden said on the 22nd of October in his final debate with President Donald Trump.

That was a huge bold faced lie by Joe Biden and there is documentation to prove it.

16 hours ago, NeuroTypical said:

Not to try to sound like a bad movie plot, but apparently, The Biden Family Crime Syndicate has been enriching themselves by selling high-level access to our federal government for quite some time now.

Dang.  I guess now I know how people who believe horrible things about Trump feel.  But I'll be content if the truth comes out, and don't care if anyone goes to jail, as long as a stop is put to it.

This is not new in DC politics.  Lindon Johnson started out his life profession as a school teacher and then went into politics and then became one of the riches politicians in DC.  Peddling influence is the name of the game and everyone plays - even Utah greats like Orrin Hatch.  Most of their net worth comes from other sources other than their paid compensations directly from the government.   And this means of becoming rich is not just at the federal level.  For example, running for county commissioner can easily net a family millions in a single year rezoning property - in fact I left the Republican Party in part because I worked on a campaign of a county commissioner (in Utah - Utah county - that at the time was 90% LDS) for just this reason.   It is sad because politicians do not see anything wrong with such attitudes and they believe they earn the right to do such things.

The sad thing is that there are loop holes deliberately written into the laws that make everything legal.  No one will ever go to jail or be prosecuted - the only possibility is that they are exposed.  But the sad thing is the the primary reason that exposing ever happens is to that they will be removed from office in order that a new "public servant" can be elected for the primary reason to make their millions.  Biden - unless he was really stupid - has not broken any laws.

The Traveler

3 hours ago, Still_Small_Voice said:

"I have not taken a penny from any foreign source ever in my life," Democrat presidential candidate Joe Biden said on the 22nd of October in his final debate with President Donald Trump.

That was a huge bold faced lie by Joe Biden and there is documentation to prove it.

No!!! it is not a lie.  He has not taken any money from any foreign source.  His son and family organization have and sadly - that is not against the law.  The only money Biden has taken is from his family and family organization - which is not foreign.

The Traveler

On 10/23/2020 at 7:36 AM, NeedleinA said:

@JohnsonJones curious what you think about Carb's above post.

There are  great many things Carb said that I agree are correct.  The reasons I've chosen Biden (early voting and mailing in ballots is something done this election for us) didn't really concern any of that.

I agree with the idea that if Trump was impeachable than Biden should doubly be impeachable for the same offense...only thing...I didn't favor impeaching Trump over what they did.  It was ridiculous and a witch hunt.

Furthermore, I've been of the opinion that it isn't Russia that had it's hand at Trump's throat, but more likely the mafia (which could include, and probably does, the Russian Mafia).  That may have given some people leverage, but if you look at donations and other things, Russia also has a hand in the Democrats political process quite heavily as well.

Trump SHOULD be impeached, in my opinion...on other items.

However, the reasons I am against Trump aren't really talked about by Carb in his post.  In order of importance (currently) with me...

1.  Trump mocked disabled veterans and at times, veterans themselves.  He was open with it early on, has disguised it later, but it still comes out again.  His mockery of those that died in war, and other things have GREATLY turned me off about him.  People say all the time "thanks for your service" to veterans, but than their actions say they could care less.  Trump at least is open that he doesn't care much about veterans unless it is to try to get money. 

He hated McCain.  McCain was a hero for some in my generation.  An absolute Hero.  He was an ICON for many of us.  Sure, he was the son of a Military leader, but his actions spoke louder than any words.  He had the chance to go home because of that connection and instead stuck with the others and the men in solidarity.  He went to try to rescue those left behind after the war.  He suffered as others suffered and endured.  Trump's opposition to McCain...not really because of politics, but on principles and foundations of military honor and service put Trump in a BAD light for me. 

If one boils down to it, that probably is one of the BIGGEST foundations I have against Trump is Trump's attitudes in this arena. 

Biden has not shown such utter disregard.  Biden actually tends to be more conservative in many areas that would surprise people (one reason he is considered more a moderate than from the far left side of the Democrat party).  He may not be as respectful as some, but to me, seems miles above that of Trump in this area.

2.  Republicans have been hypocrites regarding the Budget.  I normally favor a government where neither party has control.  One Reason I supported the Republicans was that I was part of the ORIGINAL (before it was hijacked by others who could care less about this type of stuff) Teaparty movement.  The idea that we need to balance our budget seems to be a good priority to me.  I did not think they should have shut down the government over it in the way they did (not funding the government to pay it's debts), but I think it is an important thing.  So...they get control of the government with the House, the Senate, and the Executive...you'd think they'd balance the budget.  NOT SO.  IN fact, with the way the taxes have gone and the spending, we are in worse shape than when Democrats were in charge!  Instead of paying off the debt, or even just balancing the budget...it is waaay out of control.  They HAD the power to do something...they did not.  I'm NOT in favor of them right now.

3.  The ACA.  I'm against the ACA.  I AM for a single payer healthcare type system...but NOT one which puts the power in the hands of private insurance companies.  Biden is for this.  Trump says he is not.  It's one good thing trump did was to do away with the mandatory taxes element of it, but the Republicans did NOTHING to get rid of it.  They had over 100 votes to do away with it when Obama was in power, yet...when they came to power before they lost the house...they couldn't pass that same vote once!!!??? 

Trump should have focused on this...he didn't.  Far more than a wall with Mexico...this was a hot item to me.

4.  Trump cannot deal.  He says he can...but we've lost prestige and deals with other nations.  We went out from the ability to really put pressure on Iran to walking out of that and having NOTHING to really help us in return.  We are drawing out of Europe for what I think are dumb reasons and though we may have less drawback from angry Europeans, we also will have less influence on Europe by doing so.  He has ignored military advice from military advisors on timelines for withdrawals and other things.  China has GROWN in power under Trump's watch...not decreased.  Biden at least has some political saavy in these areas that hopefully he can repair our relations and prestige with the rest of the world.  Right now we are the laughing stocks of the world.  My passport which was one of the most powerful and useful 4 years ago is one of the most useless passports in the world today because it is an American Passport.

5.  Biden is actually more conservative than most think he is.  Yes, he is racist.  He showed he was racist in many past votes, a LOT OF this was from a more conservative background that he has.  In fact, many of the things Carb points out is because Biden is a LOT more conservative than a lot of the democrats are today.  Many of them are biting down and voting for him...NOT because they think he is going to be who they want, but because he is not Trump.  Others are doing so in hopes that he dies or goes out of office so his Vice President gets to be in charge.  In fact there is a sizeable chunk out there that hate Biden but are voting for him in hopes that they can get rid of him and have his VP be put as president in charge.  Biden is conservative enough that I can live with it, even if he is more liberal than many conservatives would want.  Ironically, with monetary policies, Trump actually seems FAR TOO LIBERAL to me.  It's not that Biden is going to be better than Trump...but I don't know if he could be worse.

6.  A divided government.  My best hope for the nation right now is that we have Republicans retain the Senate (I hope so, the only poll I trust shows that this could happen, other polls I do not trust seem to indicate otherwise.) with the Democrats controlling the House and Executive.  This means that they will have to work together to pass things.  My worst thought is that the Democrats win control of the Executive and Congress (both House and Senate).  This would be a loss for me as I think there is an extreme amount of pressure on Biden to try to pack the courts...the ONE reason I debated about NOT voting for Biden.  I think if it is divided he will NOT be able to pack the courts and thus why he has been hesitant on his answer. 

7.  Ah yes, and cannot forget the last item.  Trump's handling of the nation and his leadership in the past few months during the pandemic.  If anything, he's tried to blame anything and anyone besides himself for the condition in the US right now.  Instead of taking responsibility for his actions, he points fingers and tries to say it's someone or something else.  He's supposed to be the most powerful man in the US right now...if ANYONE has the power to change things...HE DOES.  The fact that he is trying to blame others rather than actually be in control speaks volumes to me.  Even if Biden was as useless in policy, I feel Biden would have at least accepted some responsibility for the situation and expressed unifying statements to unite...rather than divide...our nation in this time.  It wouldn't even take much effort (they don't even have to write the speeches, have their speech writers do it, but at least GIVE the unifying speeches).

Trump has done anything BUT unite us over these past few months...and that's probably the final nail (but not the ONLY nail if you read the lengthy post above) of why I chose Biden.

Edited by JohnsonJones

21 hours ago, Traveler said:

We did drop a probe into Jupiter - that must be the reason for the greatest climate change ever observed on Jupiter since Galileo (when we started keeping records).  As a side not - I learned this summer that the devastation to our forests by the pine beetle is a common 300 year cycle occurrence and not climate change, acid rain or over logging as has been claimed for decades.  

The Traveler 

Off topic..

But this is interesting.  I would like to know more about this.  I've seen this problem up in the Mountains in the Sierra Nevadas when I went camping up there.  The Ranger explained to us about the Bugs (and that there was a bounty on them if we killed any) in regards to many of the pine trees that were dying off in the area.  I'd be interested in learning more about the cycle and the beetles cycles with it.

21 hours ago, Traveler said:

You must be kidding - the Democrats really wanted Kamala all along???

The Traveler

Yes, among others.  They only bit down and voted for Biden because they figured (as he tried to reason with them) that he was far more electable than Sanders, Harris, or Warren in many instances.  Biden appeals to the more moderates and conservative sides of the democrat party  (who tend to be the older voters), but the younger voters almost all wanted someone far to the left of Biden.

Edited by JohnsonJones

5 hours ago, Traveler said:

No!!! it is not a lie.  He has not taken any money from any foreign source.  His son and family organization have and sadly - that is not against the law.  The only money Biden has taken is from his family and family organization - which is not foreign.

The Traveler

Laundering the money does not change where it came from.  Anyone who has eyes to see knows where it came from.

44 minutes ago, Still_Small_Voice said:

Laundering the money does not change where it came from.  Anyone who has eyes to see knows where it came from.

Perhaps but the currency received were dollars not yuan which is the "foreign" currency of or from China.  It is not that I disagree - just than things like this have been going on for decades in both parties.  Some other methods used by politicians:

#1. Advances for books.

#2. Money for speeches

#3. Donations to charities - and kickbacks for "finder fees". 

#4. Scholarships for children and grand children.

#5. Free stuff - like burglar alarms and other upgrades for private property.

#6. Paid invites to international destinations - often with special favors (sexual) while there.

#7. Consulting fees

#8. Special pricing on high end items (including stocks) that can be immediately sold for profit. 

And of course the list goes on and on.  None of the above deal with campaign donations.   If the money is too close to the a politician then it can be filtered through a family member or friend.  The money does not have to come to the politician immediately but can be held in reserve until the politician is out of office.  Often big spenders in like New York or California will not use their own politicians in DC but will make deals with states where they have no direct interest - like Utah, Idaho and so on.  The swamp is far more broad and deep than most can imagine. 

The Traveler

On 10/23/2020 at 12:48 PM, Scott said:

I've only got time for a quick response on this.  Forgive me for being incomplete.

First, I'll admit this is the most difficult to see from the liberal perspective because you have to look past the rhetoric to see the substance.  I'll give just one example and I gotta go.

The Paris Climate Accords.  It was supposed to be this monumental step towards saving the planet.  But if you look at the numbers, you realize that it did NOTHING to reduce global emissions.  It only served to shift emissions from the US to other nations like China.  And they haven't done a thing to abide by their limits.

Then Trump gets us out.  Ever since we abandoned that agreement, the US emissions have gone down significantly.  How can that be?  The Accords guaranteed success.

The reason is that the details of what was actually agreed upon indicates no real substantive change.  It was only symbolic so satisfy the green mob.  It didn't do anything.

But by freeing American industry and incentivising them to be more efficient, they found ways to be more efficient. And greater efficiency means greater waste.  And it also means less energy to produce the same product.  Less energy means less emissions.

Later.

1 hour ago, Carborendum said:

But by freeing American industry and incentivising them to be more efficient, they found ways to be more efficient. And greater efficiency means greater waste.  And it also means less energy to produce the same product.  Less energy means less emissions.

Only that's not why emissions are down.  They are down in 2020 due to slowdowns during Covid and a downturn in travel.  In 2019, they were down 2% due to the closing of several coal-fired plants.  Trump (according to him especially) had nothing to do with the closure of the coal fired power plants.  

In 2018, emissions were up.   Before 2017 they had been steadily declining, especially since 2007, but with a few bumps.  

CO2 emissions aren't the only thing that has to do with the environment though.

Wildlife, wilderness protection, roadless rules, clean water, etc. are all part of the environment.  How has Trump been better with any of this?

Here is a list of environmental rollbacks from Trump, many of which have/had bipartisan support when put in place.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/climate/trump-environment-rollbacks-list.html

20 minutes ago, Scott said:

CO2 emissions

Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Administrator Andrew Wheeler 6/19/19:

“Today, we are delivering on one of President Trump’s core priorities: ensuring the American public has access to affordable, reliable energy in a manner that continues our nation’s environmental progress,”

EPA website:

Affordable Clean Energy Rule

Related Proposals

Proposed Affordable Clean Energy Rule
In August 2018, EPA proposed the Affordable Clean Energy rule (ACE) to establish emission guidelines for states to develop plans to address greenhouse gas emissions from existing coal-fired electric utility generating units. 

Proposed Clean Power Plan Repeal
In October 2017, EPA proposed to repeal the Clean Power Plan because it exceeded EPA's authority.

On June 19, 2019, EPA issued the final Affordable Clean Energy rule (ACE) – replacing the prior administration’s overreaching Clean Power Plan with a rule that restores rule of law, empowers states, and supports energy diversity. The ACE rule establishes emission guidelines for states to use when developing plans to limit carbon dioxide (CO2) at their coal-fired electric generating units (EGUs). In this notice, EPA also repealed the CPP, and issued new implementing regulations for ACE and future rules under section 111(d). 

It continues:

CO2 EMISSIONS STEADILY DECLINING
• EPA projects that, compared to a no-CPP baseline, the ACE rule will reduce carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions in 2030 by about 11 million short tons, resulting in combined domestic climate benefits and ancillary health co-benefits of $570 million to $1.3 billion at a 3 percent discount rate, and $470 million to $1.1 billion at a 7 percent discount rate.
• ACE, combined with emission reductions expected from industry trends, will reduce CO2 emissions from the electric sector by as much as 35 percent below 2005 levels in 2030.
• CO2 emissions in the power sector have steadily declined in recent years due to a range of factors including: market forces, technology improvements, and regulatory and other policy changes. As a result, the industry has increased the use of natural gas and renewable energy sources. These trends have resulted in CO2 emission reductions even as the U.S. has sustained economic growth and job gains across the economy—and this has all happened without the CPP ever going into effect, due to the Supreme Court’s unprecedented stay of that rule in February 2016. The ACE rule will continue this trend.

• pam unfeatured this topic